Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

Tityn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dark Empire comic book series. It is C-level canon, which is only two levels below the movies and scripts and novelizations and the like. There is also the Star Wars D6 Role-Playing Game Sourcebook, Dark Empire. Most comprehensive info you will find on Palpatine. Those comics show that he is demonstratably far stronger than any Sith to ever exist, including Lord Vitiate. Though, I do think Lord Vititate is the second strongest Sith.

Exactly my thoughts.

Also, since when was Revan ever mentioned by George Lucas? or in the same league as Yoda or Grand Master Luke? Lol.(@ a post on the first page.)

Exactly my thoughts.

Also, since when was Revan ever mentioned by George Lucas? or in the same league as Yoda or Grand Master Luke? Lol.(@ a post on the first page.)

Yeah, sure, redeemed Revan was pretty strong, stronger than a lot in his era, he wasn't as strong as Luke or Yoda.

According to George Lucas, Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi that has ever been, with Revan and Yoda coming in close, in fact Luke considers Yoda the greatest Jedi there ever was although Luke has surpassed him (that's pretty humbling of Luke if you ask me). Emperor Palpatine was listed as the most powerful Sith ever, although Darth Bane would get my vote.

Wookieepedia.com

SPOILER : SWTOR-Revan

id think since swtor this has to be revised, i dont see how they can be more powerful than the sith emperor who devoured an entire planet INCLUDING the force, made himself immortal, is older than a thousand years and has absolut dominance over anyones mind, even someone as strong as revan. what do you think ?

A thread was already made and was similar to this. The most powerful Sith Lord ever was Darth Sidious; both EU and G-Canon (movies) along with the novels back Sidious up.

The most powerful Jedi ever was Luke Skywalker, read into his EU and you'll find he's god-tiered.

However, the most POWERFUL Force entity in Star Wars so far is Abeloth. She manhandled Luke.

edit: And before people go about saying "The Sith Emperor/Vitiate is stronger than Sidious".

No. He is not. He's no-where near Sidious. Vitiate required the aid of a hundred enslaved Sith Lords to help him accomplish a Ritual that enabled the consumption of said planet. Darth Sidious consumed the 15 billion populace (compared to Vitiate's "millions" of Byss by himself in order to sustain his clone body. Sidious's feats outshine Vitiate's by far.

Sidious could create wormholes that were capable of ravaging entire planets by mere inclination of thought. He's far more powerful than Vitiate is.

Edited by Oonkeh_

Wrong wrong wrong. More Post-ROTJ Crap. Lucas mentions Luke is the most powerful force user ever. Which makes him the most powerful ever.

By Lucas' own admission, that's because the entirety of SW is the 6 movies as far as he's concerned. In one of the quotes regarding canon, he makes comment about the fact that there are two Star Wars continuities. His, and Everyone Else's.

He doesn't mind if we play in his sandbox (because it makes him money), but as far as he's concerned, nothing outside the movies has happened or will happen. (Unless he decides to add them into "his" canon. eg: Aurra Sing.)

So if he wanted Luke to be the most powerful Jedi, ever. He was. If you limit yourself to the movies, that's cool. You have the answer. And canonically speaking, you're right, since lower grade canon can't over-ride G-canon (IE George Canon).

However, this discussion doesn't seem based on canon, but on the personal interpretation of EU. Which also means this argument can run forever. Different writers will have different interpretations of a character's "power" in the grand scheme of things. Galen Marek in TFU, for instance.

-Kai-Lunn

Edited by KaiLunn

Mostly accurate info there. As I recall Windu did really beat Palpatine In a lightsaber duel.Windu was in my opinion simply the Best Lightsaber duelist in the galaxy at the time. His unorthodox use of Vaapad might also have been the key factor to him winning. Palpatine won through the same means he conquered the Galaxy: insidiousness.

As I recall, Windu fought Palps but Palps was relying on Anakin coming and saving him if he knew Anakin wasn't coming you think he wouldn't fight with all his skill and might against Windu? and Windu was considered one of the strongest Fighters in the Order but Yoda fully against Windu was a child vs a true master and Palps was able to fight Yoda a whole lot Longer than he did against Windu....its all plotholes but go back and watch the movies and you can consider that Palps was just Playing against Windu hoping that Anakin would come and help him.

I don't recall anywhere that Obi-Wan stated he couldn't match Anakin in a duel?

Obi-Wans mastery of a defensive Lightsaber style was so great he could fight General Grievous 1 on 1, and Windu said somewhere he was The master of the defensive style.

Also, Obi Won the duel. Hehe, pun.

Read the book, Obi-Wan was trying to overpower Anakin in a collision and he was surprised that Anakin was easily overpowering him and pounding through his defenses. Thats why he HAD to use the higher ground technique cause its the ONLY way Obi could win he can't play an Endurance against Anakin.

I agree on the first part. Vader could have killed Luke pretty fast in their first duel.

But what Is the Great Jedi Hunt? Since you're saying he was Vader at the time I can only deduce you mean The Great Jedi Purge, which was just the continued enforcement of Order 66, carried out from Episode 3 through 6.

My fault Great Jedi Hunt was LONG ago, its my fault its Great Jedi Purge and he killed many Jedi's and conquered lots of planets through his tyrany and if you want to count Force Unleashed he fought a almost fully trained Jedi/Sith and barely got away not once but twice. But still Luke vs Vader is a lopsided fight and i will never believe that Luke would've beaten Vader unless Luke got more experience. But in ROTJ Luke is still padawan level skill vs a Master of the Force = Vader (no contest).

Luke was the most powerful and accomplished Jedi EVER (unlike Anakin, Luke FULLY developed his gifts-both Luke and Anakin had the highest raw potential- yet Anakin let a woman throw his focus off. Luke remained priest-like for a time and trained well. Yoda is also immensly powerful, even exceeding his own limitations (if you can say he has any). The most powerful SithLord is Palpatine/Sidious (although the Sith Emperor in TOR is just as, if not even more, powerful. Marka Ragnos and Darth Bane are the next tier, then perhaps pre-Mustafar Darth Vader.

..its all plotholes

You're the one creating the plot-holes by trying to bring EU continuity logic into the films.

EU books are interpretations of the films that attempt to extrapolate on what's on the movie, and provide an explanation in terms of the EU.

It's not the other way around, the EU has no bearing on the content of the films (aside from whatever bits Lucas pulled into the movie to place them into continuity), and cannot be used to explain parts of it in the context of the films.

Edited by Sevitan

SPOILER : SWTOR-Revan

id think since swtor this has to be revised, i dont see how they can be more powerful than the sith emperor who devoured an entire planet INCLUDING the force, made himself immortal, is older than a thousand years and has absolut dominance over anyones mind, even someone as strong as revan. what do you think ?

Palpatine as well could destroy planets with the Force, and he mastered essence transfer. Plus George Lucas stated Palps was the strongest. Can't argue with the creator.

even if you go by what lucas has said, in the movies yodas the all mighty wise one that no one messes with and if they do they usually don't come out on top so stuff the skywalkers they are all girls as for the dark side id say palpatine only cause i doubt darth could have really beaten him. thats my 2 cents its in no way right thats just the jist i got from the movies

even if you go by what lucas has said, in the movies yodas the all mighty wise one that no one messes with and if they do they usually don't come out on top so stuff the skywalkers they are all girls as for the dark side id say palpatine only cause i doubt darth could have really beaten him. thats my 2 cents its in no way right thats just the jist i got from the movies

Not bashing you here. The only reason why Yoda was the most powerful in the movies is cause he had roughly 900 years to hone is mental and physical skills as well as his connection to the Force. However in the EU (which I know a lot of people don't consider Star Wars), Luke has surpassed every Jedi in the history of the Order. Your opinion is yours and I respect that, as I have pointed out that yes according to Lucas Palps is the strongest Sith, my opinion lists Bane as number 1. :D

Don't rip me a new one if this is addressed in a book or something that I haven't read yet but in ROTS Palps says that Plagueus could command the midichlorians to actually create life and that his apprentice learned that too. I always took that by assumption that in some way Palps created Annakin (the uber-midichlorian-created kid with no dad?). I just always thought it was odd that they would bring that up randomly or only for the purposes of seducing Anakin to the Dark Side. If true this would only enhance the argument Palps is the most powerful.

I think that Palps is the most powerful anyways. What makes a powerful sith is not just pure power in the force. I think more than Palpatine's use of the dark side, his ability to manipulate all the worlds of the Republic to dance to his music and install him willingly as despotic emperor is the true sign of a powerful Sith Master. He made people give up their freedoms and even enslave their friends, allies and neighbours. Lies and deceit are the tools of the dark side and no sith ever wielded tham as well as Palpatine.

I also thought that the remark by Mace windu saying how the Jedi all had a reduced ability to use the force was in reference to something Palpatine was doing during his attempt to take over the galaxy. When you look at the monumental task of blinding and beguiliing trillions of lifeforms over the entire known Galaxy including all the Jedi that has to earn him the title of top dog.

lol probably the most common star wars thread of the internet...

my go at it.

kenobi. he beat the chosen one. the chosen one beats the emperor = kenobi can kick palpatines and anakins ***.

there are lots to pick from and lots of good arguments for each just go for the one u like the most. go to wookepedia to browse a few

Don't rip me a new one if this is addressed in a book or something that I haven't read yet but in ROTS Palps says that Plagueus could command the midichlorians to actually create life and that his apprentice learned that too. I always took that by assumption that in some way Palps created Annakin (the uber-midichlorian-created kid with no dad?). I just always thought it was odd that they would bring that up randomly or only for the purposes of seducing Anakin to the Dark Side. If true this would only enhance the argument Palps is the most powerful.

I think that Palps is the most powerful anyways. What makes a powerful sith is not just pure power in the force. I think more than Palpatine's use of the dark side, his ability to manipulate all the worlds of the Republic to dance to his music and install him willingly as despotic emperor is the true sign of a powerful Sith Master. He made people give up their freedoms and even enslave their friends, allies and neighbours. Lies and deceit are the tools of the dark side and no sith ever wielded tham as well as Palpatine.

I also thought that the remark by Mace windu saying how the Jedi all had a reduced ability to use the force was in reference to something Palpatine was doing during his attempt to take over the galaxy. When you look at the monumental task of blinding and beguiliing trillions of lifeforms over the entire known Galaxy including all the Jedi that has to earn him the title of top dog.

read an article somewhere... plaguous was sideouses master. sidous killed him. right before that happened plaguous had found a way to create life spontaniously, sidious thus conspired to kill him before he could do that as he feared Plagous (spelling?) would otherwise replace him with the new force generated thingy.. sidous managed to kill him (in his sleep) but apparently the later had already managed to create life (anakin). palpatine finds this out later and doesnt mind the idea of having his masters creation as an apprentice.

back to the ops point and what has been said. ifs and buts dont count, anakin fell to high ground, and lost legs and arms and more, and palatine may have been distracted but vader chucked him down the gutter... tuff luck but ifs dont make history, so:

yoda < palpatine < vader < anakin < obi-1... luke couldnt have fought the emperor then, and the comics and stories relating to what he did after are to boring to read. hence we are back to obi one.

as for tor times, raven cant beat the emperor, but apparently WE can (spoiler) so technically U/US are the current strongest jedi/sith

taking the discussion 1000 years back then well.....

Edited by SushaBrancaleone

According to emperor Palpatine Darth Plagus was the most powerful Jedi. Palpatine actually asked Anakin to join forces with him to learn the secrets of Plagus and become as powerful as Plagus to get the power over life and death. Anakin was the chosen one but that was just to bring balance to the force not that he was the most powerful Jedi. It seems that the ancient Jedi where far more powerful out of the necessity that arose out of constant conflict. In the starwars future the power of the light and dark side was so imbalanced that one side had to hide from the other thus a physically powerful Jedi or Sith was not needed so much. Edited by Mizogucci

Anakin is the chosen one. He brought balance back; just not in the way the Jedi thought.

Is it true balance to have all good and no evil? Balance is gained through having good and evil counteracting each other, Vader killing the Emperor and destroying the last of the Sith would throw the force out of balance in my opinion...

Is it true balance to have all good and no evil? Balance is gained through having good and evil counteracting each other, Vader killing the Emperor and destroying the last of the Sith would throw the force out of balance in my opinion...

Balance is more thanJedi and Sith. Two jedi and two sith don't equal balance. Palpatine made the entire galaxy dark. Well, was in the process of doing it. The darkness became so thick due to his power that it was blocking the jedi from being able to use the light side of the force. The light side of the force was being overwhelmed by the darkness. By Vader and the Emperor's death it allowed things to balance out again.

When you talk G-Cannon, then Luke for Jedi, Palpatine for Sith.

EU? Goodness, that becomes a ball of worms. And it depends how you view various forms of increasing power.

Beginning times? Probably Exar Kun, Darth Bane, and that Jedi chick... Umm... the one who took the lightsaber from her husband. Gosh, why can't I remember her name?

Old Republic? Revan. For most powerful Jedi, and most powerful Sith.

New Republic? That fractures out a bit. A force user? Yoda or Fay. Swordsman? It was generally talked about that Windu, Shaak Ti, and Kit Fisto were top dogs in that department. Windu with his Vaapad, obviously. Shaak Ti was just supposed to be crazy. Kit Fisto had a Light-Whip and a Lightsaber. At the same time. There was talk of Depa Billaba being as good as Windu, if not better, but she went crazy inbetween Ep I and Ep II, so she was discounted. Obi-Wan was very well-rounded.

Inbetween III and IV? Ugh, I prefer to not think about Starkiller. Discounting that, you'd obviously have Vader, the Dark Woman, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Shaak Ti.

IV-V-VI era? Obviously Luke. In all respects. No one else around. Well, Yoda and Obi-wan for a short time.

Post-ROTJ? Let the mess begin. Luke generally stayed always super-powerful. But you had Sebatayne, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, and Jaina Solo always being fairly up there; in varying respects.

All of this is always a super-debate between fans, though.

Edited by Kashinia