The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorc Bubble Doubled

Sathid

Ok im done,yah yah im just making it up,this forum is pointless with some of you.

Back to the Wz's and the 4 to 6 sorcs/inquis fights.

Listen I'm all ears open if you show us proof. I'll glady post "nerf bubble" thread if you show me proof that bubble is stackable as you say.

Sorcerers shield absorbs, from what I can tell, around 2.5 - 3 K damage.

That's not 20,000 damage. That's 2,500 - 3000 damage. We have no damage mitigate beyond that. As soon as our shield drops, we take full damage and our armour (which mitigates damage) never goes above 20%. All other classes - every single one - has far, far, far higher mitigation without buffs than we do.

Just saying.

Listen I'm all ears open if you show us proof. I'll glady post "nerf bubble" thread if you show me proof that bubble is stackable as you say.

Bubble isn't stackable at all.

The closest we get to stackable is getting off a double bubble by casting bubble before we hit combat, and not having the debuff on when it goes down.

I'm not too sure how guard works with bubble. I'm pretty sure the mitigation is applied BEFORE the bubble takes damage. They could switch that round... Not sure what it would accomplish though.

Think I've figured out the problem with the Bubble and how Bioware can fix it since it's technically a bug.

The Bubble is taking some getting rid of because mitigation from Guard, taunt and talents, this means that 3-4k quickly becomes a lot more.

Now if it was altered so that all the damage against the bubble would be unmitigated by Guard, talents and taunts it would balance it up a lot more.

Still think this is a bug personally and wouldn't be suprised if it got hotfixed.

Edit: Also Guard doesn't work that way to the one mentioning the Tank Sin, as soon as damage is taken from the Guarded target, the Sin would have popped out of stealth due to taking damage from Guard.

Shields that don't mitigate for talents, guarding and what not would be completely worthless. If you are having a hard time breaking through a shield, you are either out geared or not very good at the basic mechanics of your class.

Oh look... it's Sathid... without another story about sorcs doing something to him with uncertain details and no proof...

So, our bubble has doubled, our lightning goes through all mitigation, our stuns go through resolve, our knockbacks throw people further, we have countless roots, snares and stuns, we can stealth, we can spam instant heals on any spec and our channelled force lightning does so much damage we never have to use another spell.

What next? Gonna start something about sorcs getting defence medals in WZ?

Wait, I've seen that one too.

Good lord I wish sorcs really were the class people think we are- we'd be unstoppable.

Shields that don't mitigate for talents, guarding and what not would be completely worthless. If you are having a hard time breaking through a shield, you are either out geared or not very good at the basic mechanics of your class.

This.

I don't see why people complain about the bubble so much as it really does very little for us outside of giving us some mitigation when faced with damage. If the metrics work out that it is absorbing 3-4K damage then I could understand them dropping that down to 2.5 - 3K, but beyond that... nerfing it would just break Sorcerers as we'd just fall down when faced with any other class.

Proof gear and skill have no correlation.

I've seen you post multiple times and for some reason you REFUSE to believe that the sorcerer is the easiest class to play and be successful with in the game. Why is it that you refuse to believe this?

Think I've figured out the problem with the Bubble and how Bioware can fix it since it's technically a bug.

The Bubble is taking some getting rid of because mitigation from Guard, taunt and talents, this means that 3-4k quickly becomes a lot more.

Now if it was altered so that all the damage against the bubble would be unmitigated by Guard, talents and taunts it would balance it up a lot more.

Still think this is a bug personally and wouldn't be suprised if it got hotfixed.

Are you serious? In what way is that any different than a heal? Should a heal be healing for less when you have guard on the target and the attackers are taunted?

A bubble is nothing more than a heal over time people. It will heal for 3k. Just because you need to do 3k damage before you see health go below 100%, doesn't mean it's some mystical effect. It's 3k HP more every 20 seconds.

What is so hard to understand about it? Are you guys getting psychologically intimidated by the health not dropping after your first GCD?

Are you serious? In what way is that any different than a heal? Should a heal be healing for less when you have guard on the target and the attackers are taunted?

A bubble is nothing more than a heal over time people. It will heal for 3k. Just because you need to do 3k damage before you see health go below 100%, doesn't mean it's some mystical effect. It's 3k HP more every 20 seconds.

What is so hard to understand about it? Are you guys getting psychologically intimidated by the health not dropping after your first GCD?

Because you are not supposed to be able to mitigate better than a Tank.

I've seen you post multiple times and for some reason you REFUSE to believe that the sorcerer is the easiest class to play and be successful with in the game. Why is it that you refuse to believe this?

It isn't.

Bounty Hunters are easier to play than Sorcerers, and they're far easier to be successful with. They can pull bigger numbers in a shorter period of time and have greater mitigation than we do, even with bubble.

Oh look... it's Sathid... without another story about sorcs doing something to him with uncertain details and no proof...

So, our bubble has doubled, our lightning goes through all mitigation, our stuns go through resolve, our knockbacks throw people further, we have countless roots, snares and stuns, we can stealth, we can spam instant heals on any spec and our channelled force lightning does so much damage we never have to use another spell.

What next? Gonna start something about sorcs getting defence medals in WZ?

Wait, I've seen that one too.

Good lord I wish sorcs really were the class people think we are- we'd be unstoppable.

in my experience most of what you said it true. What makes them bad I think is the slow from lightning, the knockback (with a RIDICULOUSLY low cooldown, and the bubble. I'm a guardian so i force leap at them they instantly knockback and spam lightning, oh look at that, I can't do anything now.

Bubble never dropped

20k damage

Anyone see the issue here? considering there's no combat log so you have literally no idea how much damage you are doing to someone with the bubble on?

For all you know, the others could be trapped in a ui lock where it looks like skills are going off but nothing is actually happening.

Edited by Adzzy

wow so Operative/scoundrel burst is too high and needs to be nerfed yet you just showed how to totally negate all of an ops damage. Not just the burst but all of it.

Maybe now people will see that this knee jerk reaction and nerfing OP's even more will make them useless. A sorc is their prime target. If they can't even hurt them past that stupidly strong bubble then who is supposed to take them down?

Welcome to SWSORC.

Guard- 50% mitigation.

Taunt one- 30% mitigation.

Taunt two- undisclosed amount of mitigation

Oil Slick- 20% miss chance

Flame Burst- 4% less damage

Those are just BH bonuses- I know juggs and assassins have different mitigators.

Point is though, if I assume the second taunt is at least 20%, a tank can reduce your damage to zero for 6 seconds, and by over 50% permanently, on top of giving you a large chance to miss entirely.

That's before you even factor in a bubble. Yes, it does show- working a healer/tank combo makes the healer extremely hard to kill- has nothing to do with sorcs, try it on a merc/op healer and you'll see too.

There are no 20k bubbles- that's simply put ridiculous, and it's clear OP missed something. Which could include things like shielding, rebubbling, instant heals, debuffs, etc... Without video proof, it's impossible to know.

Guard- 50% mitigation.

Taunt one- 30% mitigation.

Taunt two- undisclosed amount of mitigation

Oil Slick- 20% miss chance

Flame Burst- 4% less damage

Those are just BH bonuses- I know juggs and assassins have different mitigators.

Point is though, if I assume the second taunt is at least 20%, a tank can reduce your damage to zero for 6 seconds, and by over 50% permanently, on top of giving you a large chance to miss entirely.

That's before you even factor in a bubble. Yes, it does show- working a healer/tank combo makes the healer extremely hard to kill- has nothing to do with sorcs, try it on a merc/op healer and you'll see too.

There are no 20k bubbles- that's simply put ridiculous, and it's clear OP missed something. Which could include things like shielding, rebubbling, instant heals, debuffs, etc... Without video proof, it's impossible to know.

Indeed. So the correct procedure ( I know it's hard for the OP and others to adapt tactics to circumstance but I'll try. )

CC the healer. Damage both targets at the same time while concentrating damage on the tank. Kill tank first. Kill healer as an easy aside once done.

I don't get why when someone gets angry at a class they proceed to call it the easiest class to play. How is this argument even valid? And where the hell is the proof? And please don't say because you looked at the numbers on the scoreboard at the end of a wz, I will then have to proceed to punch you in the eyebrow.

Indeed. So the correct procedure ( I know it's hard for the OP and others to adapt tactics to circumstance but I'll try. )

CC the healer. Damage both targets at the same time while concentrating damage on the tank. Kill tank first. Kill healer as an easy aside once done.

This right here- OP, try it, bashing yourself against a healer who has between 54%-100% mitigation at all times plus their own defensive CDs and talents is not going to work, ever.

Keeping the healer CCed while you take out the tank, and then interrupting once resolve is white- that's how you manage a healer/tank combo.

You WILL NOT get a healer down while a tank's guarding them- that's working as intended to make tanks useful for the first time in pvp- I know, it sucks, as dps, you're used to ten years of mindlessly going for the squishiest thing you see and using those huge crits to turn it to paste...

Now you gotta l2p though. Do it, or, keep making whine threads.

I haven't refused to believe anything. Since I play an assassin I would probably find any other class easy to play. My comment you quoted was aimed at the op who kept talking about their gear.

Maybe your reading comprehension lacks but i stated there was no tank,that i saw and no we could not CC the healer,it wasnt like i was in vent with a premade i bet the gunslinger would of hit him anyhow.

This right here- OP, try it, bashing yourself against a healer who has between 54%-100% mitigation at all times plus their own defensive CDs and talents is not going to work, ever.

Keeping the healer CCed while you take out the tank, and then interrupting once resolve is white- that's how you manage a healer/tank combo.

You WILL NOT get a healer down while a tank's guarding them- that's working as intended to make tanks useful for the first time in pvp- I know, it sucks, as dps, you're used to ten years of mindlessly going for the squishiest thing you see and using those huge crits to turn it to paste...

Now you gotta l2p though. Do it, or, keep making whine threads.

Quit trolling my posts fungi all you do is bash and talk half truths.

Maybe your reading comprehension lacks but i stated there was no tank,that i saw and no we could not CC the healer,it wasnt like i was in vent with a premade i bet the gunslinger would of hit him anyhow.

Duel a sorc/sage to test your theory then. Hit them with an ability that does fairly consistent damage while they're not shielded- see how long it takes to get them down... do the same with a shield up.

Duel a sorc/sage to test your theory then. Hit them with an ability that does fairly consistent damage while they're not shielded- see how long it takes to get them down... do the same with a shield up.

Lol WHY fungi? there is at min four sorcs in a group that i play against their bubbles are ALWAYS up,what the hell would an unshielded Sorc prove?

in my experience most of what you said it true. What makes them bad I think is the slow from lightning, the knockback (with a RIDICULOUSLY low cooldown, and the bubble. I'm a guardian so i force leap at them they instantly knockback and spam lightning, oh look at that, I can't do anything now.

you can do something. change your tactics. save your leap for after the knockback for example. 1v1- slow/stun/root whatever to get into range, get into range first to try and knock off the bubble. get knocked back and probably stunned. clear stun or interrupt the cast if it's whirlwind. THEN leap in when the knockback is on cool down. hopefully you've also taken out the shield on your first bit. leap in, do your stuff. sorcs are squishy by themselves if you get in range. if you can't get/stay in range, try different tactics.