Petition to NEVER implement Arenas!

rzrknight

You In for disappoint arenas are the inevitable

Outcome for pvp in this game

That's right their coming

And theres nothing you can do about it

Nothing

Find me where they said they will add in the future arenas. Cause i remember they saying they would implement a lot of stuff , yet , i dont record arenas being in the list.

They never do cause the arena QQ will continue until they have a better gear than the people that only play wz , so if ya dont want that i advise ya join and cut the arenas as a whole.

First, your answer and questions means you never played arena, ever, on a high level.

Its not about gear, its about the competition. In the end, in Arenas, everyone up there have same gear. It just boils down to skill AND class choice. More often then not, Class choice is more important then skill.

I dont need Arenas in SWTOR. If there was, I would play it for sure. But I would not want any gear from it. Just give me merc badges and Ill be fine.

I just think that many of the top players would stay out of warzones though.

Maybe thats nice for the less geared out there?

In the end. I think they should focus on warzones and make Ilium interesting.

No need for Arenas in a game.

Warhammer online was a 90% PVP game and it had no Arenas. And the PVP was awsome.

Number 1 raiders dont get an opinion on PvP you guys already ruined what MMOs are suppose to be.

And on my personal note, WHO CARE. Arenas in NO WAY effect anyone that choose not to do them. If your BIGGEST complaint is the fact that they will have better gear then you thats just dumb and to that I think I will start my own petition.

anyone who played wow would disagree with this statement. if you wanted to pvp you were forced into arenas. even worse arenas forced people into one specific spec that you HAD to use. even the worst pvp tree could be useful in battlegrounds, whereas if you did not play as X spec of your tree NOBODY will play with you in arenas, regardless of your skill.

if arenas could be implement in a way to avoid the many pitfalls that occured in wow, i would put my full support behind arenas. but as it is i am leery about implementing arenas without some concrete ground rules.

Edited by Ryotknife

Arena as a concept has a lot to offer this game. It all depends on implementation. Like, only one rated bracket, arena not being the only path to top tier pvp gear, and being willing to balance things differently in pvp/pve. Devs have shown they are willing to do that with tank taunts so I think it could actually work in this game.

ohh...and poeple talking about WOW

besides being clearly sub 2400 rated palyers and therefore not' having a single clue about' pvp..let' me enlighten you:

1-BLIZARD ONLY SAID THEY REGRET ARENAS BECAUSE IT WILL ALLWAYS BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO BALANCE ARENAS+PVE AT SAME TIME...and t'hat's t'he only reason..WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW before you talk about' stuff you dont know....else WHY WOULD BLIZZ STILL HOLD REGIONALS AND WORLD CHAMPS?!?!?!

2-ATM IN WOW ITS EASIER TO OBTAIN GEAR THROUGH RATED BATTLEGROUNDS!!!JUST CHEK THE RATING/POINTS RATION...a 2300 BG RATED PERSON(wich you can get' in 1 afternoon w.it'h a good t'eam) GETS 3k ARENA POINTS.....2300 3x3= 2200 point's...SUUUUP

3-BIOWARE CONFIRMED RATED WZ IN MARCH...w.hat' makes you think that if u CANT get' good ratings in ARENAS..you w.ill EVER get' them in warzones..lol

The person ranting in all red caps is the perfect example of why most people do not want arena in this game.

Seriously - dude - your post speaks volumes more then I could ever convey.

i will be stomping clueless scrubs like yourself w.hen w.e get' rated arenas...or if not'...in rated warzones...and with that..I WILL have better gear available..MAD?stay small

/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed/signed.

Oh and, uhm...arena lovers? This article up there in the linky...that's what I believe you "leet kiddies" refer to as, I believe, "pwnage". And please take note; it's Rob Pardo speaking, one of the major bigwigs at Blizzard...not some nameless, faceless, anonymous developer.

Face it; arenas are a mistake. They'll never happen in SWTOR.

People who are against arena are either 1.) Pve players or 2.) Really bad at arena. Wether they add arena or not doesn't really matter to me. I love pvp as a whole and just enjoy killing other players. So if it's arena or wzs I'm still gonna dominate. It is funny tho...if u remember when rated bgs was about to be added and all the bg heroes said the top arena players were gonna get dominated...yea the top arena players dominated the latter in rated bgs as well.

The point is it doesn't matter if it's rated arenas or rated warzones. If you're bad your still gonna get **** on by people better than you.

Oh and, uhm...arena lovers? This article up there in the linky...that's what I believe you "leet kiddies" refer to as, I believe, "pwnage". And please take note; it's Rob Pardo speaking, one of the major bigwigs at Blizzard...not some nameless, faceless, anonymous developer.

Face it; arenas are a mistake. They'll never happen in SWTOR.

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF A BADDIE THAT ALLWAYS FAILED AT ARENAS OR COMPETITIVE PVP...

i ALLREADY explained once..IF YOU WATCH THE WHOLE INTERVIEW...AND THE AFTERMATH INTERVIEW ABOUT THAT TOPIC HE SAID THAT THE COMMENT ABOUT ARENAS WAS SPECIFICALY BECAUSE IT BECAME HARD FOR THEM TO BALANCE BOTH PVP AND PVE!!NOT EBCAUSE ARENAS ARE BAD IN ANY WAY...so st'ay small scrub and L2P

Hello everyone.

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We ask that you please do not create petition threads which only consist of replies or content saying /signed.

These types of threads are not constructive discussion. We welcome your feedback and suggestions, provided they are constructive, on topic and related to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

As there is no room for constructive discussion in this thread, we are going to close it.

Please feel free to post your constructive suggestions here in our suggestion box forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Thank you.