Casuals cry Nerf to high skill cap players{HD Vid Evidence}

Powerr

lol? Aren't you the one claiming Shadows are so underpowered?

Everything is pro with a healer on your back. The only time i did over 250k damage in **** gear as a Veng Jug was when I had a pocket healer.

I'm not saying he's wrong but you can't say much about balance and casuals when you got a healer glued to your ***. And considering how idiotically easy healing is, yeah, people might get the idea they are good.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well...technically there is a list of over 30-40 abilities that are not mirrored/benefit empire

80% of statistics and facts are made on the spot. Including this one.

Proof please, I want a list of the 30-40 abilities that benefit empire.

Everything is pro with a healer on your back. The only time i did over 250k damage in **** gear as a Veng Jug was when I had a pocket healer.

I'm not saying he's wrong but you can't say much about balance and casuals when you got a healer glued to your ***. And considering how idiotically easy healing is, yeah, people might get the idea they are good.

Really?

Healing in PvP is "idiotically easy"?

I was not aware of that.

Hell, this game doesn't even have cast @mouseover as far as I have been able to determine

Really?

Healing in PvP is "idiotically easy"?

I was not aware of that.

Hell, this game doesn't even have cast @mouseover as far as I have been able to determine

Ok, let me rephrase that - POCKET healing is idiotically easy. Obviously healing skillcap has degraded since I last play a healer so ok, I'll give you that. But running after one guy and spamming heals till his or her healt bar is full, and even then, if you think that's not "idiotically easy" then get a damn clue.

devs have numbers. Devs make their balancing decisions based on numbers. People can whine all they like, but it won't cause changes - while constructive feedback is useful to them, they don't look to the forums to determine if there is a problem.

That's the way it is here, regardless of how it may have been elsewhere.

qft

qft

qft

Ok, let me rephrase that - POCKET healing is idiotically easy. Obviously healing skillcap has degraded since I last play a healer so ok, I'll give you that. But running after one guy and spamming heals till his or her healt bar is full, and even then, if you think that's not "idiotically easy" then get a damn clue.

Well, OK, pocket healing in a premade is easier than being thrown into a wz with a bucket of monkeys and trying to keep them all alive, point taken.

DPS can also be a lot easier in a premade, though, esp if you use coms and focus target hot keys correctly.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164411&highlight=mirror

more where that came from... hold for a moment

Thank god they fixed the actual talents and cooldown problems. All the problems with animations are more important than people think though. I had a merciless slash start the animation, go on cooldown and used my focus but then do no damage because I got stunned before the animation finished.

As far as win % for empire goes. There are far more empire per server than republic. When the win percentage was released, I wonder if they added in Huttball wins when empire played against empire. Because from what I hear, you empire play a TON of huttball. I bet a lot of that is empire vs empire. I also bet that bioware added those wins to the total percentage of wins. Just a guess though.

Nice Vid Powerr, just disappointed I wasn't in it. :(

Anchorhead republic owns you.

Thanks for the video..

I also noticed that you did some awesome burst damage on 1:25, which is actually more than what people have been whining about with scoundrels..

I assure you it hardly ever happens, I managed to have the red damage orb, with all cooldowns popped on a squishy marauder.

Although I can hit a lot higher, when Honour is ACTUALLY IN DAMN RANGE FOR INSPIRATION

is it true should we truly nerf classes because good players are "owning casuals too quickly"

No Dont nerf the class just put brackets into top end pvp, using valor levels or something. In your video (1:25) you done 14,400ish damage in under 3sec to what looked like a "casual" player. Id says thats not fair and is making the game very boring for that person to play.

let's hope so, but how can you prove that

because I refuse to believe they told the truth with the empire 53% win rate

When i talk to my empire friends on the server they say they win 90%+

So how am i to believe?

that may be true but i solo que my server all of the time.

im sitting at 58 valor

que up for about 15-20 games a day

and lose maybe 1 or 2 games (not counting games that i end up joining at the end because of leavers)

that may be true but i solo que my server all of the time.

im sitting at 58 valor

que up for about 15-20 games a day

and lose maybe 1 or 2 games (not counting games that i end up joining at the end because of leavers)

I do the same and have the same ratio when I solo but when you're sitting in the fleet and hear people QQing 'I can't get a win for the life of me' you start to think differently

Devs have numbers. Devs make their balancing decisions based on numbers.

Really then why did the ilum patch go in after everyone said it was a really bad idea?

There not even balanced in the aspect of PVE, alot of these broken aspects had been pointed out over and over during closed beta and ignored.

Summery: everything they have done thus far shows your incorrect.

Firstly this is a controversial thread title, I do not claim to be good, I'm geared, I kill people, thats about it

is it true should we truly nerf classes because good players are "owning casuals too quickly"

lets begin discussion after watching this as evidence

I personally think that QQ on the forums should be actual relevant data with backed up evidence.

Keep note link is all battlemaster except boots and one relic

No need to click the link but thats how PvP is in every game.

Casuals typically are the people crying for a nerf.

People complaining on these forums (pvp) are mostly non level 50 or if thye are 50 they aren't geared.

Nice Video. Running around killing people without healers doesn't mean you need a nerf it means your opponent needs better team comps.

As a healer myself I know first hand just how much of a difference it makes. Geared or not.

let's hope so, but how can you prove that

because I refuse to believe they told the truth with the empire 53% win rate

When i talk to my empire friends on the server they say they win 90%+

So how am i to believe?

You don't believe a player on their W/L rate, ever, unless they have statistics, that they didn't make, to back it up.

In my old WOW guild we had a guy bragging about his 80% win rate. So, I checked. It was 60%. Say, how often do you show up for premade nights? People always, always overrate their ability and by extension their W/L.

Unless everyone is Qing up in premades they aren't producing anything close to that kind of W/L rate.

Maybe its cause I play an assassin and not a shadow but I seem to never see you discharge? Thats free damage O.o also your timing is very poor with your force shroud but that doesn't matter since you are not show casing your skill here right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.