Corso Riggs' new look

Phexa

If any of you guys played in the beta, you might've noticed that Corso was changed to a human in one of the very last patches before the release version.

Before the change I think he was a Kiffar, with dark skin and white warpaint on his face. Now he's got a paler skin and more scars but no paint. I don't think his new look was a customisation pack either, so he was changed for some specific reason. Was there a lore reason behind it, perhaps? What do you think?

I played a smuggler in the beta and got quite accustomed to his looks, it's rather strange seeing him humanized. :p

If any of you guys played in the beta, you might've noticed that Corso was changed to a human in one of the very last patches before the release version.

Before the change I think he was a Kiffar, with dark skin and white warpaint on his face. Now he's got a paler skin and more scars but no paint. I don't think his new look was a customisation pack either, so he was changed for some specific reason. Was there a lore reason behind it, perhaps? What do you think?

I played a smuggler in the beta and got quite accustomed to his looks, it's rather strange seeing him humanized. :p

kinda curious when you managed to play then because i never saw him other than as he is, and i had seen pictures of him before i had got in to the full time beta as well.

kinda curious when you managed to play then because i never saw him other than as he is, and i had seen pictures of him before i had got in to the full time beta as well.

I never saw that look either - I first beta'd in the 11/11 crew.

i think you got him mixed up with the troopers first companion. who is a cat-human looking thing.

but both wear same armors

i think you got him mixed up with the troopers first companion. who is a cat-human looking thing.

but both wear same armors

Catharr or something like that, i think is what ur thinking of. Im not real familiar with the trooper.

Hmm....I had been in beta since August and he still looks the same as he did then.

Before: http://www.thecorellianleague.com/jp/psd/smuggler_1.jpg

After: http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Companion_Vid_05-500x281.jpg

I guess it's a minor change, but I liked his tattoos. :p I suppose BioWare must've thought it's more appropriate of a farm boy to be a human than a kiffar.

Thank you for posting pics =) then I know that I have only seen him in the new version. Looking forward to meeting him again, hoping to get in today so I can finally get my little smuggler going. And it will be nice to see Corso again, great LI in my book =)

The only thing I want to say about Corso Riggs is that I wish he would shut the hell up and NEVER say another word. Every time we activated our stealth belts he would start yelling things like, "Oh yeah I got you!" and his other useless comments. And then in the final beta build in the patch notes it said that was fixed, and for the most part it was except he would still make comments when you reached certain points he would comment on the area and he would do that in stealth...idiot!

I was so happy when I got Bowdaar my wookie, Riggs stayed on the ship from there on in, and did that stop him from becoming like a puppy dog in love with my character? It is so funny now because he is so jealous of Bowdaar, I was just hoping there was a way for me to let him and Risha off at the next port of call....:D

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

When you leave the starting planet you get a kit that has different looks for corso. You can keep him normal with the darker hair and skin. Or you can make him a white guy. Either way he is still annoying though

Do they have a kit that makes Corso not an aggro-sucking idiot?

The only thing I want to say about Corso Riggs is that I wish he would shut the hell up and NEVER say another word. Every time we activated our stealth belts he would start yelling things like, "Oh yeah I got you!" and his other useless comments. And then in the final beta build in the patch notes it said that was fixed, and for the most part it was except he would still make comments when you reached certain points he would comment on the area and he would do that in stealth...idiot!

I was so happy when I got Bowdaar my wookie, Riggs stayed on the ship from there on in, and did that stop him from becoming like a puppy dog in love with my character? It is so funny now because he is so jealous of Bowdaar, I was just hoping there was a way for me to let him and Risha off at the next port of call....:D

Oh I plan on being the same way. I think I will be swapping between bowdaar, and my mandalorian lover, but corso is def just gonna keep my ship clean, pretty, and sandwhiches made for whenever I come back to it.

Awww I love Corso... I'm a sucker for the southern thing.

Hats off to you, Nozze. I'm glad I'm not alone in my adoration for our chatty farm boy.

I'll likely be switching off between him and Bowdaar, for they seem to be the companions that best fit my gal.

Edited by MaidenShadow

I love him, too! He's adorable in my book.

Yep, I'm a Corso fan, too... My hubby and I crack up over the romance arc dialogue because I swear he used some of the same lines on me while we were dating. The lines may be cheesy sometimes, but they're sweet.

And as for him being an aggro-sucker... thank goodness. I found that as I got further into the Sawbones tree, my DPS just kind of dwindled away. Fights may take a bit longer, but having him in his DPS stance with all his high-threat attacks on (yes, even his harpoon... I just work around it) helps things go down a bit faster and it's still impossible to pull anything off of him. I just heal him up with some grenades and shots here and there and I get by just fine. :)

Beats me I was in beta for over a year and I can't remember when they changed him. They should of made him not annoying imo.

I thought I would hate him because of the voice actor... but you know, I love Corso! He's so charming and funny and witty, I don't see this annoying you speak of!