So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

Lxkane

she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly.

yoda can block and redirect force lightning which is just as bad i think

Edited by MWidowmaker

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. So she can stop a lightsaber with her bare hands, has shatterpoint, was powerful enough to turn the tide of a battle pitting mundane troopers against other force users single-handedly, her powers of foresight are apparently stronger than any other jedi of her time, has torn jedi-killer droids apart without effort, her force empathy is strong enough that she can almost read minds, she can divide by zero, she -can- believe it's not butter, she's counted to infinity twice, and other ridiculous feats. What did I miss?

Alright. So she can stop a lightsaber with her bare hands, has shatterpoint, was powerful enough to turn the tide of a battle pitting mundane troopers against other force users single-handedly, her powers of foresight are apparently stronger than any other jedi of her time, has torn jedi-killer droids apart without effort, her force empathy is strong enough that she can almost read minds, she can divide by zero, she -can- believe it's not butter, she's counted to infinity twice, and other ridiculous feats. What did I miss?

I heard she beat Chuck Norris and his clone single-handedly, and i'm not even exaggerating!

Edited by Karaiblis

Malgus Does live. On Ilum there's a quest where he's leaking information on a Dark Sith Araho or something like that to the Republic General. Of course he's only doing it so he can get rid of the other with and he can take power. His face is a bit f"""ed up, but ya he's alive and kicking

Um... are you actually saying that the CREATOR of the series is wrong? Because he does make the point very clear in his explanation of the Chosen One prophecy. In Lucas' eyes, the Sith were destroyed, and no new Sith Empire was ever going to emerge, because the story is over.

Yes. I'am very comfortable saying George Lucas is wrong. The best part of Star Wars is the Expanded Universe. Which covers a lot... including this entire game, and KOTOR and Legacy, and Knights of the Old Republic, and Dark Times, and..

Well, I could be here all day.

Okey, I get it. Good guys win is canon. Empire looses - is canon. ****** Satele is canon.

Now please, make us Empire players a FP for killing her and say its not canon and never happened. Okey? Thanks.

Edited by Gelious

Okey, I get it. Good guys win is canon. Empire looses - is canon. ****** Satele is canon.

Now please, make us Empire players a FP for killing her and say its not canon and never happened. Okey? Thanks.

i want to seduce her to the dark side of the force.... that would be hawt :D

I'm somewhat amazed that no one has said this yet, but: Every single run of the mill Jedi Shadow gets shatterpoint.

The thing you have to remember about 'rare force abilities' is we are three thousand years before the movies. Three thousand years before systematic purges obliterated almost every scrap of knowledge of the force, and killed off most of the Jedi. Fully three thousand years before the 'Most powerful force user of our time' was a whiny teenager who's greatest stunt was lifting an X-Wing out of a swamp.

The way force abilities become rare is the people who knew them die out, and fail to pass their knowledge on.

I'm loving this. Apparently a few people here are butt hurt because Shan took five minutes of spotlight away from Malgus in one of the three cinematics he was featured in. Cinematics, I like to add, that show-off how incredibly unmatched he is in lightsaber combat. I mean, **** man, in Return apparently all he needed to muster up the strength to be able to swat away ship debris and knock lightsabers out of people's hands was for his Master Vindican to get the **** out the way.

Despite Shan's feat of strength in Hope, Malgus still manages to look far more threatening then she does afterwards by withstanding a tremendous amount of force before being punch through a mountain. Through. A. Mountain. And what cruel, twisted deformity he has to indure after this? A respirator. No, not a wheelchair, a respirator.

So ya, Shan's clearly the OP, unrealistic one of the two.

Edited by Callabhan

Agree. Killing Revan is much more iconic than Malgus, BUT can you really say Revan was republic?

Not sure, but i can say that Revan really, really didn't like the Sith. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Also to the people who doubted they fought the real revan you're just weird. The Exile was the one who helped free Revan, i doubt she would be wrong. Besides, Malgus was just a random Malak wannabe.

I'm loving this. Apparently a few people here are butt hurt because Shan took five minutes of spotlight away from Malgus in one of the three cinematics he was featured in. Cinematics, I like to add, that show-off how incredibly unmatched he is in lightsaber combat. I mean, **** man, in Return apparently all he needed to muster up the strength to be able to swat away ship debris and knock lightsabers out of people's hands was for his Master Vindican to get the **** out the way.

Despite Shan's feat of strength in Hope, Malgus still manages to look far more threatening then she does afterwards by withstanding a tremendous amount of force before being punch through a mountain. Through. A. Mountain. And what cruel, twisted deformity he has to indure after this? A respirator. No, not a wheelchair, a respirator.

So ya, Shan's clearly the OP, unrealistic one of the two.

It's probably the fact that Malgus was so powerful, that he was defeated (not killed) quite easily and early. Whereas Shan has so far survived and never even been encountered in a boss fight by the Empire... yes I get to mock her during Black Talon, but it isn't satisfying!

It's probably the fact that Malgus was so powerful, that he was defeated (not killed) quite easily and early. Whereas Shan has so far survived and never even been encountered in a boss fight by the Empire... yes I get to mock her during Black Talon, but it isn't satisfying!

Satele Shan is more important then Malgus.

seriously Malgus plays exactly no part in the storyline beyond the set up for his betrayal. Satele shan meanwhile is in a very clear leadership position.

sides it seems to be obvious to me that BW is setting up the empire to become fractured and infighting focused, they NEED to remove the stablizeing individuals in the empire for act 4 to begin

Satele Shan is more important then Malgus.

seriously Malgus plays exactly no part in the storyline beyond the set up for his betrayal. Satele shan meanwhile is in a very clear leadership position.

sides it seems to be obvious to me that BW is setting up the empire to become fractured and infighting focused, they NEED to remove the stablizeing individuals in the empire for act 4 to begin

You count Malgus as a stabilizing individual?

Easily? No, three of my homies had to knock him down a pit to get him to stop hitting me. And as you said: he's not dead.

He's not as important as Steele Shan

Well that's just silly.

Edited by Callabhan

Easily? No, three of my homies had to knock him down a pit to get him to stop hitting me. And as you said: he's not dead.

When I say 'easily' I more mean in the fact it was just a group of four that took him down... admittedly with a space station helping as well. Considering he was an iconic figure for -this- game (unlike Revan's iconic image of KOTOR). That he was defeated, and I'm chalking that up to being almost as bad as killed, so early on the game is a bit disheartening.

Yes, he does have room to return... but I'd have at least liked to have gone toe-to-toe with Satele Shan as well, even if she performs the miraculous escape at the last second.

Sorry, Imperials. The Republic's Malgus analog is already dead, which is why there isn't a FP to kill him.

Malgus killed him in the first cinematic, "Deceived".

Go look at the front page of this site, or the front of the box, or most of the online ads.

The Jedi poster child is not Satele Shan. It's Ven Zallow.

So, barring time travel, cloning, or "He was only mostly dead" plots, players will never get to kill the Republic's version of Malgus.

Edited by Kedan

Sorry, Imperials. The Republic's Malgus analog is already dead, which is why there isn't a FP to kill him.

Malgus killed him in the first cinematic, "Deceived".

Go look at the front page, of this site, or the front of the box, or most of the online ads.

The Jedi poster child is not Satele Shan. It's Ven Zallow.

So, barring time travel, cloning, or "He was only mostly dead" plots, players will never get to kill the Republic's version of Malgus.

I can settle for third best.

Second best being Jaece (Jace?).

Not sure, but i can say that Revan really, really didn't like the Sith. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Also to the people who doubted they fought the real revan you're just weird. The Exile was the one who helped free Revan, i doubt she would be wrong. Besides, Malgus was just a random Malak wannabe.

Malak and Malgus where nothing alike, nice fail.

Um... are you actually saying that the CREATOR of the series is wrong? Because he does make the point very clear in his explanation of the Chosen One prophecy. In Lucas' eyes, the Sith were destroyed, and no new Sith Empire was ever going to emerge, because the story is over.

Also, the Light Side and the Jedi are two separate entities. The Jedi TEACHINGS are extremist, but a number of Grey Jedi were very devoted to the Light: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jolee Bindo, and Revan as examples (Jinn and Revan may have still been a part of the Order, but were considered grey because they made no efforts to hide their disagreements with the Jedi Council and even defied them if they believed the Council was wrong)

The Light Side of the Force represents purity and balance, and the Dark Side represents corruption and imbalance, that's just how George Lucas wrote it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.

You do know that the books have Sith rising and falling after the movies as well, right?

I am pretty sure that is a back and forth affair for the rest of the galactic history.

• 4 months later...
I've always wanted to kill her but then I saw the idea for turning her to the dark side which is even better and it put a massive grin on my face and I thought about how It happened to my companion Ashara. Either way I want her gone from the light side so I can get that nice feeling when the Jedi realise there hero has fallen and has embraced the dark side and all there hope is gone, so please bioware let me kill her PLEASE! And the empire wants you to believe it is defeated after Vader but in fact we will be back again! I just hope we win next time.