I'm On An RP Server For A Reason...

sevalaricgirl

Are some people really that obnoxious? Hell yes!

People are on an RP server for a reason. If they did PVP, they'd be on a PVP server or in a pvp quest not standing on Courescant waiting for their T7-01. Asking once to duel is fine but for pity's sake don't ask four times when you've already been turned down. In fact, the game shouldn't let the opposing player keep asking and what the heck are you doing on an RP-PVE server. If you wanted to PVP, you should have chosen a PVP server.

I want to enjoy the game not be hounded by some guy who thinks it's fun to harass a jedi sentinel into dueling. You know who you are. One more thing, this is an RP server. Being in role means that a jedi is not going to fight just for the hell of it. Lay off.

Okay, I'll get down from my soap box. I'm really enjoying the game and if I weren't in role, I would have gutted the guy. Too bad we can't use jedi mind tricks and say "You won't ask me that again."

I'm also on RP server because I like to RP and also because I generally find the population a little bit more mature.

I also like to pvp but I dont like to pvp on pvp server because of the grief it generally causes. Mostly WZ and maybe world pvp but controlled in a way that I choose when to participate.

Sounds like you met an idiot. There are some on every server. If someone challenges me to duel I will generally decline unless I feel like doing pvp. If after declining I get another request then I send a tell saying I'm not interested. Third time its automatic /ignore and turn on auto reject.

I also like to pvp but I dont like to pvp on pvp server because of the grief it generally causes.
I'm on an RP-PVP server and I haven't seen much griefing at all.

The way open-world PVP is set up, particularly on the lower- and mid-level planets, the two sides have separate quest areas (outside of bonus series). You can travel to the other side's areas, but it is a bit of an inconvenience with no in-game reward, so most people looking for PVP go to warzones and Ilum.

I've rarely run into level 50s in the field. Most encounters have been with one or two people around the same level as me. Even if you are defeated, there is no death penalty -- at worst you have to walk back to where you were.

As a side note, I find that having companions involved can help make for an interesting PVP experience in random encounters.

Are some people really that obnoxious? Hell yes!

People are on an RP server for a reason. If they did PVP, they'd be on a PVP server or in a pvp quest not standing on Courescant waiting for their T7-01. Asking once to duel is fine but for pity's sake don't ask four times when you've already been turned down. In fact, the game shouldn't let the opposing player keep asking and what the heck are you doing on an RP-PVE server. If you wanted to PVP, you should have chosen a PVP server.

I want to enjoy the game not be hounded by some guy who thinks it's fun to harass a jedi sentinel into dueling. You know who you are. One more thing, this is an RP server. Being in role means that a jedi is not going to fight just for the hell of it. Lay off.

Okay, I'll get down from my soap box. I'm really enjoying the game and if I weren't in role, I would have gutted the guy. Too bad we can't use jedi mind tricks and say "You won't ask me that again."

Shien has a pretty nice RPer population for an RP server. Too many people there that are only there for the "Mature crowd" though, which bothers me a little. I understand the want to escape the crowds of trolls on normal/pvp servers, but they make the RP server worse a little by not really contributing to the RP population. Translated into English, this means that I've actually seen people RPing. That cannot be said for every RP server :/

How's your server's RP population? If it's good enough I might make an alt there and keep an eye out for you :)

Edited by Jellison

True Jedi would pick the glove up anytime.

Op does not want to accept the challenge because loosing would burst her/his bubble.

Op have chosen the RP server for a reason.

Op is a Care Bear.

There is nothing wrong with being non confrontational on the RP serv.

Edited by Avenox

Shien has a pretty nice RPer population for an RP server. Too many people there that are only there for the "Mature crowd" though, which bothers me a little. I understand the want to escape the crowds of trolls on normal/pvp servers, but they make the RP server worse a little by not really contributing to the RP population. Translated into English, this means that I've actually seen people RPing. That cannot be said for every RP server :/

How's your server's RP population? If it's good enough I might make an alt there and keep an eye out for you :)

I'm on The Ebon Hawk and it's excellent. Most people are great and are role playing and it's fun. We mostly get along fine (Republic side, haven't done much on the Imperial side). We're always ready to help someone in group even if we don't know the person. That is just what we do. If we see someone near a heroic spot, we will ask and when asked we will respond. I'm very happy that I picked this server.

Also, I didn't know that there was an auto decline. I'll have to look for that.

True Jedi would pick the glove up anytime.

Op does not want to accept the challenge because loosing would burst her/his bubble.

Op have chosen the RP server for a reason.

Op is a Care Bear.

There is nothing wrong with being non confrontational on the RP serv.

You are full of it! I don't PVP because I don't want to PVP. I play an mmorpg to get into the role and to group friendly and no a jedi would NOT fight for the hell of it. That's plain stupid.

I chose the RP server because I love role playing games, 700 hrs in Skyrim, hello! And call me what you must, but as a jedi, I uphold the jedi credance.

"There is nothing wrong with being non confrontational on the RP serv" Did you read what you wrote. PVP is confrontational, not non confrontational.

'Nuff said!

In my opinion RP and PVP go hand in hand.

If I'm supposed to be acting how my character would act, how could I not accept a challenge from my enemy? Unless I'm roleplaying a coward?

Wrong, jedi do what is asked of them. They do not fight an imperial just because he's on the street. Ridiculous.

Turn that duel into an RP event. I walked into the Cantina on Nar Shadaa. I RP'd being an unsure Padawan that felt uncomfortable in the presence of so many sith. One sith, in particular, ran up and challenged me - no RP, nothing. But I accepted his duel.

He beat me, mind you. I was level 28, and he was level 34 - and I also was heals, so I didn't expect a Padawan healer to beat a full-sith. But once my character did the motion for loss, I RP'd that I was jumped (because it makes sense) and fought back - though I didn't win. Surprisingly, the same person that challenged me, also RP'd when I fell.

They were good RP'ers, but some people have different ways of introducing themselves. You need to accept that and play with them, not against them.