SWTOR: A single player game with 3 maps

ratempa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason anybody does heroics is for the moddable orange drops.

Why do people thinkt they speak for everyone? I have friends, we play heroics and group content for fun. Myabe you don't that's why you don't enjoy that content, i don' t know.

Repeat, we play for fun not special snowflake ribbons.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

"Why would anyone give a crap about it if you're not playing*?"

I agree with your point for the guy as an individual, but if we start getting thousands* going (even if they dont post) its the start of the death of SWTOR.

The percentage of the people that visit the forums is less than 1% so good luck with that. You need to wake up.

So why am I seeing people posting on here about WoW being better because of all it's features and what not? It's been out for over 6 years, SW:TOR's been out for just a little bit over a month... IMO the LFD tool is annoying because it gets rid of the actual player incentive to find a group for a specific dungeon. Players should be the ones forming the group, not having the game do it for them. Are people really that lazy that they can't just advertise in the fleet looking for people? It's annoying that people shun the game because of their stupid assumptions and laziness.

It absolutely amazes me that every day on these forums, there is nothing but "I quit" posts, and yet all these people who supposedly quit this game are on these forums making posts every waking hour of the day. Ok, you quit and you hate the game. That's cool and it's your opinion. Hey I even agree with you on a lot of things, but why on earth would you still be on the forums, complaining about a game that you don't even play because it's awful? Why are you not playing a different game/going back to WoW. It just seems like an awful lot of wasted time for the people who are still posting here to complain about a game they aren't even playing nor have any intention of ever playing again. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not flaming, I'm not defending SWTOR because in it's current state it's very mediocre and needs to be improved upon in many ways. It just boggles my mind, plain and simple.

If I didn't play this game anymore, and unsubscribed -- I sure as hell would not be trolling the game's forums and continuing to complain about it. I'd be finding something to do with my time, like playing a game I actually enjoy.

It absolutely amazes me that every day on these forums, there is nothing but "I quit" posts, and yet all these people who supposedly quit this game are on these forums making posts every waking hour of the day. .

This is what they choose to do with their life instead of enjoying it. Says something about them doesn't it.

It absolutely amazes me that every day on these forums, there is nothing but "I quit" posts, and yet all these people who supposedly quit this game are on these forums making posts every waking hour of the day. Ok, you quit and you hate the game. That's cool and it's your opinion. Hey I even agree with you on a lot of things, but why on earth would you still be on the forums, complaining about a game that you don't even play because it's awful? Why are you not playing a different game/going back to WoW. It just seems like an awful lot of wasted time for the people who are still posting here to complain about a game they aren't even playing nor have any intention of ever playing again. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not flaming, I'm not defending SWTOR because in it's current state it's very mediocre and needs to be improved upon in many ways. It just boggles my mind, plain and simple.

If I didn't play this game anymore, and unsubscribed -- I sure as hell would not be trolling the game's forums and continuing to complain about it. I'd be finding something to do with my time, like playing a game I actually enjoy.

Unsubscribing still leaves you until your paid time expires. Might as well get some kind of use from the money they paid.

Edited by Zorvan

Well it's starting to bother me, I have a 50 marauder, 48 Trooper, and a 35 Operative, and like you was forced to skip most Heroic content due to the time it takes to find groups after the first 2 weeks. The mere fact there is so much of it has brought me to a point where I no longer want to skip it, yes I enjoy the class quests but rather than redoing all the generic quests over & over on each different character I thought it would be nice to mix the class quests up with some heroic content.

This is not a single player game & nor is it single player friendly, only the class & generic quest can be done single player. That leaves alot of content missed out on if you are so inclined to play solo. To say i'm dissapointed would be an understatement.

I never understood why WoW dumped group quests in cataclysm, but I guess lots of ppl do have issues finding groups, be it server pop, playing time, or whatever. I thought they were a blast pre-cataclysm and think they are great fun in swtor. never takes long to find ppl..

I don't know why but in every MMO I have played people just choose to solo the content. I see people doing it all the time in SWtOR as well. It takes some time to get a group together and I always get a ton of people saying in chat " I soloed that at such at such a level". I have noted in other games that the big complaint was the lack of solo content. I am glad we have choices in this game. I group because its fun not because its necessary.Anyone can solo anything once they are over the level or gear recomendations. I soloed Hogger in a nother single player game.

I guarantee you BW and EA care much more about the people NOT playing the game then they do the ones already giving them $15 a month.

I doubt they really want paying customers who stand at the store entrance badmouthing their product to other customers and potential customers as they walk in.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but the majority of what is posted on here is anything but, and if I were a business owner, I would ask you to leave and never return, I do not want your kind of business.

It absolutely amazes me that every day on these forums, there is nothing but "I quit" posts, and yet all these people who supposedly quit this game are on these forums making posts every waking hour of the day.

Just because I'm not resubscribing doesn't mean I don't like the game. The game simply doesn't have the things I want before I continue to subscribe. I'd like to let BW know what those things are. If the only feedback that was ever allowed on the forum was "OMG BW You ROCK!!!" the game wouldn't have much of a chance in the way of continuous improvement.

I doubt they really want paying customers who stand at the store entrance badmouthing their product to other customers and potential customers as they walk in.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but the majority of what is posted on here is anything but, and if I were a business owner, I would ask you to leave and never return, I do not want your kind of business.

A business run that way wouldn't be very successful. /shrug

Edited by Nozybidaj

Just because I'm not resubscribing doesn't mean I don't like the game. The game simply doesn't have the things I want before I continue to subscribe. I'd like to let BW know what those things are. If the only feedback that was ever allowed on the forum was "OMG BW You ROCK!!!" the game wouldn't have much of a chance in the way of continuous improvement.

He probaby isn't referring to you but more the people you say day in day out 8 hours a day complaining.

i have paid until the 21st of february, therefore i can use the forums and voice my opinion

nothing wrong with it. Beside that im at work and cant really play anything.

If we would all be happy and enjoying the game and not writing critism here, why would the devs care to patch things ?

All people would pay their 15 bucks and we would live in happy happy wonderland ...

Edited by SwordoftheStars

I don't get it. I haven't played alot of MMO's: SWG, WOW and Runes of Magic, but in all games I played solo mostly. Questing, grinding, that sort of stuff, all solo.

Only when doing difficult dungeons or pvp I played in a group. Same goes for SWTOR. As a matter of fact, I haven't played in a group as much as I have in SWTOR, for the heroics, pvp, and so on.

So I think your complaint is more focussed on MMO's in general.

A business run that way wouldn't be very successful. /shrug

As opposed to a business that has a customer that pays a fee and works feverishly to cause them to lose many fees? I havent been in school for a while but 1 fee is less than multiple fees.

I don't get it. I haven't played alot of MMO's: SWG, WOW and Runes of Magic, but in all games I played solo mostly. Questing, grinding, that sort of stuff, all solo.

Only when doing difficult dungeons or pvp I played in a group. Same goes for SWTOR. As a matter of fact, I haven't played in a group as much as I have in SWTOR, for the heroics, pvp, and so on.

So I think your complaint is more focussed on MMO's in general.

I've grouped in this game more than any since EQ1. I'm on a heavy server and in a big guild so i guess that helps but the content is there is you want to play it.

No, I think he meant more along the lines of don't try to tell people what they can or can't post when you aren't nobody important to start with.

That was only part of his meaning, his opinion of those that moderate the forums is clear through the wording of his post as well.

i have paid until the 21st of february, therefore i can use the forums and voice my opinion

nothing wrong with it. Beside that im at work and cant really play anything.

If we would all be happy and enjoying the game and not writing critism here, why would the devs care to patch things ?

All people would pay their 15 bucks and we would live in happy happy wonderland ...

Don't try to hide behind the logic that you're doing all this complaining just to motivate the developers to do a better job, one look at your post history should tell people that you enjoy it. Your boss should be a bit concerned with the frequency of your posting, seeing as you're at work.

Edited by Runeshard

Hard not to agree with the OP.

The storylines are great, but there is alot of stuff that there is no reason for not working, being implemented or working how it is.

No combat log? That is the basic of basic.

Um, you're not paying $15 a month for existing content, you're paying $15 a month to keep the entire Dev staff employed to make more content, fix bugs, add combat logs, etc. Come march you'll have payed $45 for the second major content patch.

So if thats correct then those are very healthy numbers to build on, half a million was profitable, double that is good news, I'd say.

I'd wait with such a statement once 3 months have past (after the free month) to make a solid statement.

Personally I think the game will tank if they don't move fast - at least when it comes to pvp. PvP has actually not evolved but seems to be from 2007. And if Ilum is an indicator there won't be anything good coming anytime soon (a new WZ...people crave open world fights).

PvE, however, seems to be pretty solid and in a good shape.