Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been noticing it today as well. Presumably because of server load. It's not as bad as it used to be for me back at launch, but it's still not acceptable for an MMO.

Lol. This post is still going? Though a good troll post, just let it die already.

Not at all. Of course i play on a monster gaming rig, so i typically dont have issues.

I will see your monster gaming rig and raise you one of my own. 16 Gigs of ram, Intel i7-3930K CPU 3.20 GHz 6 Core Processor, Nvidea GeForce GTX 680, 2TB Hard Drive, Intel DX-79T0 Motherboard...this game can not touch my PC with all graphics on full...even with 400 players on an open world PvP war....

Solo play or Flashpoints should not be causing my issues.

Has nothing to do with your gaming rig...I think you simply just have not paid enough attention.

Edited by Wraiven

Not at all. Of course i play on a monster gaming rig, so i typically dont have issues.

Complete troll. Ability delay never left it just got a little better. Its beenworse for quite some time. Your gaming rig has nothing to do with it its most likely all the server side lag. btw i7 2600k 16gb of ram 6970 and an SSD. I think my rig is fine.

Edit: LOL. Just looked at his sig. "1% qq is interrupted by the 99% cheers". Fanboi alert.

Edited by Kazaganthis

To be fair this is a reasonable post to continually re-necro and I dont consider it trolling.

The truth is that the issue remains and whilst it remains then this thread continues to be ligitimate, better this thread re-animated than numerous ones.

I'd like to see a developer dialogue on this issue and what are the thoughts amongst the devs about why this happens and what can be done.

At the risk of blasphemy, the WOW responsiveness is flawless (as i recall) and I'd be interested in understanding why it is flawless but the SWTOR UI is so far from it?

I'm looking forward to this threads eventual funeral, however, that can only happen when the issue itself dies.

Complete troll. Ability delay never left it just got a little better. Its beenworse for quite some time. Your gaming rig has nothing to do with it its most likely all the server side lag. btw i7 2600k 16gb of ram 6970 and an SSD. I think my rig is fine.

Lol if i was you i would go play something else. You continue to sub to a game that your rig cant handle? Logic is strong with this one.

Ill continue to sub and play this awesome game.

Klarick

FOUNDER

Edited by Klarick

Lol if i was you i would go play something else. You continue to sub to a game that your rig cant handle? Logic is strong with this one.

Ill continue to sub and play this awesome game.

Klarick

FOUNDER

My "rig" cant handle this game? LOL. Someone knows nothing of computers.

I completely lost track of this thread but i have brought the issue back during the last month.

The issue is much better but theres still loss of global cooldowns when spamming abilities and i really, really want to see that fixed once and for all. It would be alot happier with the game if that happened. Wether that means means waiting for an expansion or a remaking of the game in a diferent engine. It just needs to be fixed or SWTOR will forever be chocked by this in its potencial.

I have brought it up on the state of the game thread with the devs, dunno if it will be brought to them or not.

Edited by Nemmar

To be fair this is a reasonable post to continually re-necro and I dont consider it trolling.

The truth is that the issue remains and whilst it remains then this thread continues to be ligitimate, better this thread re-animated than numerous ones.

I'd like to see a developer dialogue on this issue and what are the thoughts amongst the devs about why this happens and what can be done.

At the risk of blasphemy, the WOW responsiveness is flawless (as i recall) and I'd be interested in understanding why it is flawless but the SWTOR UI is so far from it?

I'm looking forward to this threads eventual funeral, however, that can only happen when the issue itself dies.

Well said. A dev update would be greatly appreciated.

As for hardware being the cause - it isn't. I also play with a high-end rig and still notice the delay:

i7 @3.4

Two 2GB GTX 560 Ti's in SLI

16GB RAM

240 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

Obviously...next he will be saying my rig can't handle this game.

I play the game just fine. You do not. Hmmm. Maybe ensure your drivers are up to date. I dont know much of your computer skills, but i will be nice and try to help you out. Have you checked your video card driver? I would start there. If you need help,just give me a PM and I will help you.

I play the game just fine. You do not. Hmmm. Maybe ensure your drivers are up to date. I dont know much of your computer skills, but i will be nice and try to help you out. Have you checked your video card driver? I would start there. If you need help,just give me a PM and I will help you.

LMFAO...ok then, Einstein :D

It's ok, man...not everyone can be perceptive. Some people notice things others do not, because some pay more attention to detail then others. It's ok if you can't see it, the rest of us who can will take care of the issue for you.

Ignorance truly is Bliss.

Edited by Wraiven

Well I'd say devs are aware of it and at this point I'm guessing in terms of the engine it's far from their top priority.

The first one being improve the performance to finally be able to have more than 8 vs. 8 players PvPing and not that far below have a UI that does not kills the frame rate so they can have things like chat bubbles and UI mods.

Still what can they say apart they are working on it: our engine sucks?

Edited by Deewe

This is no graphical lag or bug so it has nothing to do with "upgrade your computer" ********. It happens to everyone. Some people are not just not good players and they do not notice it. It has never been completely fixed. Never. DO not have high hopes for a final fix since the fault is obviously in the engine+server/client communication. Bioware should be ashamed since when you plan to create an huge mmo like SWTOR, you should definitely write your own in-house engine. I still try to like the game and play it from time to time but I have to admit that although it had all the potential to be great mmo, it has failed to deliver a smooth gameplay experience when it comes to gameplay. This is one of the major reasons that it slowly dies.

This is no graphical lag or bug so it has nothing to do with "upgrade your computer" ********. It happens to everyone. Some people are not just not good players and they do not notice it. It has never been completely fixed. Never. DO not have high hopes for a final fix since the fault is obviously in the engine+server/client communication. Bioware should be ashamed since when you plan to create an huge mmo like SWTOR, you should definitely write your own in-house engine. I still try to like the game and play it from time to time but I have to admit that although it had all the potential to be great mmo, it has failed to deliver a smooth gameplay experience when it comes to gameplay. This is one of the major reasons that it slowly dies.

Ave never had this delay since 1.1.5 now its back and it has gotten a lot worst for me on my scoundrel P.s

wish the original OP would comeback and fight the fight again where are you Xcore buddy ;)

Edited by skotish