Release the Kraken! (aka valor farming is perfectly legit)

theforceiswithu

I was curious one day and submitted a ticket asking for clarification about valor "farming", this is what I got back:

Beginning: http://i.imgur.com/sex0Y.jpg

Middle: http://i.imgur.com/chI7l.jpg

End: http://i.imgur.com/fOkN6.jpg

If you want the explanation, it's in the middle image, the other two are given just to show I didn't somehow photoshop this.

Anyways, if you were worried you would be reprimanded for trading kills on Ilum, it's not gonna happen, so get some friends together and feel free (remember, this is not referring to the base camping that occurred on Ilum immediately after patch 1.1, this is valor farming between two consenting parties).

Perhaps this will make people less sheepish if they were thinking of doing this to acquire battlemaster.

We can get into a whole discussion of whether, even though this is legit, it's the "right" thing to do as a player from an ethical view, but I'd rather save that for another time. Just pointing the whole situation out.

Cheers

As an aside, this is what valor farming entails:

UPDATE as of March 1: Gabe Amatangelo affirms that Ilum kill-trading is not a bannable offence; if you would like to see where he states this, watch this video and start it at 5:06

Edited by theforceiswithu

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There actually was a "request" from a player on our server forums (The Fatman) ASKING players to trade kills with one another. I've come to the conclusion that many who rolled onto PvP servers are more RP-PvP types, rather than actually PvP oriented. It happens, and not much can be done about it. It's the same types of peeps who AFK in WZ's.

There actually was a "request" from a player on our server forums (The Fatman) ASKING players to trade kills with one another. I've come to the conclusion that many who rolled onto PvP servers are more RP-PvP types, rather than actually PvP oriented. It happens, and not much can be done about it. It's the same types of peeps who AFK in WZ's.

Would this be the reason I should have rolled on a PVP server?

Sure sad I missed that!

People don't want to play over a week of games to get a chance to get gear. :p

So as long as people are killing each other, everything's okay. Evidently, if this was such a big PvP problem, another group of 50s in protest could go to Ilum and attack one of the two colluding teams to troll the other one.

Edited by Knifewrench

Or just melee empire players who hate huttball.

Juggernauts should love huttball with their three leaps. That map is pretty much made for their class since all they have to do is chain leap frog for a win, and if they can't do it they might as well reroll.

Christ, they really are out of their depth.... this just shows how idiotic this game is becoming. Firstly they encourage cheating botting, exploiting an speed hacking by refusing to punish anyone... Now they are promoting cheating again...

Thank **** I cancelled, 20 days to go.

How many people do you need on each side to maximize profit? Is it a better Idea for whoever is being killed first to stick at their respective "safe zone" or is it a better idea to stick to the middle to avoid the 3 minute timer?