Space bar was a mistake.

BCBull

Spacebar is a wonderful addition, but really there should be a way to toggle the story in flashpoints off entirely.

OP, I think you're confused -- it's only 'story' the first time through. After that, it's just a rerun. If you want to watch the cutscenes every time, run an instance with your friggin' guild. 1 star.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to ignore the core point of my post in order to troll some more about WoW fanboyism. Everybody on this forum is such a colossal moron I don't even know why I bother making intelligent analogies and points about things in an effort to convince them of their flawed logic and lack of common sense.

Forums... Forums never change

Nobody can select an answer until the dialogue is over. You do not see the dialogue choices, you only see "Waiting for other players...". Therefore all players have "..." next to their portraits and nobody has numbers.

Wrong. Play the game.

Why the hell do you care if there is a space bar option. Its an option. You don't have to use it. Some of us don't want to sit and listen to the same daily quest dialogue everyday.

Why do people always insist on forcing people do things that they want? There is an option for a reason.

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?!

I'm just getting into the PvE scene, and every flash point group I enter I see things like, SPACEBAWABA, SPACEBAR!!!!, HIT THE SPACE.

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming. The change of pace was so refreshing the first week. I was able to slow down and really enjoy the immersion.

Space bar should be disabled in flash points for the sake of all players that come in the future. Let them experience the truly epic immersion I had my first couple weeks.

you are crazy if you think not being able to skip dialogue would have been a good idea.

the forums would have been full of people having issues with Head North and kill quests that come with 5 minutes of unnecessary chatter..

personally I think more than a space bar was needed. I would had liked to a see a tick box in the settings that allows you to toggle side quests between voice and normal texts quests. Voice should only have been for the main class story.

Bioware then could have monitored how many players have skip side quest voice enabled. and used this to judge if the massive expense is worth it going forward.

maybe if they left voice just to the class stories they might have finished the MMO part of the game rather than the unrealised one dimensional mess we actually have.

I really enjoy the dialogue, but there are times when it's useful to be able to skip, especially when you've seen something before.

I also have subtitles on for all conversations and I'm a fast reader, so the spacebar does stop me having to wait around.

I do agree that a lot of people will ruin their experience by 'spacing' through most of the game, but that's up to them really. You can only advise them how to play to get the most enjoyment from the game.

Kind regards

Edited by llesna

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?!

I'm just getting into the PvE scene, and every flash point group I enter I see things like, SPACEBAWABA, SPACEBAR!!!!, HIT THE SPACE.

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming. The change of pace was so refreshing the first week. I was able to slow down and really enjoy the immersion.

Space bar should be disabled in flash points for the sake of all players that come in the future. Let them experience the truly epic immersion I had my first couple weeks.

What an incredibly short-sighted post. OP should have his posting privileges removed. If you're so absolutely incapable of having any shred of foresight, then your posting on these forums would just be a waste of time for the rest of us.

Sure its cool the 1st and maybe the 2nd time , but do you really want to see the same cut scene a thousand times ???!

You can use spacebar sparingly even though it is available in the same way you don't try to eat every piece of food in your refrigerator all at once, simply because it's there.

When you re-roll new characters and hit those same missions, I sometimes watch the cutscenes and I will sometimes spacebar through them since I already know the story.

If you're in a group that is demanding you hit the spacebar, give them a piece of your mind and leave the group, and find a better one.

Any group that demands people hit spacebar are impatient and most likely not much fun to run with anyway.

Not everyone plays games to listen to countless hours of voice acting and bad animation. I personally DGAF about the storyline, and just want to kill people.

Jesus Christ, this. Such bad, bad, TERRIBLE animation. It's worse than Dragon Age. It's beyond me why noone in that company has an eye for that sort of thing.

Anyways, OP, it's probably because they've seen the cut scenes a billion times.

The hell is the matter with you? They're completely allowed to enjoy the immersion, and noone's not "letting" them, as you put it. Space bar is optional, and if you want, you can hold the whole group up by watching.

If you're in a Flash Point with me, I never ask you or anyone else to skip scenes, regardless how many times I've seen them. It's rude.

Same here, if Ive seen FP before, I spacebar thru, if everyone else does too, were golden, if not, then I'm ready once theyve finished. In the meantime I pour a drink or talk on vent.

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?
It's like fast food content; reading quest text was superior.

Why do people always insist on forcing people do things that they want? There is an option for a reason.
He's a casual; like most casuals, he's extremely self-entitled. Edited by Ansultares

Perhaps BW should implement a poll system on the group invite pop-up screen akin to the quest choice wheel: (a) Enable space bar, or (b) Disable space bar. Or maybe have a pull-down menu where the party leader can dictate the choice before forming a group that shows up on the group invite pop-up so players are aware. Or perhaps simply asking beforehand . . .

Personally, I choose to play in groups who choose to play out the voice acting. Finding out whether or not my preference is a group fit before ever accepting an invite is the only way to avoid conflict. Play it your way and find others to play with who share your preferences. That's what an MMO is all about.

Edited by GalacticKegger