The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Huttball is awsome!! Give whoever designed it a raise!

arteous

Seriously. I would really wish there was a ranking system for huttball teams kind of like soccer or american football leauges. I think the devs knew there would be some kind of population imbalance (even wow suffers from it for the past 7 years) and this was a great solution so people could still get pvp matches in without having to sit in ques endlessly.

It might need a few tweaks here and there *dropping ball on certain circumstances* but in the end it's fun.

The only time i've found it aggravating is when the entire team or most of it is sorcerors and they can litteraly chain speedball it across the room. hence dropping when getting some run buff. but other than that i'm having a blast with it.

Seriously. I would really wish there was a ranking system for huttball teams kind of like soccer or american football leauges. I think the devs knew there would be some kind of population imbalance (even wow suffers from it for the past 7 years) and this was a great solution so people could still get pvp matches in without having to sit in ques endlessly.

It might need a few tweaks here and there *dropping ball on certain circumstances* but in the end it's fun.

The only time i've found it aggravating is when the entire team or most of it is sorcerors and they can litteraly chain speedball it across the room. hence dropping when getting some run buff. but other than that i'm having a blast with it.

Agreed. I'm always happy when Huttball pops.

yeah its awesome when your team tries and it would be even more awesome if you got objective points for playing the game, i.e scoring a goal, I've been in a game where I've scored three times made numerous passes, intercepts and killed the enemy ball carrier a few times yet only received 300 or so objective points, that's fubar in my honest opinion.

yeah its awesome when your team tries and it would be even more awesome if you got objective points for playing the game, i.e scoring a goal, I've been in a game where I've scored three times made numerous passes, intercepts and killed the enemy ball carrier a few times yet only received 300 or so objective points, that's fubar in my honest opinion.

giving bonuses for scoring really would end up detracting from the game because the honor whores will refuse to pass the ball and would rather die with the ball because "they want to score".

you do get defender points for protecting the ball carrier and i think you get objective points for killing ball carriers. (you should anyways) and healing your ball carrier should count aslo for that.

Course that can turn into another minigame in huttabll me and my premades play.

1. pick enemy player

2. pass him the ball on purpose

3. kill the ball carrier.

4. ???

5. profit!

giving bonuses for scoring really would end up detracting from the game because the honor whores will refuse to pass the ball and would rather die with the ball because "they want to score".

you do get defender points for protecting the ball carrier and i think you get objective points for killing ball carriers. (you should anyways) and healing your ball carrier should count aslo for that.

Course that can turn into another minigame in huttabll me and my premades play.

1. pick enemy player

2. pass him the ball on purpose

3. kill the ball carrier.

4. ???

5. profit!

Well the problem is that once you become the ball carrier you become the objective and thus lose the ability to gain any "objective" points. They do need to fix that. it is more beneficial to guard/slaughter the ball carrier than it is to be the ball carrier.

Yeah some rewards tinkering or forget that and add a ladder system with teams and drafts.

make a complete game out of it.

but its fun as it is and that is all that really counts.

I have made 3 goals so far and passed directly for 2.

At least i think.

Having those stats would be nice.

Love to see a list of top hutball objective point earners outside of the instance.

Well the problem is that once you become the ball carrier you become the objective and thus lose the ability to gain any "objective" points. They do need to fix that. it is more beneficial to guard/slaughter the ball carrier than it is to be the ball carrier.

Actually this is fine. The point of Huttball isn't to hold the ball, it's to pass the ball. So encouraging people to pass it would be a good thing... encouraging people to hold on to the ball because they want the points for being ball carrier probably isn't a good idea.

Huttball is well thought out for competition...I think it is THE best map ever for Premmies to really show teamwork.

However, it SUCKS to have no other option when you just aren't in the mood...I love cake- but I'm not going to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Huttball, like everything else, is good when taken in moderation.

It also depends on the class you play. When I queue on my Marauder and Huttball pops, I cry because much like the ball I will be punted all over the playing field. But when it pops and I'm on my Sorcerer, I just know it'll be great.

Yeah. I feel like the fat kid who got thrown the football and has no idea what to do with it while the whole team comes charging in for a takedown. :D

I prefer supporting the ball handlers or killing the guys trying to kill my ball handler.

I actually look forward to Huttball now. It's the only map where melee can be a real advatange. Civil wars is 2nd, Voidstar is the worst map ever. I hate it with a passion and it favors range way too much. It is so easy to defend with ranged especiall with sorcs/sages spamming instant cast dots. Attacking can also be easier as you pick off anyone at the door(like myself) because I only have 2 ranged abilities to actually stop a door cap.

Passing, scoring, killing the carrier, killing bad guys around the carrier, healing the carrier, etc, should all give points. Passing and scoring should be 'equal.' Though, to prevent farming, you can't get points for passing constantly. Say, 15 second cooldown on the points? Or more if someone else can get better math involved. That way passback fakeouts and such can still be useful. They need to encourage teamwork, because just as often as I get a premade that works as a group and passes with some sort of coordination, I get a gaggle of pubs that think they're all heroes and can solo the team themselves, and then die, while the other team capitalizes on our noobs.

Actually this is fine. The point of Huttball isn't to hold the ball, it's to pass the ball. So encouraging people to pass it would be a good thing... encouraging people to hold on to the ball because they want the points for being ball carrier probably isn't a good idea.

Except if you are a Jug/Guard (or even tank assasin) as they are a quality ball carrier. Also, good passes take you out of range of getting the objective points. The reward system should account for assists (with diminishing returns and penalties for interceptions) as well as scores.

I like the team ladder idea, would be hard to regulate though different people with different play times, some teams might never play each other so how can rankings truely be worked out.

There is a lot of scope with it though and a lot could be done with it, its a refreshing take on capture the flag.

The one thing i would like to see added is a bonus for winning a match with x amount of time left,more time left bigger the bonus.

I think this would help a little with premades VS randoms were it's 5-0 and 9+ min of farming.

This, it would help with the afk problem as well, as the premade that is stomping will be encouraged to do a quick win and the pug can just stay in, get whatever medals they can and get some commendations/valor in a quick game.

Edited by Bnol

This, it would help with the afk problem as well, as the premade that is stomping will be encouraged to do a quick win and the pug can just stay in, get whatever medals they can and get some commendations/valor in a quick game.

Regressive awards. Not so much good.

could add a timer to the amount of time there is with no goal and kill everyone.