Best Companion for a Sith Juggernaut?

Darth-Datra

Vette > Jaesa, at the end of the day, because she is ranged. Her time to target is faster, and she takes less damage, unless you let more than one mob get to her.

That said;

Packs of mobs = Vette

Single mob that has no knockback or ground AE = Jaesa (if it does have either/both of those, Vette)

Anything and everything = you can't go wrong using Quinn (regardless of your spec), just know that you will go slower.

As someone else said, Pierce/Broonmark are more for Marauders, though you can gear them as dps if you want.

Riôt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pretty much get away with using whoever you want if you do it right. I used Jaesa, maybe not the best choice for Rage Jugg but she was fun and was easy to sway affection with conversation choices. I just had to make sure i managed threat level and there was no problem at all. Quinn was good, but i just found it all a bit slooooooowUsing Jaesa is just faster, even after healing i still found it faster than if i'd used Quinn and moved straight on without healing. That said, i think Quinn is probably better if you're L50 and often short a man in a group. Jaesa's survivability would be a hassle there. But hey, use whoever you want. Your play style will adjust if you like the character anyway, and let's be honest....pre-L50 isn't so hard that companion selection should be an issue too often. :wea_03:

• 9 months later...
Vette is great for decent DPS in the early levels (10-20) but I find Malavi far more useful for solo content. I like running through mobs with zero downtime (hated patching myself up in WoW as a Warriror), so it only makes sense to keep him til you get the murder swedish machine that is Jaesa. Malavi is easy mode, but its comfortable easy.

Well geared Jaesa is a very solid companion, I solo'ed stuff 2+ levels higher all the way through with her once I got her...and if you turn her AoE off she won't aggro stuff that she shouldn't be drawing aggro against.

With Jaesa geared to level with orange gear and current mods...she would take out 1-2 mobs while I killed an Elite and another mob. If it was a really strong elite, she would finish in time to help me finish off the Gold Elites.

I'm tank spec now @ 50, but whilst leveling went for DPS with Quinn as companion.

However, now in tank mode (full BH aug'd), I use Jaesa as main companion (mixture of Columi/Rakata/BH gear so not bad ;)) and now we just wade thru pretty much anything so much faster.

i donno about yall, but my lvl38 Veng jugg melts mobs like a hot knife in butter using Jaesa (shes got current level blues and oranges). shes a complete savage. even fighting elites my jugg never falls below 40% health becuase she does a very decent ammount of damage in comparison to myself.

to put it in perspective, i bought gear for quinn, all lvl 38 blues, jus tto test down time. i was getting through 3-4 packs, healing inbetween the whole time with jaesa. quin i was getting through 2. 3 packs if i ws lucky in that same time frame.

IMO the only DPS companion better than Jaesa in the game is Nadia (damn sages =[ ) or perhaps temple.

Tank Spec / Gear: Vette

DPS: Vette or Quinn

Since Jaesa is melee dps, Vette is widly considered to be a better dps than Jaesa. Apart from the obviuos benefits of ranged dps, from level 50 on there is also the possibilty to regularily intercede Vette and Force Charge back to the target, which, dependig on your gear and talents might be golden.

Also, Vette is pure awesome.

I play a dps jugg and I use Jaesa for leveling, I've had no trouble yet so far. Sure I'm not staying around full health and topped off and I do come around the 30% mark on some gold mobs, but we kill things so fast together. Plus shes my apprentice and shes the only one that knows I'm a light side sith :D

just a little hint.. if you bring a comp only because you want affection with them all you have to do is have them with you for the conversations.. after that you can pull out quinn for the heals or whatever comp you think does a better job.. they do not need stick around while you're completing the objectives.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Quinn. I usually don't run around with a companion for solo content, so I've gotten used to taking on elites by myself, and normal mobs are just combo exercise. But with Quinn I can solo champions without issue - no other companion can provide me with necessary staying power to do that. He also makes 2+ missions easily soloable and hassle-free, which is nice.

imho, it's situational.

when you're breezing through, extra damage to speed things up is nice so Jaessa and Vette come along.

then, there's times (usually when I should be thinking about a gear upgrade) when you need the services of a healer.

In that instance, Treek has become my Go To dude. Quinn, while useful, irritates the crap out of me.

Vette's comic relief and Jaessa's enthusiasm for bloodshed bring a routine chuckle.

• 2 months later...

I finally purchased Treek and she is great. I got her on my Assassin and I will now to the legacy thing to get her for my Juggernaut because they will not let me kill Quinn or flush him out of an airlock. I hate Quinn. I really do. And the fact that he is lingering around on my bridge annoys me to no end.

Treek has a clear advantage as a healer because she wears heavy armor. I doubt that she heals any better than Quinn but she survives longer and that is what is important in a healer. Once you get her it should be an option to release Quinn but sadly it is not.

I still like Jaesa for DPS. I plan to get the HK-51 just because he look cool and I will use him from time to time but I think I will use Jaesa for DPS.

I do want to compare Jaesa's DPS to the HK. Has anyone done this? Anyone prefer the HK over Jaesa?

I'm a lvl 44 Immortal Jug and I can say that I use Jaesa almost 90% of the time. The only other character I really use is Quinn and not very often. Jaesa kills enemies so fast while I take the beating giving her the time to mop up. I'm sure others have different opinions but this is just what I use and it works great for me. :)

I"m a returning player and I just turned 55 myself. Haven't really put much into my companions. My question, which one would you prefer, doing content on Orion. I'm struggling here myself. so I really want to pick one and stick with it for a while. I've preferred Quinn in the past. Is it just a preference kind of thing? Advice welcome!

I"m a returning player and I just turned 55 myself. Haven't really put much into my companions. My question, which one would you prefer, doing content on Orion. I'm struggling here myself. so I really want to pick one and stick with it for a while. I've preferred Quinn in the past. Is it just a preference kind of thing? Advice welcome!

I like Treek over Quinn for so many reasons but the main one is that she wears heavy armor. So even as a tank she can off-tank OR she can be a healer. If you have to fight 2 or more elites she makes a great off-tank while you kill the other elite. I would look at your armor and hers and whoever has the most HP and highest armor value let them take the strongest or the larger group and then mop up the weaker ones.

But Treek is expensive. Quinn is a bit squishy. I do not think Treeks heals are any better than Quinns but it is easier to keep her alive.

Anyone has any info on the HK? How is it as a tank? How is it at DPS?

• 1 year later...

If you use any other companion besides Jaesa Willsam, go give your head a shake. Submerge it in a toilet and flush a few times.

The sith warrior experience is incomplete without Jaesa. She should be the only one you ever use. Period.

If the fail developers kill her off in the upcoming expansion, there will be hell to pay.

If you use any other companion besides Jaesa Willsam, go give your head a shake. Submerge it in a toilet and flush a few times.

The sith warrior experience is incomplete without Jaesa. She should be the only one you ever use. Period.

If the fail developers kill her off in the upcoming expansion, there will be hell to pay.

This. So much this.

Jugg = Jaesa

Mara = Treek or Quinn. (Maras are too squishy and needs constant healing ^^)