The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware. Here's how to balance Sorcerers

Rhazesx

This is a really simple fix for Bioware to balance sorcerers since they are so OP. Take out lightning affects and replace them with the Sage ones. When Sorcerers log in and are throwing peebles they will make a new characters. In less than 2 weeks there will only be 1-2 per match like Sages their mirror class that isn't OP.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious what's OP about a sorcerer? If you let them turret you from a safe place yea, they hurt especially bunched up, but generally, one on one, I never really considered sorcerers a threat for my vanguard or my shadow. And personally, any sorcerer that likes to chain spam the lightning channel is just laughable to me. Edited by Silverspar

I am curious what's OP about a sorcerer? If you let them turret you from a safe place yea, they hurt especially bunched up, but generally, one on one, I never really considered sorcerers a threat for my vanguard or my shadow. And personally, any sorcerer that likes to chain spam the lightning channel is just laughable to me.

They can heal very well even when not speced healing. they do tremendous amounts of damage at range, have snares that dont proc resolve, a bubble thats on a 30 second cool down, and a spell that reduces movement speed by 50% while doing very high amounts of damage. oh and they have all the mobility that shadows/assassins have on top of that.

I am curious what's OP about a sorcerer? If you let them turret you from a safe place yea, they hurt especially bunched up, but generally, one on one, I never really considered sorcerers a threat for my vanguard or my shadow. And personally, any sorcerer that likes to chain spam the lightning channel is just laughable to me.

Its not that they are OP its just that shooting lightning is way cooler then the sage with pebbles and rocks. This all so accounts for the unbalance of sages v sorcs due to the lighting having little to no delay and the rocks having a long travel delay.

Its not that they are OP its just that shooting lightning is way cooler then the sage with pebbles and rocks. This all so accounts for the unbalance of sages v sorcs due to the lighting having little to no delay and the rocks having a long travel delay.

You have the WORST supporting reasons for the Sorcerer class being "OP", please learn how to play your class properly.

First of all they arent all sorc there are 6 inquis per match maybe but not all are sorc and there are so many cause people like shooting lightning its bad *** and they have a sick story so your thread sucks

Sick story bro.

Brah, we should go buy tight polos together.

Thats weird. I ran into a level 39 Sorcerer on Hoth yesterday, same level as me, and thoroughly whooped his ***.

He tried force lightning all the time on me, but with Mind Snap, Force Wave and Stun, I had that fight in the bag.

Also, I used force slow combined with force speed and telekinetic throw to keep his smug *** away from me.

Thats weird. I ran into a level 39 Sorcerer on Hoth yesterday, same level as me, and thoroughly whooped his ***.

He tried force lightning all the time on me, but with Mind Snap, Force Wave and Stun, I had that fight in the bag.

Also, I used force slow combined with force speed and telekinetic throw to keep his smug *** away from me.

Yeah, but if there was 3-4 more of them you would have lost. That's OP.

I agree, what is so OP about a sorcerer? I felt like my Sorcerer was very OP on the way to 50, simply because I got the bulk of my DPS abilities and escapes at a very low level, whereas other classes at a similar level had a lot less to work with.

They literally give the Sorcerer stun, whirlwind, bubble, force sprint, knockback, and unlimited force lightning all at a very low level, whereas other classes do not really get most of their abilities until later levels. Of course the Sorcerer will dominate with all these great abilities by level 20 whereas other classes are barely getting anything.

At early levels, it definitely was very easy to kite melee and pretty much roll any low level player. When your opponent only has had was Force Leap while I have a stun, a mez, a sprint, a ranged slow, and a knockback.. of course it is going to seem OP. However, once a Jedi/Sith/Smuggler/Scoundrel gets their knockdown and their stun, it is a lot different.

Now that I'm level 50 and other classes have a lot more abilities and are getting expertise and high levels of armor, Sorcerer does not seem OP at all. In full Champ/Battlemaster, the Guardian/Juggernaut is the most OP class. I wish I rolled one instead of a Sorc.

Sorcerers are the most complained about class in the game through multiple channels. Even swtor themed podcast are starting to bash on them. Are they overpowered? Hell yeah they are but it's simply due to the fact that they have so many abilities at their disposal that it throws the balance off compared to every other class. Seeing the amount of PvP that myself, & others, have played, they are the only majority class that seems to be topping the Warzone charts on multiple servers in Damage AND Healing. I say Majority because a good commando will accomplish the same from time to time but no where near as often. That in itself is a sign that something is terribly wrong. Of course, Sorcs will scream it's because of there AoE's. Well, doesn't excuse the face that they have a 100% absorb shield that they can pop fairly quickly, a Knockback ( really should be removed ), multiple stuns/snares, a force run, & multiple very high dps abilities that seem to have little to no cooldown.

We can all sit here & debate all we want but being an MMO player for over 16+ years ( Started with Meridian 59 ), I can say that a Sorcerer nerf is coming sometime in the near future. So many players wouldn't be rolling Sorcerers if they sucked now would they? :).

-LatinLegacy

I play Sage and there is nothing OP about sages or sorcs.

1) the bubble can only mitigate maybe one high damage attack before it pops.

2) The healing sucks, 3 second cast on a heal that hits for 1500 (2500 on a good crit)

3) As soon as the other team notices you, and starts to focus you (which they should do), you have about 2 GCDs to live

4) Only one skill tree has an ability that slows and does damage at the same time and it does not do much damage (tiny little DOT)

Bottom line is that they are a difficult class to play. Some people are great at playing it, just like every other class in the game.

I play Sage and there is nothing OP about sages or sorcs.

1) the bubble can only mitigate maybe one high damage attack before it pops.

2) The healing sucks, 3 second cast on a heal that hits for 1500 (2500 on a good crit)

3) As soon as the other team notices you, and starts to focus you (which they should do), you have about 2 GCDs to live

4) Only one skill tree has an ability that slows and does damage at the same time and it does not do much damage (tiny little DOT)

Bottom line is that they are a difficult class to play.

They're ridiculously easy to play, coming from a level 50 Sorcerer.

Put the sorcerors bubble on a 2 minute cooldown like everyone elses cooldowns. Balance.

You do realise that they use this skill to heal groups/ops in PVE ?

Ok guys I just used it on the smuggler that stole agro, I can cast it again on the tank in 2mins ! :D