From a returning customer: thanks for proving me wrong!

Stonedsoul

Not so long ago I was one of those posters creating an annoying thread explaining why I was quitting. I loved the game but the ability delays completely destroyed any enjoyment I could have gotten out of an otherwise great game. My faith in MMO designers (and most game designers rly... *cough bethesda*) has been slowly desintergrated over the past 10 years, to the point where I saw these problems as a deal breaker.

Well I still read patch notes when I'm bored. Saw the line on greatly improved ability delays and decided wth, nothing else to do, lets give it a shot.

BW, thank you. I have been proven completely wrong. I am not saying everything is perfect now, it never will be, but the game is suddently FUN!!!

/Biodrone mode off :p

My faith in MMO designers (and most game designers rly... *cough bethesda*) has been slowly desintergrated over the past 10 years, to the point where I saw these problems as a deal breaker.

QFT... Man, with all the QQ going on around here I can't even imagine what this same group would do on the Skyrim forums if they were TES fans...

Not so long ago I was one of those posters creating an annoying thread explaining why I was quitting. I loved the game but the ability delays completely destroyed any enjoyment I could have gotten out of an otherwise great game. My faith in MMO designers (and most game designers rly... *cough bethesda*) has been slowly desintergrated over the past 10 years, to the point where I saw these problems as a deal breaker.

Well I still read patch notes when I'm bored. Saw the line on greatly improved ability delays and decided wth, nothing else to do, lets give it a shot.

BW, thank you. I have been proven completely wrong. I am not saying everything is perfect now, it never will be, but the game is suddently FUN!!!

The game's been out like 35 days and you've already quit and comeback once?

It's nice that you enjoy the game again.

Props for being able to swallow your pride and apologize. You don't see that often.

Except the ability delay issue is still there.

Seeing as how there are a lot of different side to this problem, I guess I got lucky then. Personally, my performance has been improved a lot (my problem related to the delay caused on dual core machines in particular). I just hope you get to see your issues fixed asap, as I am in a perfect position to understand how frustrating it can be :D

You quit on quitting!.... shameful.

What’s the world coming to when you can’t hold someone to a rage-quit forum post in an MMO.

Hahah I ain't no rage-quitter. I loved a lot of things in this game, but the delay simply meant the gameplay was not that enjoyable for me. I was simply waiting on a fix to resub, but expected to be still waiting in april, not to hear of fixes within a few weeks.

Edited by Stonedsoul

To be quite honest with you, I never really did suffer from ability delay. I was playing weeks before this supposed patch-fix. The game is different in that some animations are slow - and the desired effect may not be applied immediately upon button press. This is the design of the ability, though, and not some failure in engine optimization or priority.

The ONLY two things I've honestly noticed is that sometimes an ability will fail to correctly trigger on the first button push. This seems to have gone away. The other is that some abilities fail to apply their effect, but still undergo an animation sequence. For example, sometimes if I activate Ravage too quickly after Force Leap, my character will animate the Ravage sequence but not be doing any damage, and the ability itself is not used up / does not go on cooldown. Unfortunately, this still happens even after the patch.

To be quite honest with you, I never really did suffer from ability delay. I was playing weeks before this supposed patch-fix. The game is different in that some animations are slow - and the desired effect may not be applied immediately upon button press. This is the design of the ability, though, and not some failure in engine optimization or priority.

The ONLY two things I've honestly noticed is that sometimes an ability will fail to correctly trigger on the first button push. This seems to have gone away. The other is that some abilities fail to apply their effect, but still undergo an animation sequence. For example, sometimes if I activate Ravage too quickly after Force Leap, my character will animate the Ravage sequence but not be doing any damage, and the ability itself is not used up / does not go on cooldown. Unfortunately, this still happens even after the patch.

You got lucky hehe. My entire game had been acting like it was running at 1k+ ping, but showed me at 50 ms. I would click a key and the animation would start until 0.5-1 sec into the GCD. Because of the animation having priority over the UI, that would in turn mean that I had to wait 1 sec after the GCD was done to use a 2nd skill, resulting in 2-2.5 sec "instant" casts.

Played all evening/night, havnt had that problem once yet. Jubilating :D

Except the ability delay issue is still there.

And so are you yet you spout nothing but rubbish day in and day out. Do you sub to many games that you hate? Problem is, the ability delay is all but gone and you know it.