Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I used the flirt option back at 22 and just got like 10 quests in a row at like, 29...

8k+ affection

is this fixed or what's going on?

They do not assume that you will raise your affection with her so soon so it comes at various affection levels...if you power lvl it then yes you will get a ton of quests at once...

Has this been confirmed? I know the patch is on the PTR right now and I want to believe!
Actually, the opposite has been confirmed by Stephen Reid:
Just to be clear here... we will be rolling out minor patches before this major patch..
So, not Tuesday, but sometime in the not too distant future. We'll know more next week.

Actually, the opposite has been confirmed by Stephen Reid:So, not Tuesday, but sometime in the not too distant future. We'll know more next week.

true

don't worry though, i'm sure we'll get about 50 "why isn't my kira working, you SUCK BIOWARE" on tuesday because people won't read what the devs said

Anybody help me out here? Picked both D/S options, but i don't know what phase my kira is at, i have had only the 1st ground rules convo with her since the start of the game. Any idea whats up with mine?

EDIT: Lvl 40 guardian, with something in the region of 6-7k affection (I forget :D)

Edited by Fisheyswan

I just finished things up on Nar Shadaa, and picked up the Defector quest. Looks like I should just park my JK till this is officially fixed. This might still be a couple of weeks out though....argh! :(

It's been fixed for you, for like 2 weeks.

The Defector bug has been corrected.

The problem was, people who got past The Defector before they fixed it.

Now we're waiting for a fix to the Kira glitch.

Actually, the opposite has been confirmed by Stephen Reid:So, not Tuesday, but sometime in the not too distant future. We'll know more next week.

This is what confused me Lexa because Stephen Reid said the patch wouldn't go to the test server till mid next week but its already on the test server. Don't they test every patch before release and if so can they have multiple patches on the same test server? I'm not following how they can be testing the 1.1 patch that fixes our issue but be planning to release 3 other patches before that. Won't they need testing too?

This is what confused me Lexa because Stephen Reid said the patch wouldn't go to the test server till mid next week but its already on the test server. Don't they test every patch before release and if so can they have multiple patches on the same test server? I'm not following how they can be testing the 1.1 patch that fixes our issue but be planning to release 3 other patches before that. Won't they need testing too?

It seems to me that they actually are ahead of schedule with 1.1 compared to the info Stephen had last time he talked to us. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it certainly looks that way.

It's been fixed for you, for like 2 weeks.

The Defector bug has been corrected.

The problem was, people who got past The Defector before they fixed it.

Now we're waiting for a fix to the Kira glitch.

Thank you for the info. I admit to being confused, as I thought I had read there had been a fix to The Defector. Off to the mining colony...!

So does this fix clear other companion bugs too? I had a message that T7 wanted to talk and same thing, when I got back to the ship... nothing

That's a UI bug where the icon pops up on top of your companion's portrait. Happens a lot, but shouldn't indicate that your actual companion(s) is/are bugged.

just to clear this up, I am just getting up to the Kira romance part. I started pre launch and i am hearing that they fixed this glitch for new users but not characters pre launch. Would this effect me or will the kira convo's work? I hear so many different things and I just do not want to get stuck in the glitch as well. If anyone can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know if i could go on with the kira convo without problems or that I should wait so I don't have the same glitch problem as so many have had. Thank You.

It seems to me that they actually are ahead of schedule with 1.1 compared to the info Stephen had last time he talked to us. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it certainly looks that way.

Well there was that one maintenance day where they said it would took 8 hours when it only took 3 hours. :p

I only have affection 1800 with her and I just kissed her on the ship earlier this morning at level 32. It could be that I'm darkside JK though, it could also be that I answered the flirt questions correctly I dunno.

Question, if they are going to fix the bug, and you have already reached chap 3, will you be able to go over all the back log of conversations/interactions with Kira?

correct, well basically

yeah, like right now I finished act 1, what will happen is that I'll get all of kira's quest one at a time like right away

It might feel a little odd (she'll reference things that you guys are going to have to do that you've already done) but this game, unfortunately, is chock full of stuff like this (the taral V flashpoint, for example, spoils part of the knights story, and when i did the tatooine advanced series the guy told me "go defeat Darth Angral", when i had beat him a few missions before >_>)