Petition to ban rage-quitters and "Disconnects" from pvp for a hour

Los_Coy

In which case almost no one will queue Huttball.

Since Huttball requires the most communication, skill and coordination I can see why most of the community wouldn't queue for it, on the other hand, that's all most people I play with would ever queue for.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

hehehe if they ban then they would have very few players left indeed , they can prevent people from rejoining at most.

Still i would not mind i mean , i play empire and im usually at ilum , will just farm reps for sometime.

Very bad idea for a new mmo that is teetering with many many bugs and game problems. If they implemented a deserter debuf they would lose the majority of their pvp base.

I would cancel my sub since i dont like wasting my time in a losing WZ when all i want to finish is the daily since im already past valor rank 60 and have limited game time with school.

Edited by OsirisZoran

**** you no. I'm going to leave games if I'm in a random pug versus some premade battlemaster/war hero line up. I hope more people leave in instances with them... and their experience is ruined. I love that in those instances premades believe we should stay and provide you fun at expense of our not having fun.

I've never quit a game, but I've disconnected (kicked to char select) a few times, and got stuck others.

I think we should get a surrender option or something. Being farmed for 14 minutes in huttball is just insulting. We should be able to vote as a team to give in and move onto the next wz.

I've never quit a game, but I've disconnected (kicked to char select) a few times, and got stuck others.

I think we should get a surrender option or something. Being farmed for 14 minutes in huttball is just insulting. We should be able to vote as a team to give in and move onto the next wz.

Agree. Haha, but then you'd have us voting to end it and move on over and over whenever we saw a premade or battlemaster sided team. I love it!

it already takes a considerable amount of time for pvp games to pop. adding a deserter timer means it is going to take even longer since no one is going to stay in a losing match if they dont need valor (60+) and just wins or they dont want to be farmed by a premade.

Being farmed for 14 minutes in huttball is just insulting.

While I don't think this is "the" major reason people leave, they leave because there isn't any penalty, it is something that needs to be addressed. They probably need to give a few premades a 1 or 2 day vacation from the game when this happens. Of course, they'd have to police their game but I'd like to think they could look at games and see where it was 5-0 after 5 minutes, never made it to 6, and it was the same team doing it over and over.

No and not because I support rage quitting or think it is fine.

Just some things that have happened to me

- Charge someone and get stuck in a loop of falling through the map, dying, res, falling, dying

- Stunned in the spawning area, can't move

- Release after death and nothing happens

- Stuck on loading screen long enough to get booted from the match

- Can't get off speeder, die, loading screen, booted

- Join wz get booted to character selct screen

It will punish a lot of rage quitters which derserve it as well as a lot of people who play enough matches to see what bugged **** the warzones can be.

That particular issue has happened to me on a number of occasions. It's always while I'm channeling/interacting with something before death. However, I've never seen it persist after I click anywhere else on the screen then release again. May or may not be the same issue, but if it is the same, then that's a possible solution for it.

As to the actual topic I disagree with the duration but wouldn't mind a debuff. Honestly though I'd keep it at about 5-10 at most. I've been in situations where players have left then rejoined, left, rejoined, left, etc. You would think they'd have enough sense to wait a bit before re-queuing. Otherwise I prefer them to leave. A player that wants to leave but is forced to stay is unlikely to bother helping the team anyway. Good riddance I say. I just don't want them to keep eating that spot in the queue.

People are going to take the shortest route through a grind, dailies can be a grind, and after 5 terrible teams in a row I'm going to /ragequit until I get a win so I can do something else with my time.

Once the rest of my guild hits 50 we'll do premades ftw because it's a faster and more fun to win. I do all the ******** needed to get to the FUN part of the game as fast and efficiently as possible.

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

sorry how can you say ban rage quiters when they are proberly quiting due to lack of pvp balance and stupidly broken class's items and bugs and exploits,

people have more than enough rights to leave when you got a bunch of player running around abusing broken builds and class and exploiting and abusing bugs.

so how dare you even come into these forums threatening you want the players banned for leaving because you cant abuse your broken crap on them.

I personally think a 'deserter debuff' is a must, for any hope of stability in these warzones.

As it sits, people have zero incentive to stick with a match if they recognize an opponent name/group/guild etc..

By the time the game refills those spots, the opposition already has a leg up on the objective which is near impossible to recover from (multiple goals, doors, turrets).

If a person knows they can't simply leave and re-Q for another match, because they have a 15 minute debuff on them, they're more inclined to stick around and get what valor/xp/credits they can.

I'd take it a step farther even. If you are detected as 'deserting' multiple times inside an hour, bump up the 15 minutes to 45. Their needs to be some incentive, either negative or positive, for people to stick out a round fully.

Now, that said:

This would have to be dependent on having some functional ability to actually reconnect to a WZ on a legitimate disconnect. Because people with a shaky connection/computer certainly shouldn't have to suffer the debuff as a result of what they can't control.

But yeah, there is more to gain from a deserter debuff than there is to lose. (And I don't say that lightly, because I'd rather eat broken glass than stand around, permanently CC'd, in a match of Huttball.)

I personally think a 'deserter debuff' is a must, for any hope of stability in these warzones.

As it sits, people have zero incentive to stick with a match if they recognize an opponent name/group/guild etc..

By the time the game refills those spots, the opposition already has a leg up on the objective which is near impossible to recover from (multiple goals, doors, turrets).

If a person knows they can't simply leave and re-Q for another match, because they have a 15 minute debuff on them, they're more inclined to stick around and get what valor/xp/credits they can.

I'd take it a step farther even. If you are detected as 'deserting' multiple times inside an hour, bump up the 15 minutes to 45. Their needs to be some incentive, either negative or positive, for people to stick out a round fully.

Now, that said:

This would have to be dependent on having some functional ability to actually reconnect to a WZ on a legitimate disconnect. Because people with a shaky connection/computer certainly shouldn't have to suffer the debuff as a result of what they can't control.

But yeah, there is more to gain from a deserter debuff than there is to lose. (And I don't say that lightly, because I'd rather eat broken glass than stand around, permanently CC'd, in a match of Huttball.)

like i said. Do that and people will just stop playing and you'll have no one left to pvp. You people go to such extremes and dont realize this is a GAME. ITS A GAME. you dont get a deserter debuff for quitting out of any FPS shooter game on the Bro Box 360 or any other FPS related shooter on PC.

But if you want to kill a new MMO thats the right way to do it. (btw it took a long time before wow put in a deserter debuff when they had millions of subs and cross server bgs)

Other games have a lockout debuf for dropping a queue based group. A trivial penalty for dropping a match say 5 minutes will act as a minor incentive to keep people in the match, after all the match will probably take less than that 5 minutes to finish.

So what if you're loosing. You can still have some good fights. What would happen if the Alamo had said, you know this Mexican team is just steamrolling us. Let's go home and queue up for the next war.

Well that'd be fine and all. Except there are other reasons why people "leave" warzones.

Bug that forces your character to lay on the ground after respawn. /stuck does not fix it. You inevitably get booted from the warzone from deserter status, although there was nothing you could do.

Bug that causes the game to crash to desktop. How would you feel if you entered a warzone and crashed to no fault of your own, your internet's, or your computer's, and yet you had to wait an hour to be able to queue again?

Then there are more trivial reasons, such as groups who queued and someone missed the queue or accidentally declined, etc.

Just have to keep those things in mind as well. The first two reasons, mainly.

Now, that said:

Why do people care that much if people leave? I leave when we are getting dominated. I don't mind losing, but I like matches to be evenly matched in order to be fun. You'll still get your valor if people lose.

Putting a deserter debuff will just make people more frustrated with pvp, any hardly gives any benefit. Staying in match where you're getting destroyed is pointless and not enjoyable.

How about petition to ban players who go off on their own and contribute nothing?

How about petition to ban leaders who do not mark?

If I am under a time crunch and I want to get my dailies or weeklies done, I will leave when ever I deem that you are so bad, that no matter how well I play, I can not compensate for your inability to be effective.

How about they just give us the option of which warzones we want to queue for?

In which case almost no one will queue Huttball.

This is a problem but not the problem that is being discussed.

If I don't like or want to play Huttball I will leave immediately not after our team goes down a goal or two. Once I start playing I take it to the end however bitter that might be.

What happens is now we have a pile of BM's that don't need valor. All they need are the 3 wins for the daily so as soon as they feel like they won't win they bail out.

There is no easy answer. People will just say that they just lost internet access....This used to happen all the time in POTBS where some guy is getting wiped and all of a sudden you see the disconnected icon on their toon.