(Challenge)SHOW ME PROOF!

Rippitup

Sure, I saw that, but champ gives significantly more stats than orange gear. His main weapon was also orange and missed out on a chunk of attack rating.

Good eye, yes i just noticed that myself.. tsk tsk.. along with just waiting for 1 or 2 abilities to use rather than the full deck.. bad video is bad.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand nerfing the opener. The nerf to acid blade is just.....strange because our out of stealth damage is frankly terrible.

Nerf the opener, buff our non-opener damage. Current problem is that our dmg ramps down from our opener; weaken the opener and people with have less to complain about. Hell, bioware could remove the opener and give us something akin to the assassin's as long as we can do decent out of stealth dmg; stealth, open, stealth is derpy.

1. I don't think ops/scoundrels really needed the nerf. I don't play one and probably never will, as I suck at stealthing (lack of patience). I play a sage, so they hurt me like hell, but I think that's the way it is suppose to be. Either I pop s**t really fast and run like hell, rooting the bastard away from me or I die. Simple. I wear robes. He has a knife. You do the math :).

2. Excluding adrenals, stims and trinkets is pointless. I'd just like to point that out. Mainly because stealthers choose the moment they strike. The initiative is on their side 99% of the time. They stealth to you, they open the fight. You need to react, but can't really act, right? So they will always have their buffs up or won't start the fight. It's that simple.

Sorry to hear you're getting nerfed, I personally considered well played ops a real pain in the butt, but that's how it should be.

Regards,

Kalantris

Good eye, yes i just noticed that myself.. tsk tsk.. along with just waiting for 1 or 2 abilities to use rather than the full deck.. bad video is bad.

Yep...

1. His armor is much worse

2. He is against a tank-specced Jugg in tanking gear (46% dr and whatever else mitigation he has) and what I imagine is a fortitude stim active

4.No item-buff usage

5. Presses keys as fast as my grandma

He basically gimps himself in that video (or he really is bad).

Edited by kckkryptonite

the fact that most geared lvl 50's are sitting at 18-22K hp with 500-600 exp.

Didn't realize geared meant full battlemasters :( Because those are the stats for exactly that. And I don't even think you can go 600 expertise even WITH full battlemasters.

MOST guys, come on, MOST GEARED PEOPLE ARE SUPER GEARED.

Yep...

1. His armor is much worse

2. He is against a tank-specced Jugg in tanking gear (46% dr and whatever else mitigation he has) and what I imagine is a fortitude stim active

4.No item-buff usage

5. Presses keys as fast as my grandma

He basically gimps himself in that video (or he really is bad).

And as an added iffy question, we have no idea on the stats the orange weapon has. For all we know it could be level 1 gear. No no, i say redo it with a purple.

Didn't realize geared meant full battlemasters :( Because those are the stats for exactly that. And I don't even think you can go 600 expertise even WITH full battlemasters.

MOST guys, come on, MOST GEARED PEOPLE ARE SUPER GEARED.

I only have 3 BM pieces and I'm at 622, but expertise is sort of a moot point since it increases attack and defense.

However, attack buffs vs. defensive buffs will always favor the Op since the target can't pre-emptively buff against a stealth who opens with a 3s knockdown.

Edited by kckkryptonite

What people don't understand is that burst damage single target killing machines don't have any place in this game. You take an operative, a four second stun and add a bounty hunter with 3 tracer missile casts and it's not hard to imagine the end result. Damage is overall too high and crowd control is too prevalent in this game already.

Yet here we are 6 pages later and no one has given another video that shows anything different on live servers. Sorry the person in the vid cant just magically equip BM gear for you to see.

Point is(which was pointed out in the original post) that a geared tank is not being dropped to sub 30% in the opener...what a shocker. Lastly they were trying to show the damage of our most common attacks.

Yet here we are 6 pages later and no one has given another video that shows anything different on live servers. Sorry the person in the vid cant just magically equip BM gear for you to see.

Point is(which was pointed out in the original post) that a geared tank is not being dropped to sub 30% in the opener...what a shocker. Lastly they were trying to show the damage of our most common attacks.

You cant provide a vid, you wont accept others vids.. good sire i say you are talking out your *** at this point.

Lets just ignore the fact that he "opened" twice using a major cd, and the ability that everyone is going into a foaming rager about hit for 3500. Lets also ignore the fact that most geared lvl 50's are sitting at 18-22K hp with 500-600 exp. Lastly, lets ignore the ability of the receipient to activate an ability that will let him reflect damage and reduce incoming damage by 99% as soon as he stood up.

I'm a full champ juggernaut and HP maxes out at 20k HP WITH a rakata endurance stim. the juggernaut in the vid is wearing PVE armor which would boost his HP significantly compared to PVP armor which would give him more expertise. And unless he's a marauder which he's not he doesn't have those abilities. No juggernaut has a ability that reflects dmg and the reduced dmg is only 50% except for the first 2 seconds where its 100%. That ability is called saber ward and its on a 3 minute timer. His unstun tricket is on a 2 minute timer. Fact is if it was a real fight he'd have to blow 2 very long cooldown abilities to counter your 1. And you can stealth away and heal which he can't.

Fact still remain. He was taken down a significant amount VERY fast and wasting very little energy. This is done on your own with no help.

And as an added iffy question, we have no idea on the stats the orange weapon has. For all we know it could be level 1 gear. No no, i say redo it with a purple.

I dont know...I amgine it is the orange pvp weapon, but I cant say for sure. You must be in serious denial if you think someone would equip a lvl 1 orange weapon and make a video of them attacking a tank.

Like i said, its not all about one video, but since no one else has any supporting evidence, this is all we have to go off of besides the nice stories...

Dude the guy that posted the video is the OP, I guess he was being sarcastic

He is also severely biased.

I have seen my scoundrel friends, play beside me and they can get ppl to 35-40% in the opener easy.

People like you are the issue. Read the fraking post man. We want EVIDENCE. Not your opinion. Show us a vid of this happening or ****.

Oh wait, you cant can you.

I'm tempted to reinstall to make a vid, I can drop people in my opening burst but it is by no means guaranteed and pvp is group based so if the target is part of a good group they will get protected (healed, guarded, rescued, me cc'd etc).

The video posted wasn't made by the OP. I found it on the Operative forums. Its' sole point is showing the damage of the opener. So whatever he presses after that might as well be his friggin fast travel for all I care.

It was to show that a 3,5K crit is what Ops dish out on juggs without any adrenals. He also made THIS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtEeMg2YJ4

Same guy VS a naked player (no gear). Top crit 5K - WITH Relic pop.

So; This is just to show the opener that people complain his for 8K every single time and one shots them. Yeah, sure.

And to everyone who claims that Bioware looked at the numbers... Yeah, on their bank statement. The have to nerf Ops, otherwise they risk to loose 60% of their players. Sorcerers.

5% Ops

60% Sorcerers

Screw the Ops!

To get back on topic: Back from lunch, was expecting a video with some proof. Still nothing. How about that?

The video posted wasn't made by the OP. I found it on the Operative forums. Its' sole point is showing the damage of the opener. So whatever he presses after that might as well be his friggin fast travel for all I care.

It was to show that a 3,5K crit is what Ops dish out on juggs without any adrenals. He also made THIS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtEeMg2YJ4

Same guy VS a naked player (no gear). Top crit 5K - WITH Relic pop.

So; This is just to show the opener that people complain his for 8K every single time and one shots them. Yeah, sure.

And to everyone who claims that Bioware looked at the numbers... Yeah, on their bank statement. The have to nerf Ops, otherwise they risk to loose 60% of their players. Sorcerers.

5% Ops

60% Sorcerers

Screw the Ops!

To get back on topic: Back from lunch, was expecting a video with some proof. Still nothing. How about that?

I lol'd so hard at your awesome statistical proof.

I lol'd so hard at your awesome statistical proof.

Err, did you think those were accurate numbers? In that way they were written? Jesus christ, no wonder these forums are so whack.

EDIT: Can someone just post a video already? This is getting Redonkulous!

Edited by Lushbits

Dude the guy that posted the video is the OP, I guess he was being sarcastic

He is also severely biased.

I have seen my scoundrel friends, play beside me and they can get ppl to 35-40% in the opener easy.

I have merc, sorcs, assassin, jugg and sniper friends who can do the same. Turns out it not limited to scoundrels. 20% nerf to everyone!!!!