Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

Lol Snipers/Gunslingers aren't the least feared.. how many of you seriously leave them till last to kill in a multi class fight? If you do then you are ****, they have huge damage and will wipe your team if you leave them till last. If they are any good that is.

I love when people ignore me so so much.

On the other hand if they don't I'm pretty dead pretty fast

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most feared? Sorcerers/Sages. Great damage, most CC/Knockbacks/Stuns out of all classes, Shields, Heals, Spring, everything.

Least feared? Sentinals/Marauders. I never seen any and when I do they tend to die a lot and not accomplish anything.

you must play with noobs. a good mara will decimate anyone.

I definately dont agree snipers/ gunslinger belong at the bottom of the list .

i mean look at the damage this dude can put out:

http://i.imgur.com/YQNjf.jpg

Yeah and their team still lost at Huttball. Only 40 kills with that much damage?

Sniper looks either lethality spec or engineering spec with probably lots of AOE damage to pad the meters. It's one thing to put out amazing amounts of damage, it's another to actually provide effective burst damage where it counts, especially in PvP.

You just proved the Sniper/Gunslinger class is lacking in PvP and when rated WZ's come out, few of the top teams will bring them in their current state.

Sorcerer / Sage

Juggernaut / Guardian

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Assassin / Shadow

Operative / Scoundrel

Sniper / Gunslinger

I would have put Op/Scoundrel a few spots higher on the list if they weren't the weakest class in Huttball right now.

Edited by Ich_Bin

Seeing how much ppl are playing sorc/sage, and that only a few people are fearing snipers... well. That's strange. Cuz any decent marksman sniper or gunslinger can kill a sorc/sage in less than 5s.

But i agree that the sniper/gs has almost 0 survivability once focused by two or more people, except if they stack like dumbs and get flashed

• 3 weeks later...
I love when people ignore me so so much.

On the other hand if they don't I'm pretty dead pretty fast

On my merc or PT, I like to drop DFA on sniper/slingers- 99% of the time they see the logo on the ground then freak out and get up out of cover which makes them easier to kill. On my operative, most sniper/slingers place that debuff on me (forget what it's called), I proceed to wipe it and LOS them, vanish and greet them with a HS/backstab.

IMO it's either marauder/sentinal or sniper/slinger that takes the most skill to play. The least is obviously sorc/sage.

Edited by Sookster

Sniper looks either lethality spec or engineering spec with probably lots of AOE damage to pad the meters. It's one thing to put out amazing amounts of damage, it's another to actually provide effective burst damage where it counts, especially in PvP.

This is exactly the case.

Snipers end the round with a ton of AoE damage and nobody killed.

We're good at slowing the ball carrier, dropping armor so that better classes can kill people, and being easy targets for operatives.

This is exactly the case.

Snipers end the round with a ton of AoE damage and nobody killed.

We're good at slowing the ball carrier, dropping armor so that better classes can kill people, and being easy targets for operatives.

I'll take it over the squishy MM spec that kills a few lone n00bs not in any position to do anything anyway.

lethality can still output 450-550k dmg warzones...regardless of how that damage is spread i'll take it anyday over some average MM dude dropping 190k total damage with a few solo kills because he managed to find a few confused n00bs with **** gear.

Not sure why newbies complain about high damage, it's still 500k dmg that had to be healed...that's a considerable amount. If you factor in opportunity cost that healers are using to heal it while not healing other people being bursted down ill take it.

Edited by Kurfer

Snipers sorely lack utility. Yes, they can do some dmg, and yes it's somewhat handy to be immune from charge/grapple in cover, but they're just not scary or annoying in any way.

The sorc has so much going for him re. utility. Atleast they're squishy.

Sorc & tank assasin team is killing us in huttball on my server. But atleast I'm thoroughly annoying them with my Powertech half the time =)

Best to worst in competitive play (IMO):

Marauder / Sentinel

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Juggernaut / Guardian

Operative / Scoundrel

Sniper / Gunslinger

But! Operative healers come in first in terms of healing for PvP.

Edited by GemG

• 4 months later...
whats a class thats usually pretty bad in pvp, but if played well can do good? looks to me like a lot of people are describing gunslinger that way, also guardians. operatives seems to be people dont think they can even do anything at all from what i gather. just wondering cus i like a challenge. melee ranged whatever i dont discriminate. Edited by Jedikillar

Most useless class is commando/mercenary - they do OK as healers but they do not bring anything specials to the table - everything they can do, another class can do better. There are some great commando players out there but they would be a lot more efficient with a different class.

whats a class thats usually pretty bad in pvp, but if played well can do good? looks to me like a lot of people are describing gunslinger that way, also guardians. operatives seems to be people dont think they can even do anything at all from what i gather. just wondering cus i like a challenge. melee ranged whatever i dont discriminate.

YOU'RE the Necromancer! Burn the witch!

Edited by Daiyukie