The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Space bar was a mistake.

BCBull

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?!

I'm just getting into the PvE scene, and every flash point group I enter I see things like, SPACEBAWABA, SPACEBAR!!!!, HIT THE SPACE.

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming. The change of pace was so refreshing the first week. I was able to slow down and really enjoy the immersion.

Space bar should be disabled in flash points for the sake of all players that come in the future. Let them experience the truly epic immersion I had my first couple weeks.

I can see where you are coming from, but on repetable quests and when level alts, I dont want to sit through the same stuff again and again and again, especially the sith story line which makes me want to hurt people.

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?!

I'm just getting into the PvE scene, and every flash point group I enter I see things like, SPACEBAWABA, SPACEBAR!!!!, HIT THE SPACE.

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming. The change of pace was so refreshing the first week. I was able to slow down and really enjoy the immersion.

Space bar should be disabled in flash points for the sake of all players that come in the future. Let them experience the truly epic immersion I had my first couple weeks.

No. You can run all these FP's every day. I do not want to listen to the same stupid story over and over and over and over and over. What we need is an option in which we can just disable all VO when entering into FPs. I heard it the first time, I don't need to hear it the 15th time I've run FE, BI, BT, BP, Foundry, D7, Kaon. It's not longer interesting.

What we need is an option in which we can just disable all VO when entering into FPs.

Maybe they can add a cut-scene asking the group if they'd like to skip all cut-scenes...highest roll wins the response.

All kidding aside, this is entirely avoidable if you make sure everyone in the group is on board with space-baring.

Well hell he is being forced to skip 80% of the content!

Then he needs to find people who haven't done it yet.

I'm not going to sit and watch the same television episode twenty times in a row and I sure as hell ain't gonna do it in a game.

No. You can run all these FP's every day. I do not want to listen to the same stupid story over and over and over and over and over. What we need is an option in which we can just disable all VO when entering into FPs. I heard it the first time, I don't need to hear it the 15th time I've run FE, BI, BT, BP, Foundry, D7, Kaon. It's not longer interesting.

I want the option to disable VO period. I prefer to read. It's faster, I retain the info better ( just like reading a book compared to watching the movie ) and the voices in my head do a much better job than the "voice actors" EAware wasted money on.

Edited by Zorvan

I'm on my 16th alt ...spacebar is my friend ;)

16th alt? either you havn't got any lvl 50s or you play the game way too quickly. Any complaints you make (not saying you have) are pretty much void if you play that quickly through a story based mmo, and thus skipping the story.

I want the option to disable VO period. I prefer to read. It's faster, I retain the info better ( just like reading a book compared to watching the movie ) and the voices in my head do a much better job than the "voice actors" EAware wasted money on.

Seriously? Jennifer Hale is easily the best voice actress around. Sadly she is now tarnished as i see that godawful diablo 3 on her wiki page now. NOlan North, yah he's done a few good things as well.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Yeah, me too! Got many new friends from that tool, people I probably would never have met otherwise.

But... but... all I ever hear is how LFG ruins the community. You mean... it can enhance it? You just blew my mind.

i will never skip the story and will never use the spacebar no matter how much the group whines. I will leave the group before i give them the satisfaction of having their way. People say well they wouldn't have implemented the space bar if they didn't want you to skip the story, well i look at it the other way if they wanted you to skip the story they would have had you hit the space bar to see it instead. Edited by Mr_Crueak

THEY DON'T LISTEN .... i have said them the same exactly after launch and the answer was ...

it works as was designed ....!!!!

first time i see a company turn a success story to a failure story with no reason at all. someone is responsible for this failure and he must pay !!!!!

It is polite to agree in the party about how the FP should be played in advace - whether we will skip or listen to dialogues. Luckily I never met any player who would not tolerate the fact that you are in a certain FP for the first time, if you ask politely that you would prefer to listen to the story.

If you want to listen to the dialogues no matter what other people think, go ahead... Nobody can do anything to force you to press the space bar. There is no way anybody can find you that it was you who did not press the button. If you want to be sure that nobody will blame you, just send "Hit the space bar!" in the party chat and nobody will be any wiser.

The polite way is better. It strengthens the comunity and helps to keep the mood in the party calm and happy.

It is polite to agree in the party about how the FP should be played in advace - whether we will skip or listen to dialogues. Luckily I never met any player who would not tolerate the fact that you are in a certain FP for the first time, if you ask politely that you would prefer to listen to the story.

If you want to listen to the dialogues no matter what other people think, go ahead... Nobody can do anything to force you to press the space bar. There is no way anybody can find you that it was you who did not press the button. If you want to be sure that nobody will blame you, just send "Hit the space bar!" in the party chat and nobody will be any wiser.

The polite way is better. It strengthens the comunity and helps to keep the mood in the party calm and happy.

I spacebar through it all after my first run through. However, I don't ask or demand that everyone else does. I just sit there at the answer screen drinking my coffee until they catch up.

This gogogo additude was introduced in WoW LFG patch. It needs to stop.

For someone who is "just getting into the PvE scene" you sure are preachy. You try running H BT every day and listening to the same dialogue over an over. Heck, doesn't even have to be hard mode just level 2-3 characters past 10 and it gets old.

Look at Dragon Age: Origins. I loved that game and beat it over a dozen times but even I had my limits to hearing the same stuff again and again. After like the second playthrough I skipped the vast majority of the dialogue.

They first have to know it was you to remove you. There is no way to tell who is not hitting the space bar as far as i'm aware anyways.

Look under the player portraits on the left. You'll see little "....." next to the portraits. When a number appears instead of the "....." that means they answered and are waiting. If 1 person is sitting with "...." while everyone else has a number, we know who it is.

I have to admit. When i grind flashpoints or have played em on other characters countless of times i get bored by the dialogue and just spacebar through it unless there's some priceless humorous moment like the Esseles engineer into space thingie.

However i don't ruin it for other players by spamming text with SPACEBAR GOGO SKIP SKIP!!!

Had one of these groups where 1 ADHD kid was just rushing through it all just screaming in caps in chat SKIP SKIP! And rushing through the whole FP most of the time ignoring loot, bonus objectives etc etc...

Luckily i didn't listen to the kid with a pimple invaded face.

When it comes to SP quests unless their voices are ''interesting'' i'll just usually skip the dialogue unless it also turns interesting.