Can't Abandon Quests - This seriously needs to change

InsodusVanus

I'm not a completionist. I don't finish every quest line in the game. Once an area was green to me, I finished up the class quest and moved on.

I'm now 50 and I have 22 quests in my quest log that are grey and I can not abandon them.

This means I can't work on all 4 pvp dailies/weeklies at once. I can't work on all the Daily Commendation quests in a zone at once.

Effectivly, the only way to gear up at 50 is grindy crap like this, and I cant do them.

Ok, so I go back and try the Revanite quest line just to get rid of it. I'm 40 levels over the quest, I'm over an hour into it and still just running around...

THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE.

If you can't do it quickly, up the quest limit temporarily. Seriously, what is the gameplay effect you are trying to create by limiting to 25 anyway?

Edited by InsodusVanus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very easy to drop quests. The option is on the bottom of your quests log. Just click on the quest and select abandon. I do it constantly as I finish worlds.

Most of them I do. Some you can not, the abandon button is greyed out. Its a known bug that has been around since beta.

I have bonus quests that can no longer be completed that are stuck in my log forever because they refuse to allow me to abandon them. That's even far worse than the lowbie quests I have to waste time completing that have the abandon option greyed out. Edited by ColdLogic

Most of them I do. Some you can not, the abandon button is greyed out. Its a known bug that has been around since beta.

Weird, I have never run into it. Has BW acknowledged it is a bug or are there just certain quests they want us to finish for story purposes?

Can you just go do them to clear them out of the log?

If they're grey, I imagine they should be very easy to just finish up. Yes it's annoying, and I'm sure it will be fixed eventually, but in the meantime it seems like you should just do them to get room in your quest log?

If they're grey, I imagine they should be very easy to just finish up. Yes it's annoying, and I'm sure it will be fixed eventually, but in the meantime it seems like you should just do them to get room in your quest log?

That was part of my OP. I decided to do that, and I spent nearly 2 hours just to get 1 out of my log. I'm not about to spend 44 hours of questing for absolutely no reward other than opening my log.

I'm sure it would take some Dev at Bioware less than that amount of time just to put a hot-fix in to up the limit to 50 quests. Real simple solution so that people like me don't start unsubbing.

Ok, so I go back and try the Revanite quest line just to get rid of it. I'm 40 levels over the quest, I'm over an hour into it and still just running around...

I've come across this bug. You don't have to do the whole line. I was able to complete the one quest I couldn't abandon but then I was able to drop the next one I was given after completing it.

Some you can, but I have some stuck in my log which require entry into instanced areas that i can no longer enter because I completed the main quest.

I've come across this bug. You don't have to do the whole line. I was able to complete the one quest I couldn't abandon but then I was able to drop the next one I was given after completing it.

I might try that for a couple more, but the 2 I did try wouldn't let me abandon any of the entire chain.

Im lvl 46 and have done a TON of quests and i've only had this happen ONCE with a quest I grabbed off the station. I can't abandon it, so I just turn off the tracker and it sits in my quest log. Even if there were 20 quests in there I couldn't abandon, I almost never look in the quest log because all the info I need is tracked by the map and the info in the upper right corner.

So, for me, I don't understand why this is such a 5 alarm issue.

Im lvl 46 and have done a TON of quests and i've only had this happen ONCE with a quest I grabbed off the station. I can't abandon it, so I just turn off the tracker and it sits in my quest log. Even if there were 20 quests in there I couldn't abandon, I almost never look in the quest log because all the info I need is tracked by the map and the info in the upper right corner.

Someone had an experience different than yours? Unpossible!

When you hit 50 and you have 12 or so daily quests you have to do, you'll understand just how game-breaking it is to not be able to pick them up.

When you hit 50 and you have 12 or so daily quests you have to do, you'll understand just how game-breaking it is to not be able to pick them up.

I think having daily quests that you HAVE to do is far more game-breaking personally. That's why I stopped playing WoW.

On topic, I ran into this problem last night. I now have a greyed out quest to return to Nar Shaddaa that I can't remove. I can only imagine having 10 or so of these and being massively limited on the number of quests I can pick up.

im in the EXACT same position as the OP. i find it utterly annoying.... to the point where i dont bother with alot of Daily quests because i cant be bothered to do it 1 by 1. Others will say go and complete them.... but it will take me a WHOLE DAY to do the amount of quests i have.... they are scattered throughout many planets and will no doubt keep adding bonus quest.

Im even more annoyed that they havnt fixed this yet...

this was the other reason that I am taking a year break from SWTOR. that and the GM's responded to my ticket by not even addressing my problem with abandoning quests so I could get all my dailies at once. no they responded by telling me that they could replace the missing item from my inventory if I just told them what planet I was on and the item description??? I'll come back if I hear they get their act together... fanboys can flame now.

It is very easy to drop quests. The option is on the bottom of your quests log. Just click on the quest and select abandon. I do it constantly as I finish worlds.

Wrong.

Bonus quests cannot be abandoned, regardless of the button.

It just doesn't let.

This is a huge problem, I can't believe they didn't fix it with 1.1.

But of course, new buggy content is the most important thing. /rolls eyes.

Get on the *********** ball Bioware.

What I do is just finish up all the un-abandonable quests on the planet I'm on BEFORE I leave it. That way it's not too much time when viewed with the whole, and I still get at least a semi-reasonable reward from it.

what a weird compromise on performance on what should have been a more refined game.

what a weird compromise on performance on what should have been a more refined game.

Doing twoish quests before I get off the planet really isn't that big of a deal. But really, it was released early to be pushed out for Christmas so what do you expect? It's still awesome, and the quest thing is something they're obviously going to fix, but it's not exactly game breakingly serious like some other stuff.

Doing twoish quests before I get off the planet really isn't that big of a deal. But really, it was released early to be pushed out for Christmas so what do you expect? It's still awesome, and the quest thing is something they're obviously going to fix, but it's not exactly game breakingly serious like some other stuff.

I should not have to spend extra hours of time on VERY LITTLE reward just because of a bug in a game. keep paying for less than par product though. its the american way.