SWTOR: A single player game with 3 maps

ratempa

WoW fanboys... please...

I dont care if swtor loose some players, i will play it. lol will be always people playing that enjoy a good mmo.

Has nothing to do with being a WoW fanboy but rather proving a point that MMOs generally don't flood the game with ridiculous amounts of maps that FPS games tend to do.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you fail to note the myriad of heroic group quests along the way?

Seriously, it's not because the game has only three warzones at this moment (which seems to be a rather standard amount at launch) and doesn't really do well in the open pvp department, that you can just spout nonsense over the rest of the game.

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

yes because every single player game has a bunch of servers holding millions of players on and and have groups of dev teams puting out huge patches every month to fix the game and add new free content yeah sure bud $15 aint needed

All the warzones are stripped down and look quickly done. Wheres my immersion and epic setting. Hutball is a box with no crowd when its clearly designed to be a big colliseum. It has some announcers and a gangster hut piped in who I cant even see.

Voidstar again is a box with three nearly identical rooms. Almost impossible to cap without cheesing the respawn gate rng because they made it straight hallways with no backdoors or alternate routes to defend. It could have been a great 60 man pvp sandbox map if it were an actual battleship with a bridge, engine room etc, with tiered objectives in interesting enviroments with varied obstacles/mechanics that led to a spectacular cinematic climax.

Alderaan is usually boring and the design is so lazy that an entire AC, the sniper/gunslinger is rendered useless by LOS at the side nodes. Most of the powerups are inaccessable at the side nodes as well unless your wandering off for no reason. The insta speeders with 8 second caps make it one sided too often as well. I usually see half of either team leaving the warzone after one side caps two nodes in the first minute. The enviroment is a little better on this one though, the map could be opened up more to make it feel more inclusive of the whole area instead of three sub parts. The spawn camping at mid gets stupid sometimes and breaks immersion but thats a by-product the entire insta speeder respawn concept.

If they add another I'd like to see tatooine. Maybe something like fighting between gangster yahts and speeders over top of the sarlaac. How about a mechanic like dudes that get knocked off and eaten are spit out in random directions at set intervals.

Something like the opening sequence of episode 3 in the films would be cool as well. A crashing ship perhaps with space junk and ship combat going on in the sky around you.

Edited by Rotm

• 1 month later...
First off, virtually every MMO released since WoW can be played "solo" until you reach end game. To say that that is a flaw in SWTOR is to either be ignorant or to hate MMOs altogether. Second of all, there IS a grouping function. Sure it could use some work, but it does exist. Finally, you're paying for quite a bit more than warzones. If you go out and buy a game that only incidentally deals with pvp and then you complain about the lack of pvp, well, that would be a YOU problem.

What makes your post even worse is your comparison to WoW. In Vanilla WoW for almost a year there were zero BGs. Even at the and of vanilla there were only three. And since you're whining about not being able to immediately summon 3 NPCs from other servers to clear FPs for you I can only assume that you are referring to the dumpster fire LFD tool from WoW.

Adios man. Although I doubt you will be missed.

the solo is way way too much of the content though is the problem people on pvp servers feel boned because of so much segregation theirs 0 diff between pvp and a norm server and its like that everywhere this place is more segregated than the south in the 1940's

WORLD PVP WRITTEN OUT OF THE GAME

-lower levels will NEVER see each other except in warzones

(It makes no sense why this was made this way)

-faction only planets. (Horrible idea)

-Ilum pushed to the extreme back burner

-No world objectives

-No global warnings if you attack a enemy town.

POOR CLASS BALANCE

-Nerfs are nonsensical

-lots of utility for some, none for others.

-everyone being able to do similar damage while giving only some of those classes survivability and utility.

-Because of the horrid imbalances.. It's hard to get excited in a pvp match because you know.. there is NO way to beat certain classes.

-Rated will only make this worse.

CLASS BASED WARZONES

-Huttball is one of the biggest jokes in a pvp game. Soo class dependant. Sure you can still win if they are bad, but it's a uphill fight.

-Bad match making happens way too much because of low server populations

-having matches without a healer because of match making = lose in maps like voidstar

-Rated will only make this worse.

LOW SERVER POPULATIONS

-finding a group for flashpoints is impossible. I have two level 50's and Never ran a flashpoint until level 50.

-World PVP is none existent

-No LFG tool. Really? This is a rookie mistake. this should have been in BETA.

RESOLVE SYSTEM IS BAD

-No diminishing returns on snare

-roots ARE CC to melee, but it doesn't effect resolve

-No feedback on the topic of PVP.

-CC Stacking abilities.. EX: knockback + Root = Bad idea.

-Waaaaay too much CC. People spam them because they are too plentiful.

-Resolve drains too fast. 6 sec is nothing in a fight. It shouldn't drain while you are in combat.

ROLLER COASTER SPACE COMBAT

(You had two know this was a crappy idea)

-No one likes flying on rails.

-No multiplayer space combat. .. But then again how boring would it be for two people to be in the same roller coaster.

BAD CS

-Getting generic responses that don't even fit the question asked is insulting.