So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

Lxkane

No it's the balance between the light and dark side that's the point, when one over reaches there is a backlash E.G episodes 1-3 the Jedi engineer their own destruction when they train anakin, or vice versa with Luke, the whole point is every action has an opposite and equal reaction, whether it be in 30 years or 3000.

"The overriding philosophy in Episode I—and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter—is the balance between good and evil."

-George Lucas, quoted in L. Bouzereau, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, 1999

also you're a moron for not picking up on this when you were 6 watching a new hope for the first time, learn to comprehension.

Uh no, the only balance in the force is the sith being destroyed. Dark side = corruption of the force. This is simple fact.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's the balance between the light and dark side that's the point, when one over reaches there is a backlash E.G episodes 1-3 the Jedi engineer their own destruction when they train anakin, or vice versa with Luke, the whole point is every action has an opposite and equal reaction, whether it be in 30 years or 3000.

"The overriding philosophy in Episode I—and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter—is the balance between good and evil."

-George Lucas, quoted in L. Bouzereau, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, 1999

also you're a moron for not picking up on this when you were 6 watching a new hope for the first time, learn to comprehension.

Nope, thats old. Lucas has since changed his mind since that quote lol. The light side is the balance.

And you seem pretty pathetic and can't handle being wrong.

There are two alternatives

1) The writers at least wanted to include an element of relativism and making a somewhat interesting commentary of morality.

2) This is poorly written drivel

And you seem pretty pathetic and can't handle being wrong.

So i googled it for all of 2 minutes and I already found the source where George Lucas states that the Jedi had misinterpreted the idea of bringing balance to the force, they assumed it meant the destruction of the sith, but he states explicitly that bringing balance means checking both the light and dark sides from having too much power. If the Jedi finally do bring balance when they train the chosen one Anakin, and the result is the destruction of their order. Again, that's stated explicitly by George Lucas that they did in fact bring balance to the force, and that balance meant their total destruction to BALANCE out all the power they had held before. It's just an endless cycle of destruction and rebirth for both sides, the fact that you can't grasp this fact when it's a 5,000 year old ideological war that still hasn't ended is retarded. it's also a direct thematic reference the the anthropological idea of a cyclical history, which is a reference to the Hellenistic society that crafted the original "heroes journey". Star Wars was always just rebranded mythology anyway, I'm not making far-reaching assumptions about what points are being made because it's all very well laid out if you understand the source material that's being parodied.

Edited by frankiejo

The empire killed Revan, thats more than enough for the republic to kill off every imp.

I completely agree with this post. You haters whine some more. For every topic like this, Republic players should get to kill one more important persona from the Empire. Seriously, go find a full time job instead of asking stupid things like this.

I completely agree with this post. You haters whine some more. For every topic like this, Republic players should get to kill one more important persona from the Empire. Seriously, go find a full time job instead of asking stupid things like this.

How is this a valid point? Considering Revan is still alive, and anyone who plays the empire side can tell you he survives the end of the Foundary, are you butthurt over the death of Revan when Revan isn't even dead? I don't cry over the death of the emperor, considering it's spelled out explicitly that he isn't dead either.

I have a full time job, I'm being paid as I'm typing this.

Haters? Because God forbid anyone have an opinion that differs from yours, right?

If you don't like the thread, don't respond to it. No reason to come in and start being a jerk for no reason.

So i googled it for all of 2 minutes and I already found the source where George Lucas states that the Jedi had misinterpreted the idea of bringing balance to the force, they assumed it meant the destruction of the sith, but he states explicitly that bringing balance means checking both the light and dark sides from having too much power. If the Jedi finally do bring balance when they train the chosen one Anakin, and the result is the destruction of their order. Again, that's stated explicitly by George Lucas that they did in fact bring balance to the force, and that balance meant their total destruction to BALANCE out all the power they had held before. It's just an endless cycle of destruction and rebirth for both sides, the fact that you can't grasp this fact when it's a 5,000 year old ideological war that still hasn't ended is retarded. it's also a direct thematic reference the the anthropological idea of a cyclical history, which is a reference to the Hellenistic society that crafted the original "heroes journey". Star Wars was always just rebranded mythology anyway, I'm not making far-reaching assumptions about what points are being made because it's all very well laid out if you understand the source material that's being parodied.

Spaces between paragraphs, hard to do it seems.

How is this a valid point? Considering Revan is still alive, and anyone who plays the empire side can tell you he survives the end of the Foundary, are you butthurt over the death of Revan when Revan isn't even dead? I don't cry over the death of the emperor, considering it's spelled out explicitly that he isn't dead either.

I have a full time job, I'm being paid as I'm typing this.

They're NOT complaining about having to kill Revan. They're saying you guys can hardly complain about killing Malgus when you got to kill Revan.

Revan's not dead? Well guess what? Neither is Malgus!

Edited by rashencyberspeed

They're NOT complaining about having to kill Revan. They're saying you guys can hardly complain about killing Malgus when you got to kill Revan.

Revan's not dead? Well guess what? Neither is Malgus!

he can be actually killed now though body and all, although that still doesn't mean hes dead dead, it does paint a disturbing warning that he may not return.

Must admit, I have never taken to Satele Shan as a character (That being said, there are few Rep characters I have really taken too). Perhaps she is more likable in the expanded stories. I would only want them to kill her off if it fitted the story, but given how the Empire has been kicked down recently, I do think they are in for a rise very soon.

It's rather pointless discussing. Even if we didn't get to kill the

Emperor

and

Malgus

they would find some other lame excuse to kill the leader of the Jedi / Supreme Chancellor.

And every time some character on the Empire side dies, devs should kill an important person on the Republic side too just so you can have your feeling of being even? Would you like some cookies with that too?

Get real & go away.

It's rather pointless discussing. Even if we didn't get to kill the

Emperor

and

Malgus

they would find some other lame excuse to kill the leader of the Jedi / Supreme Chancellor.

And every time some character on the Empire side dies, devs should kill an important person on the Republic side too just so you can have your feeling of being even? Would you like some cookies with that too?

Get real & go away.

It's not a question of being fair, it's just the fact that ***** needs a good lightsaber in the face

It's not a question of being fair, it's just the fact that ***** needs a good lightsaber in the face

I think they can make that an option when they allow us to kill Keeper, Quinn, Skadge, Gault, Jadus and his daughter, Darth Lachias (Okay, one class gets to do it, but I really wanted to do it on most of my Imp Side chaarcters too...also, I don't recall the spelling of her name :p), the droid on Black Talon, every Hutt we run into...

Ever since I saw that cinematic "Hope" with her blocking a lightsaber with her hand I've wanted my character (sith warrior) to put her head on spit.

And since we empire players are forced to kill Malgus in False Emperor. If given the option any half sane empire player would choose to help Malgus not kill him.

It's only fair we get kill Satele Shan too. How can you take the imperial iconic paragon character and leave the republic character completely intact. How is that fair? And it completely violates the theme of balance in the Star Wars.

So where's the flashpoint with players finally get to confront Satele Shan? I expect the flashpoint would have to play like a Malestorm prison to The foundry type of angle where repubes help her and imps kill her.

how is it fair?

tell ya what. Soon as Satele goes bat-sh crazy and either a) wants to wipe out all life or b) Creates her own faction with the goal of wiping out the other two. THEN you can kill her.

Till then. Your point is flawed.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with the post above.

One thing you have to keep in mind. When is everything fair? I mean the Imperials are known to slaughter themselves and their silly self-destruction on their side which surprisingly have them surviving the war so far.

And also not all leaders actually engage themselves in fights or engage a battle they know they will lose.

So I give chances to kill Satele Shan, maybe not. Chance to fight Satele I will give it a half-half and maybe she will escape or something like that. Can't tell.

the Sith lose.

Who cares.This is an mmo,and the Sith can't lose any time soon even if it was not.

Satale Shan needs to die an inglorious death.Either in a flash point or in a quest.Operation would be an overkill because she is not awesome enough.

Edited by Kaedusz

I would enjoy that too. She's too forgiving and lacks the courage to do all that is necessary to win.

"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them, and stab them in the heart."

-Ra's al Ghul

Yes ,I'm a Jedi too. Full disclosure, any non-player Jedi are morons.

• 1 year later...
1: Superman and Deadpool actually do meet that criteria even in a setting where superpowers are commonplace.

2: Well that's Yoda. I'll allow it with him.

3: Those unnamed sith danced through a bunch of force insensitives... in most cases that's what force users do (With the occaisonal exceptionally hardcore mundane standing toe to toe with 'em).

4: Good lord the woman has shatterpoint too?! >.<

I don't think you know what a Mary Sue is. It's basically someone who's perfect in every way. I would agree that sometimes she is over powered, but she doesn't quite fit into Mary Sue, with Malgus being able to kick her *** and with the fact that if she was, you wouldn't be needed in this war.