Don't ding 50! The pvp is much better 10-49.

Evuke

Seriously when you hit 49 just stop leveling, stop questing, stop doing flashpoints and quit warzones just before they end, this way you can stay 49 forever.

Why you don't want to ding 50:

- Ilum is terrible

- Warzone queues take ages to pop.

- Kids in full bm/champ gear run around nearly invincible farming new 50's thinking that their op expertise gear=skill.

- You don't have to worry about stupid fail rng bags.

- You will be the king of the 10-49 bracket.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously when you hit 49 just stop leveling, stop questing, stop doing flashpoints and quit warzones just before they end, this way you can stay 49 forever.

- Ilum is terrible

- Kids in full bm/champ gear run around nearly invincible farming new 50's thinking that their op expertise gear=skill.

Sadly, this is very accurate. As a 50 in nearly full champ gear, if I could turn off leveling on alts I would totally do this. Expertise simply provides way too much advantage with no entry level gear to bridge the gap. Even 2v1 fresh 50's are just free kills.

- Ilum is terrible

spoken by someone who can only enjoy having a huge advantage

then you get nothing - no point in doing warzones lol

Actually there is a point, you faceroll people easily which is indeed fun (does get boring after a while though). Twinking is extremely fun and I get even more thrilled when owning another Twinker noob.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Actually there is a point, you faceroll people easily which is indeed fun (does get boring after a while though). Twinking is extremely fun and I get even more thrilled when owning another Twinker noob.

Which roughly translates into - I can't cut it at 50.

then you get nothing - no point in doing warzones lol

For fun? Are you that close minded, really? Some people care more about the experience than the shiny number reward.

Expertise does provide a large advantage and with no starting expertise gear from commendations it can be unfair for brand new 50s.

- Ilum is terrible

I know what you mean, but thats only because bolster does jack to the lvl 10's who are fighting you.

I love how every newb thinks that expertise is the reason they cant beat someone.

Expertise has NOTHING to do with why you lose, NOTHING.

Let me repeat for you, EXPERTISE has NOTHING to do with why you lose.

If you go up against a full champ geared player and lose because he hit you harder fine you lost to gear. You will die just as fast if said person was in full Columi(sp?) gear. Justs as fast and while you may hit harder he has more health. Clearly its not expertise, its gear, this is a modern MMO and gear progression happens.

Edited by Fierystrike

Or leave it as is because it motivates people to get expertise gear which isn't difficult to get.

thank you

take the time to gear up and you will like it too.

most these people that complain are solo queuers that try and charge headfirst into a premade group of 4 with one or two pugs then claim "gear!" when they lose.

get some friends/guildies and queue up and beat people with gear

add craftable expertise mods to give new 50s a step up and be more competitive. don't make it as good as the uber gear but make it better than whatever you have from 40s.

OR, and you know this is already in game, you can go farm the dailies for lvl 50 mods and enhancements, use the commendations to get the hilts, armoring, and barrels, and guess what you can compete just fine, why because its NOT EXPERTISE but just gear.

can't compete? don't like challenges and people that know their class? be king lowbie!

lame

LOL 90% of the BM geared people I've fought couldn't PvP their way out of a wet nap. The only thing they have is the gear. It's always funny watching someone talk **** when my under geared tank (ie I am wearing a dancer outfit in PvP) railroads their full BM geared character, then of course when they and their friends come along they feel like talking smack when I killed them again in the group of their friends.

One mouthy one I fought several times now he's died every time, then of course had a tracer missile hero that me and a group laughed at cause I straight up said we could plain ignore him and everyone was like, yep.

Adding expertise just removed skill, and was just a dumb idea of a square peg in a round hole solution. Instead of coming up with a real solution for potential gear problems that raid gear might present and left the game unbracketed and some what fun, they opted to add expertise which, against equal geared people does nothing except overpower heals, and against people who don't have PvP gear pretty much means they will get curb stomped and generally have a not very fun time because it will be like running smack into a brick wall. Of course, people with the gear will call it skill.

Edited by Silverspar

Two things.

One, right now the main people in the level 50 bracket are people who know how to play, because the bad players give up and make forum threads instead. So yes, you are going to have trouble in the 50 bracket if you don't do very well without an extreme advantage over 90% of the other players.

Two, as the game grows, more people play, and more people get a character to level 50, there will be more and more variety in player skill and gear in the level 50 bracket, and it will be fine. The main players right now are people who were able to level quickly, efficiently, and know their class. You can't expect a bunch of newbies you can stomp to have level 50s this soon. Most people are leveling multiple characters due to the great story experience, and the number of 50s right now is small.

Basically: Learn your class and give it time.

Two things.

One, right now the main people in the level 50 bracket are people who know how to play, because the bad players give up and make forum threads instead. So yes, you are going to have trouble in the 50 bracket if you don't do very well without an extreme advantage over 90% of the other players.

Buahahaha. No. Please, stop trying. The gear removed the skill, so really, stop trying.

Two, as the game grows, more people play, and more people get a character to level 50, there will be more and more variety in player skill and gear in the level 50 bracket, and it will be fine. The main players right now are people who were able to level quickly, efficiently, and know their class. You can't expect a bunch of newbies you can stomp to have level 50s this soon. Most people are leveling multiple characters due to the great story experience, and the number of 50s right now is small.

Basically: Learn your class and give it time.

Uh, no again. Most of us that enjoy to PvP love the pre expertise talentless game that is level 50. Because it actually takes more skill to fight against people who aren't decked out and make up some excuse of "L2P" versus gear non-sense lies that people like to come up with. Furthermore, most of the geared 50s I've come across their only saving grace was they had the gear. This isn't an L2P issue at all, this is just a bunch of talentless, skilless nubs pretending they are the bees knees because fate smiled on them and gave them easy to get gear. But hey, keep claiming geared people have skill.