Anti-social gamers in a mmorpg?

Colryn

I am curious as to how other players are gaining social points to be able to use the social vendors?

So far it has been like pulling teeth trying to get a group with any guild members.I try general chat of course nut it nearly never works for me especially when I am the only person in the "who" list that has a LFG tag on any planet.

It is really blowing my mind how few people group together it seems when; A) It's an RP server, B)Players get increased XP in a group versus soloing, and C)Only way to get access to social vendor items is via social points gained from grouping.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have not really paid much attention to the social vendors, but I would say if you feel that getting a group together from your guild is like pulling teeth, something is wrong. Our guild has regular mission nights once a week and we get together lots of other times on an impromptu basis. I have done probably 6 or 7 flashpoints with guildies and I dunno how many heroics.

Now, I don't have a huge # of social points on any one character because I'm a flaming alt-aholic, but if you added all my alts together I'd have a decent social score.

That's because most of the social point rewards are pretty lame, and there really is no major incentive to group while leveling. Heroics quests and flash points can be totally skipped while leveling. As to the RP grouping, really in MMO's the RP community is mostly dead or very well hidden due to it being turned into such a taboo. Even on RP servers the amount of RP taking place is limited. There will be scheduled events, but outside of that there is very little and people will simply not group for random RP most of the time.

dont even try to get to get these points yet...

why you ask? cause they are bugged out you will freeze points right before social 2 is reached. anthor great bugged.

I should be social 8 by now, sent in ticket is no fix . buggy buggy buggy , just like everything else in this game.

Personally, while leveling, I don't care much for grouping because I level far faster without grouping and I just skip the tough group missions, sometimes I try to solo those as well.

I'm willing to bet a lot of players feel the same way.

Now when I reach 50, that's when I'll be doing all my grouping.

Personally, while leveling, I don't care much for grouping because I level far faster without grouping and I just skip the tough group missions, sometimes I try to solo those as well.

... You level faster in a group. Unless you and/or your group sucks.

Normal content is ridiculously easy. +2 heroics are still too easy for 2 players with 2 pets. So basically you end up probably needing to group if you care about doing a +4 heroic. Otherwise it's the faceroll of facerolls, with the added bonus of sharding problems.

Also, since planets have narrow level bands, people you know probably aren't going to be there. Since travel is kind of annoying, they probably won't want to spend more time traveling than doing the quest. Shrugs.

I am curious as to how other players are gaining social points to be able to use the social vendors?

So far it has been like pulling teeth trying to get a group with any guild members.I try general chat of course nut it nearly never works for me especially when I am the only person in the "who" list that has a LFG tag on any planet.

It is really blowing my mind how few people group together it seems when; A) It's an RP server, B)Players get increased XP in a group versus soloing, and C)Only way to get access to social vendor items is via social points gained from grouping.

Most people in my guild have their heads down going thru the solo quests. Does make it hard to coordinate for grouping...tying to sync up quest lines. We usually just do Flash Points.

But yeah, social points are hard to come by, but I don't think that's a bad thing all together. Just takes a bit longer and requires more grouping.

Eh, I don't think so. So far I'm level 33 and I've only grouped up once so far for a heroic 4 player quest. I didn't get nearly as good XP during the time it took for all the players to get there and even from the mob kills I wasn't getting as good xp. Considering how many normal quests I could have done in the meantime.

Edited by iResist

Eh, I don't think so. So far I'm level 33 and I've only grouped up once so far for a heroic 4 player quest. I didn't get nearly as good XP during the time it took for all the players to get there and even from the mob kills I wasn't getting as good xp. Considering how many normal quests I could have done in the meantime.

It's been officially stated that you do get more xp in a group. It's not a guess.

You get bonuses for being grouped.

And you shouldn't have been waiting doing nothing - you've have been better off doing stuff in the area until they got there.

Yes you do, if you have static group. If you wait for groups to fill/everyone to come to quest spot etc it definitely is not. And then there's PUG...

Guess its just me but I tend not to care outside of FPs if I feel like it. The class story motivates me to go further, the 'new next level stuff' the same, and I found heroics in general pretty uninteresting to wait or look for group for. I like flashpoints design for the most part.

If I have friends online then yeah but otherwise I just can't be bothered.

And there's another problem with when certain quests become available - need to pass certain story phase or planet 'main story' phase... so once you lose the coordination with friends its a royal PITA to sync again. Its either you run static all the time or you solo everything leaving heroics until you're done with planet which means overlevel. IMO they should've made it so all zones are accessible and all heroics are accessible the moment you step onto the planet, which I'm pretty certain is not the case.

Another thing that makes it hard to gain social points is half of the time when I do manage to get into a group, they disband after completion without bothering to wait and do the group turn-in for the social points I was after to start with.

I have even seen some join a group; then on the way to the meet-up they pass by a mission npc, grab an additional new mission and space-bar through it without waiting for anyone to join the conversation even.

Simple: I don't use the social vendors.

I don't do PUGs, period.

I've also skipped 90%+ of the Heroics after Level 20, simply because there wasn't enough of my guildies around in order to do them when I was ready to.

and it's just easier to level solo most of the time.

I just hit level 50 yesterday, and I'm not even Social Rank 2. :p

Edited by Taelin

You get more experience points in a group.

That doesn't mean you level faster. Spamming LFG for 20 minutes isn't exactly time-efficient.

Yes but its not that much, my toon levelling with my wife, doing the same number of quests is less than a level behind and thats probably because I did all the Heroic 2's and most of the 4's while playing together and not all on my other toon.

Mind you, I do notice far more Prototype and Artifact level drops when playing together, might be just dumb luck though.

Whole point of levelling in any MMO is so you can team up for TOUGH missions, the general stance of any MMO is to group up, otherwise you may as well play soemthing like Skyrim.