Too many group quests..

Alessia

In my opinion there's too many group quests. Its a story based game that tells me repeatedly my character (Sith Warrior) is a one person army and because its flagged group I need to hunt around for 3 other players every 10 minutes.

The only good thing is that the most important plot quests are soloable, but that just contributes to the immersion breaking factor when a side quest is too tough for my sith..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to many just no one to do them with I would say.

Nah I can get the odd group. Maybe it'd be better if they were clustered and could be done in one go. But they are spread strewn across planets so that doing them before the end when you have 5 or 6 to do at once is inefficent.

OP there are plenty of single player games for you out there.

WOW I'm shocked, group missions in a MMO?? unheard of.

This isn't a typical MMO. It plays far more like a singleplayer RPG with people.

Those group quests are the only thing that destroys the perfect illusion i'm playing Mass Effect in the Star Wars universe with other players to interact with if and when I feel like it. They pretty much suck..

I've only done like 2 group quests...

don't be a moron. You can still get to 50 completely solo, just by doing solo quests.

It's great that we have the option of being able to do plenty of group quests as well.

This isn't a single player game. They have the perfect amount of group quests in this game. the more the merrier.

And again, I don't even do group quests.

If you could que up for them with a dungeon finder-esque thing I would like them a lot more.

Mostly they are pointless though, they give you a nice item/mod but you can go without it easily and if you really want you can go back and crush it at a higher level if its an orange you want.

They probably bother most people with a completionist attitude. They don't like leaving an area/planet with quests left to do.

Too many heroic missions for some, not enough for others, just right for most.

The difference here is, the players get on with the game, the whingers get on the forums.

Not one heroic mission is required for your story, so none of them are mandatory. Stop your jibba jabbin, you aint hurt!

Edited by SirSlayAlot

My wish would be that all the missions scale, and could be done either solo or group, depending on the preference of the player.

Or availability of other players if you play odd hours or are behind the levelling curve on your server.

With a bonus in xp or cash the more who join, to encourage, but not force, grouping.

So don't do them?

There's never any depth to their stories because they're dailies, and the rewards are never more than some commendations or a different colored piece of customizable gear.

Lots of people like group quests. You don't get to dictate.

This isn't a typical MMO. It plays far more like a singleplayer RPG with people.

Those group quests are the only thing that destroys the perfect illusion i'm playing Mass Effect in the Star Wars universe with other players to interact with if and when I feel like it. They pretty much suck..

You can play this game just like Mass Effect, if you stick to your class story.

Outside of that, it needs to be an MMO and you should expect to group up to tackle some of the biggest challenges.

First off, you are under no obligation to do group quests. Second, you make it sound like you can't get to max level in other MMOs without grouping.

My only complaint about it, is I wish they had a different symble or color to show that it's a Heroic quest so I can just flat out skip it. I don't bother with them while I'm leaving, and it's kind of annoying to go back to a quest hub and forget that it's a Heroic and not a new quest that just popped up, or listening to the whole quest only to realize it was a Heroic.

My wish would be that all the missions scale, and could be done either solo or group, depending on the preference of the player.

This would be feasible only if the mission rewards accurately reflected the difficulty. On solo difficulty, a commendation would really be all that I could see. Done in group mode, you get the piece of gear that 6 to 8 commendations would otherwise get. So you COULD get a piece of gear just as good as the group reward by soloing - you'd simply need to do it several times.

If I can't find a group for the mission, I uncheck it in my quest log and move on. If it's a +2 mission, I come back five levels later and solo it. If it's a +4, and I somehow haven't found a group (not encountered this situation yet, though), I'd come back after 10 levels, and just use commendations to buy crates to acquire gear for my alts.

If people don't want to group, you can't force them. I generally do 'three strikes, I'm out', and move on. If after three times, a call in General Chat yields nothing, chances are it isn't going to. Not worth getting upset over.

i think swtor attracted a lot of players beyond casuals. They jumped into swtor thinking it is an online co-op role playing game. oh wait..i think swtor really is a MSORPG. Massively Singleplayer Online Role Playing Game.

lolll

Edited by Redsuns_