The lack of romance

guelphontldy

I find it rather sad that most class' get to have a "romance" option by level 30ish, however if you look up Jedi Consular, you won't get anyone to "romance" until level 40ish.:mad: And at level 40 you just meet them so it takes a while to build up that romance with them which probably at best would take until around level 45-50...not that I've tested that part.:(

I think its sad that the Jedi Consular is robbed of this aspect of the game until nearing the end though there are 3 companions before the only male you can "romance" with.:( What's wrong with romancing guy number 2 or 3? Number 2 I think is a human...not romance able and number 3 is a Twi'lek but you can't romance him either.:confused: If your a male Consular you have to wait until around level 50ish to finally get a woman to romance.:confused:

Okay, i know Jedi are not supposed to fall in love or have romance because of yadda, yadda, but even the Jedi Knight gets a romance option as companion number 2:(. I feel a little ripped off that my best option is to go with a Sith Inquisitor just to get to have a romance which is a part of the game, not a mandatory part but that's not the point.;)

For a heavy story written game this is where I find it lacking for the Jedi Consular. So guys who actually develop this and can fix things...come on...no romance for Jedi Consular until at the earliest level 40? Come on!:rolleyes:

The romance with Nadia did indeed feel pretty rushed. More importantly she gains affection so fast that by the next time you go to your ship she may have 3-4 "quests" ready, so you just kinda blitz through them.

Also, would have been nice to have these romantic discussions with her when I'm not surrounded by the cold, metallic walls of my ship. There wasn't even any music or anything, it just felt kinda forced (no pun intended). Also, I expected that after I married her she wouldn't have to hang out downstairs next to creepy Theran and would hang out in my bedroom.

/shrug. Putting too much emphasis on a romantic relationship with a computer generated woman is probably unhealthy anyways :p

You can get laid with Tharan i hear, but not romance him because of Holiday. The "real" romance for female consulars is Iresso, who you get a whole planet before Nadia.

I said it in another thread already, but it would've been pretty easy to get Nadia before Balmorra, Iresso would be harder.

You can get laid with Tharan i hear, but not romance him because of Holiday. The "real" romance for female consulars is Iresso, who you get a whole planet before Nadia.

I said it in another thread already, but it would've been pretty easy to get Nadia before Balmorra, Iresso would be harder.

Seen a movie on youtube where you get to marry Tharan. Leads to some Dark Side points though. So it's possible.

we shouldn't get a romance option AT ALL.

anakin got romantically involved with padme ... and we all know how THAT ended.

besides, there's a jedi rule against romance. i remember a quest on tython ratting on a couple.

i still have my heart set on romancing qyzen.

Edited by Takahironori

It does seem a bit late in the game for male consulars. I don't mind though since I am playing a light side Jedi. Romancing would be very much against the Jedi code that I could never do it. I had to let Nadia down gently :)

Technically speaking marriage is okay but the council must approve it. But i agree the romance is a bit late. Knights get kira at 14! She is the romanceable and she is almost identical to fighting as nadia. What's up with that?

Well than we completley miss out on romance so why give us nadia at all. Revan believes love makes you stronger with the force and we all know how he is. Romance is not bad it is just people who cant control their emotions.

besides, there's a jedi rule against romance. i remember a quest on tython ratting on a couple.

they are not against romance, they simply just don't encourager it. if you do the romance option you character explain it to his/her other half.

I would be happy if the LI:s could show up a little earlier in the game, 2:nd or 3:rd comp would be pretty good. 4:th is a bit of a trial but the LI being the 5:th comp really feels like it is a bit too late.

Have been playing my main JK together with hubby's consular and a friend with a trooper. So far the trooper is happily married with Elara and hubby still hasn't got Nadia as a full companion yet.

It does seem a bit late in the game for male consulars. I don't mind though since I am playing a light side Jedi. Romancing would be very much against the Jedi code that I could never do it. I had to let Nadia down gently :)

Did you finish her storyline yet? If not, you may be surprised. There is no letting her down gently. The romance is almost automatic. I had intended to do exactly that, but ended up romancing her completely by accident.

The romance with Nadia did indeed feel pretty rushed. More importantly she gains affection so fast that by the next time you go to your ship she may have 3-4 "quests" ready, so you just kinda blitz through them.

Also, would have been nice to have these romantic discussions with her when I'm not surrounded by the cold, metallic walls of my ship. There wasn't even any music or anything, it just felt kinda forced (no pun intended). Also, I expected that after I married her she wouldn't have to hang out downstairs next to creepy Theran and would hang out in my bedroom.

/shrug. Putting too much emphasis on a romantic relationship with a computer generated woman is probably unhealthy anyways :p

I have to agree, after squeaking out occasional +25-40 alignment gains with every other companion I've had, getting +100 with almost every decision I make with Nadia seems kinda weird. I swear she agrees 110% with every thing I say, even in straight forward dialogue decisions like "agreeing the sky is blue" ... +200 gain.

Edited by Enduretwentytwo

I have to agree, after squeaking out occasional +25-40 alignment gains with every other companion I've had, getting +100 with almost every decision I make with Nadia seems kinda weird. I swear she agrees 110% with every thing I say, even in straight forward dialogue decisions like "agreeing the sky is blue" ... +200 gain.

Meanwhile, Theran seems to hate everything you do. When testing affection gains on dailies, there are some where he literally gives negative affection for EVERY choice.

I was also fairly disappointed by the male dominance of the storylines.

Jedi Consular - Nadia

Jedi Knight - Kira

Smuggler - Risha and Akaavi

Trooper - Elara

Sith Inquisitor - Ashara

Sith Warrior - Vette (!!!) and Jaesa

Imp Agent - Kaliyo and Raina and Scorpio (ok, not romanceable, but still)

Bounty Hunter - Mako (!!!!!)

Considering the 6 companion (including ship droid), we should have gotten at least two females per class.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Setele wouldn't exist if Bastila didn't romance someone (probably revan), there are jedi who do get married and or have children.

Did you finish her storyline yet? If not, you may be surprised. There is no letting her down gently. The romance is almost automatic. I had intended to do exactly that, but ended up romancing her completely by accident.

I think so. I maxed out her affection and she doesn't ask to talk anymore. I am currently level 50 on Corellia. She was hitting on me pretty hard during her conversations. I got to a point where I was able to say something like "No, it would never work between us" after a bit.

It was tough because even some of the seemingly innocuous answers led to me reciprocating so I had to esc out a bit and do it over. Seems like the game was really trying to make it happen which I didn't like. Whether the council would allow it or not, it feels wrong to me. The whole story shown to us during the prequels demonstrates the dangers of falling in love with someone. Also one of the early quests on Tython.

Romance is not against the Jedi Order or code. What IS against the jedi code is becoming so obsessed with your partner that you forget/neglect your duties and oh, I don't know, bribe or threaten anyone who has the potential to expose you, like those two on Tython.

Anakin always seemed to be barely clinging to emotional control, and frequently lost his temper, disastrously so on many occasions. And that was well before he really went dark, so I can see why the order would have prohibited him from marriage. They could see the writing on the wall even then.

Now that said, I also wish that we got our romance options earlier in our story line. I feel really bad for male consulars having to wait until 45+.. and oh how I wish that Zenith were romanceable. I find him far more interesting than Iresso, who is a nice guy, but... eh.

I'm hoping that as the game expands further in the future, they'll open up more romances for us. I'm not saying I want to romance Qyzen or anything but... sheesh.