Battlemaster quitting

Fiercejagon

Did you really expect the game to come out with 50 maps?

It may be my perspective - but League of Legends is one of the most played online games right now and it consists of 3 maps, 2 of which are hardly played. MOBAs solely focus on players vs. players. Proving it's not always about how many maps there are.

League of Legends isn't even in the same genre. I'm not sure why you continually bring it up in defense of TOR's PVP. SC2 uses a lot of the same tourny maps, but I'm not going to bring it up because it's completely irrelevant to the topic.

It's not even about the map pool. It's the fact that people seem to think that instanced PVP is the only kind of PVP content. When developers put retarded side shows like Ilum in, I can see why people think that, but it's not always been that way.

I play in a persistent online world with thousands of other players and the best idea that devs can come up with is to shove us in an instance with a few meaningless (in terms of the persistent world) objectives to fight over for 5-10 minutes? The so called PVP zone doesn't even have any impact.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a Battlemaster for 3 weeks. Before the patch no BM gear droped for me but i said its cool they are fixing this. Now 1 week after the Patch i have gotten 1 token 2 guys in my guild who just got BM have 3 pieces each. very fustrating for me i Know most will say dude just give it time. nah man my time was grinding Bm and still running grps to get others BM, honestly luck bassed pvp grind gear is dumb as Shattt.

BYE! You won't be missed.

God forbid you actually have to work for your PVP gear. :rolleyes:

God Forbid you get gear rewards for putting in the time to grind battlemaster then continually grind the pvp dailies only to have ZERO to show for it. I'm with the OP I've been BM for almost 2 weeks I have zero commendations and zero gear to show for it. If they want to gate how fast you get gear I have no problem with this as long as the effort I put into getting gear is rewarded. It's not very hard to make every bag have one commendation and then just adjust the cost of gear on the vendors to 10-15 commendations. It's still going to take a very long time to fully gear but you aren't getting buttf**** by RNG on the bags you are always making progress.

Its like a chain multiple leave and then even more leave cause the low pop server get merged then it happen again until there is barely a hand full of people playing MMOs are about community and driving them away is one way to kill a lot of the experience

And I could still care this much |-| because everything I care about doing I can do with 3-5 people or less. I still play EQ and it's low pop......same with RIFT, AION, etc.

People want immediate gratification and rewards, I enjoy the grind. Today's generation wants everything handed to them rather than working for it. Granted there are still kids/young adults who have great morals and values and still reflect an older generation, but sadly today's generation wants everything NOW....and when they don't get it they make threats and threads like this one in hopes that they can get backing from other people to feel more powerful/in the right on their standing. Granted this isn't always the case but it's highly trended and common, and one who vouches likewise is highly jaded.

I'm in no way saying the current gearing system is what it should be but more or less commenting on the threats people like to give the companies.

Edited by Roxiey

The gear is a reward. The fun is the PVP. you have it reversed.

This is true but wrong at the same time. It is not fun for any fresh 50 to PvP against fully geared opponents. You pretty much have no chance of beating them in a fight.

You might be able to win the game with great team work, but they will chew you up so fast regardless of skill purely thanks to expertise that is more frustrating then anything.

If people honestly think the bag item system does NOT need to be changed, then you have issues.

We should be able to earn tokens or whatever towards exact items we want. Not this absolutely absurb randomness that can give you 10 of the same item, if you even get an item at all that is..

The problem is with the RNG system itself, not the playerbase. It's ridiculous to consider that two PvPers, each having played the game for the exact same amount of time, can vary in gear based on luck, especially considering Expertise is king. The system needs to be fleshed out; BioWare needs to avoid RNG drops and focus more on rewarding dedication. Potentially, someone that's been a Battlemaster less than a month than you can outgear you. That's not working for your gear, that flawed game design.

Argh! my luck is bad hence everything is terrible!

So you play for one month get no gear and your fine with that. I don't get why you play? Is it to do raids for a year for nothing lol is it to pvp with no reward for doing so do you go to level 50 zones to get level 40 gear? When your battlemaster getting gear under battlemaster is that different? I didn't say everything was bad just the loot system. People are not going to pay month to month when your toon is in the same underleveled gear as he was last month. When you are valor 65 and in valor 50 gear month after month would you pay?

Been a Battlemaster for 3 weeks. Before the patch no BM gear droped for me but i said its cool they are fixing this. Now 1 week after the Patch i have gotten 1 token 2 guys in my guild who just got BM have 3 pieces each. very fustrating for me i Know most will say dude just give it time. nah man my time was grinding Bm and still running grps to get others BM, honestly luck bassed pvp grind gear is dumb as Shattt.

What MMO have you played that just gave you gear? Everyone I played all had a RNG mechanic on the loot drops(specifically in raids, but it all uses the same mechanic, just with a different percentage drop). You get lucky when you get lucky, only this way(pvp in swtor) you can't bring a whole guild into a warzone and have your buddies pass you a token piece. . .you have to get it yourself.

This person gets it.

Originally Posted by ZDProletariat

Over used quote much?

Are battle master crates broken? Hell yes. The random element is retardedly stupid. Unlike champion bags, you get 1 (THATS RIGHT) 1 per daily and 1 per weekly BM crate. You CANT buy BM crates, but only obtain them through dailies and weeklies.

With this random bullsh|t method, the lucky are rewarded. There is clearly no reward for actively playing pvp when you incorporate a random system. I have one token from 9 creates. I feel kind of lucky considering others have double my wasted creates.

It wouldnt be so bad if each item cost 1 token, but the majority are 2 tokens and 3 tokens....

I'm rank 62 and I still dont even have full champ gear let alone a BM item. I am missing my weapon/ear/implants/bracer. Thats with 3-3.5 weeks of wz grinding for rank and creates (and to clarify, I hit 50 as a valor rank 45. I never exploited illum unlike many others).

So, on recap, 3-3.5 weeks of straight wz grinding wasn't enough for full champ gear.... LOLOLOl gg. Others achieve it in a week, others it clearly takes a mnth. Oh, and I was playing a **** load chewing threw probably a 100 champ boxes. Generally 5+ a day.

I hit lvl 50 with 1000 merc and wz commendations, my dailies and weeklies done within the next few hrs. Of 13 champ crates, I received 1 items. This same system with BM items is ridiculous due to only receiving a possible potential 2 BM creates per day.

Honestly, what kind of system is it anyway... It offers no balance

Edited by mcGowd

I cant go ahead and fault the game mechanics without offering a potential answer. In warhammer online, they used a system regarding looting gear bags from keeps which awarded you a medal or mark if you didn't receive a bag. This mark gave a bonus to your next roll.

Implement the same with this. You fail to loot on chest, offer a bonus for the next, scaling the % bonus increasing with each failed create. So when you eventually get to 5-10 failed creates your at a % mark where the next is a guaranteed item. Is this unreasonable? NO!

to obtain 5-10 champ bags let alone BM bags for the average person would take 3-4 days. BM bags, well, I'm thinking a week considering your 2 per day cap.

This way my self like others wont have to open 15 champ creates and receive nothing. Wheres the balance there?

You play pvp to be competitive, and guess what, that's what purples do?

Most ignorant response yet.

bwahahahahahahahahahah.....oh wait your serious.....lemme laugh even harder

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH