SWTOR: A single player game with 3 maps

ratempa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I see this post, it baffles me....

How is this not an MMO? I see people, I chat with people, I group with people, I trade with people...all in real time.....its an MMO.

It's because many people are playing this like a single player game and then come to the forums and complain it is not a MMO because they are not spoon fed friends/chat/groups. ;p

There is nothing about this game that says I need to pay $15 a month in addition to what I already paid by purchasing the game. The story lines are good, but it's designed with a single player in mind. Essentially it's a single player game with 3 multiplayer maps.

You & I must not be playing the same game, i've never played such an rpgmmo that is so "group" heavy on content in over a decade. Heroic quests are a *****, these days there are very few groups running them unlike the 1st week and adding them to a LFG system will be fubar as people will need to sit around for 30min plus waiting for their group to pop. Just tried soloing a heroic 2+ died nearly every pull as my class has no CC, but at least I could down 1 mob and come back to face 2 instead of 3.

If anything Swtor is the least friendly solo player game I have played in a while, considering they touted themselves as the solo players friend you might say "i'm not happy Jan."

It's because many people are playing this like a single player game and then come to the forums and complain it is not a MMO because they are not spoon fed friends/chat/groups. ;p

But somehow WoW is this amazing open world Full of Life and grouping MMO that you group in all the time to level up....lol.

If they can keep a million for a year that would be great for them. But if they lost half their potential customers before they even began the 30 day trail period that doesn't bode well.

BW gets $30 a box at most, at 2.1m units that's $60m. They've also stated they spent around $200m on the game, EA-Louse ( disgruntled insider ) claimed they spent 300m.

$30 a box is high and $200m could be low, but we'll use those numbers, and that leaves BW $140m in the hole.

Industry guesstimates I've read put the magic break even number at 300k - 500k subs. That's what it takes to maintain servers, bandwidth, CS and billing. This is after Lucas takes their share which from my understanding is 1/3 of the revenue from subs.

Well say they break even at 300k. And lets say they maintain 500k subs over the long run. 200k subs goes to profit and after LA takes it's third that gives BW $2m a month profit. At that rate it will take them 70 months to pay off the initial investment. Almost 6 years.

um to be profitable you have to pay off your investment debts so no at 300k you are paying everything off and the 200k is giveing you pure profits. and in the interview that the 500k numbercame from they said 500k would be very sucsessful not breaking even or just making a profit.

You & I must not be playing the same game, i've never played such an rpgmmo that is so "group" heavy on content in over a decade. Heroic quests are a *****, these days there are very few groups running them unlike the 1st week and adding them to a LFG system will be fubar as people will need to sit around for 30min plus waiting for their group to pop. Just tried soloing a heroic 2+ died nearly every pull as my class has no CC, but at least I could down 1 mob and come back to face 2 instead of 3.

If anything Swtor is the least friendly solo player game I have played in a while, considering they touted themselves as the solo players friend you might say "i'm not happy Jan."

You do realize that all heroic Content is optional and you can level all the way to 50 without doing any of them, right?

You do realize that all heroic Content is optional and you can level all the way to 50 without doing any of them, right?

Of course it's optional but who wants to skip content, and theres a heck of a lot of it (heroic quests). Then theres the gear upgrades, if I was to skip it then whats the point in playing?

Of course it's optional but who wants to skip content, and theres a heck of a lot of it (heroic quests). Then theres the gear upgrades, if I was to skip it then whats the point in playing?

To enjoy the story, to play a character you enjoy playing?

I've hardly done any heroic content...If I want to group, I go find a Flashpoint or join a warzone. Skipping Heroic content doesn't bother me too much.

First off, virtually every MMO released since WoW can be played "solo" until you reach end game. To say that that is a flaw in SWTOR is to either be ignorant or to hate MMOs altogether. Second of all, there IS a grouping function. Sure it could use some work, but it does exist. Finally, you're paying for quite a bit more than warzones. If you go out and buy a game that only incidentally deals with pvp and then you complain about the lack of pvp, well, that would be a YOU problem.

What makes your post even worse is your comparison to WoW. In Vanilla WoW for almost a year there were zero BGs. Even at the and of vanilla there were only three. And since you're whining about not being able to immediately summon 3 NPCs from other servers to clear FPs for you I can only assume that you are referring to the dumpster fire LFD tool from WoW.

Adios man. Although I doubt you will be missed.

agree,

To enjoy the story, to play a character you enjoy playing?

I've hardly done any heroic content...If I want to group, I go find a Flashpoint or join a warzone. Skipping Heroic content doesn't bother me too much.

Well it's starting to bother me, I have a 50 marauder, 48 Trooper, and a 35 Operative, and like you was forced to skip most Heroic content due to the time it takes to find groups after the first 2 weeks. The mere fact there is so much of it has brought me to a point where I no longer want to skip it, yes I enjoy the class quests but rather than redoing all the generic quests over & over on each different character I thought it would be nice to mix the class quests up with some heroic content.

This is not a single player game & nor is it single player friendly, only the class & generic quest can be done single player. That leaves alot of content missed out on if you are so inclined to play solo. To say i'm dissapointed would be an understatement.

Tip o' the hat for making me chuckle. Well said.

Well, that's all well and good except he's making a logical fallacy with the coffee comment. The person he was replying to obviously "drinks coffee" because he is A) playing SWTOR and B) has played other MMORPGs in the past. Hence, he is a coffee drinker.

Therefore, he is obviously a coffee drinker going into a coffee shop with a drink in hand saying, "Hey, you... this coffee you made me? It's no good and here's why I don't like it."

First off, virtually every MMO released since WoW can be played "solo" until you reach end game. To say that that is a flaw in SWTOR is to either be ignorant or to hate MMOs altogether. Second of all, there IS a grouping function. Sure it could use some work, but it does exist. Finally, you're paying for quite a bit more than warzones. If you go out and buy a game that only incidentally deals with pvp and then you complain about the lack of pvp, well, that would be a YOU problem.

What makes your post even worse is your comparison to WoW. In Vanilla WoW for almost a year there were zero BGs. Even at the and of vanilla there were only three. And since you're whining about not being able to immediately summon 3 NPCs from other servers to clear FPs for you I can only assume that you are referring to the dumpster fire LFD tool from WoW.

Adios man. Although I doubt you will be missed.

This sums it up I think.

Well it's starting to bother me, I have a 50 marauder, 48 Trooper, and a 35 Operative, and like you was forced to skip most Heroic content due to the time it takes to find groups after the first 2 weeks. The mere fact there is so much of it has brought me to a point where I no longer want to skip it, yes I enjoy the class quests but rather than redoing all the generic quests over & over on each different character I thought it would be nice to mix the class quests up with some heroic content.

This is not a single player game & nor is it single player friendly, only the class & generic quest can be done single player. That leaves alot of content missed out on if you are so inclined to play solo. To say i'm dissapointed would be an understatement.

Or you could just outlevel the heroic content by 5-6 levels then go back and solo them :)

Is it really so difficult for PVP'ers to tell the difference between a game that has 'lite-pvp' vs one that is pvp-focused?

Anyone who did any research on the game could easily tell that pvp was not the main focus of the game. How can you come here and complain there aren't enough pvp features when you should've known that two years ago?

For myself, I'd prefer if they just ripped pvp out of the game completely.

At the beginning in my guild were something like 250 ppl online. Now 40-60. Where did they go if this game is so big success ?

they left the guild because they couldnt take all this enjoyment and this fun stuff and all the things that you can do anymore. They just had no room for the guild, they left so they can enjoy all the content alone and dont want other to be part of their enjoyment