I beat the game.

Luminant

Give me arena. There's no reason to play PvP if it's just going to be the same old grind. I need to compete against players or I get bored. Simple as that.

I'm pretty much gear capped but, this gear grind/RNG gear acquisition needs to go. Just saying.

Edited by Luminant

Give me arena. There's no reason to play PvP if it's just going to be the same old grind. I need to compete against players or I get bored. Simple as that.

I'm pretty much gear capped but, this gear grind/RNG gear acquisition needs to go. Just saying.

You didn't make Valor 100, you didn't beat anything.

Nothing to see here.

Don't you like the lottery system awarding newbies while screwing those with kind of skill?

I think is failing as intended. ;-)

"I want something different. Your wants are null and void. Play a different game."

You people crack me up. I'd love to have something like arena. Keeps gamers playing with people on their level. I was a 2kish wow player, nothing special. That said warzones in this game are like perma 1200s. Premading them is like 2500s queing with 1500s. I, like my friend here play for the competition, not the shiny gear.

Dismissing his point with a snarky remark is the same as dismissing your own opinions. Only difference is when someone does it to you it is treason because after all, you are very important.

*yawn* all you want is some arbitrary gear rewarding system so you can stroke your epeen. BTW I am not against arena, I am against the type of attitude it creates. You can make your own arena system and run it out of smugglers den, hell there is even a arena style pit. Will you do that probably not though, since it does not give you some number or some kind of gear reward that you can show off to other people.

*yawn* all you want is some arbitrary gear rewarding system so you can stroke your epeen. BTW I am not against arena, I am against the type of attitude it creates. You can make your own arena system and run it out of smugglers den, hell there is even a arena style pit. Will you do that probably not though, since it does not give you some number or some kind of gear reward that you can show off to other people.

He listed competition as his motivation. Do you know him? How do you now what he wants? Are you psychic?! If you are can you tell me if I'll ever find true love? God I hope you are psychic and not just a self important forum troll.

The only people that don't want to see arena are **** pvpers. That may not be a fact, but it isn't far off.

glorified dueling doesn't make one a good PvPer, it makes one a good dueler.

A well designed open world game where teams can run around and actually use tactics to gain advantage and attack other groups or gather together to take our larger or more skilled forces, that makes for good PvP.

I love it when the less talented gather up and zerg and then you see how many dozens of them you can kill before they take your team down, if they even succeed at that, while roaming and clashing with other organized teams who aren't completely prep'd for you to fight them in a little open room.

Being the best in PvP to a dueler is 'having the best class/class combo' and a better computer rig to win there duel. To those that I consider good PvPers, its about teamwork and being successful with the randomness of open world combat.

A well designed open world game where teams can run around and actually use tactics to gain advantage and attack other groups or gather together to take our larger or more skilled forces, that makes for good PvP.

I love it when the less talented gather up and zerg and then you see how many dozens of them you can kill before they take your team down, if they even succeed at that, while roaming and clashing with other organized teams who aren't completely prep'd for you to fight them in a little open room.

Being the best in PvP to a dueler is 'having the best class/class combo' and a better computer rig to win there duel. To those that I consider good PvPers, its about teamwork and being successful with the randomness of open world combat.

"A contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor."

That is a duel. Arena wouldn't be 1v1 would it? What you discribe is world pvp on a balanced server. There aren't any. Further more, what does your post have to do with the thread? Dueling is already In the game....

PVP or player versus player can mean any number of things. If you are pitted in some way against another human being you are participating in player versus player gameplay.

What you describe as PVP is just one way it can manifest itself, but it is not the only way. To throw away the idea of arenas as not being "true" PVP because it is not what appeals to you most is ridiculous. Duels and arena are just as much a valid form of PVP as any other.

On topic yes I would like to see it implemented, it is generally fast and fun and it is always nice to have more options.

I like that this imlpies arena is some how not the same old grind.

well he is right imo, but like someone said, ranked wz are inc, if they are like in wow it will be funny, premade vs premade with ranking gaining/losing, it will make the game competitive, well just hope :D Edited by Adeonn

+ Internets for you

As long as the gear or rewards for arena don't influence the game like they did WoW, I see no problem with it. If you don't like it, don't play it. Those that do? They will.

Yeah, the only rewards should be titles. Play for fun, bragging rights, ect...not gear.

Maybe this game is not for you. PvP for the sake of PvP holds no interest for you? You need to be rewarded...a gold star...to feel accomplished? Find a different game and move on.

Will you have fun running around the same worlds you've already been to and killing mobs for no reason? Delete your gear too! Does the game hold any interest? Flawless logic!