Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

I play a Gunnery Commando and think tracer spam is annoying. The reason I like the skill tree is it has tremendous burst potential and finishing power, regardless of what buttons you mash to get someone below 40% health. Having 2 knock backs and a stun makes finishing most healers/casters relatively easy and where I focus my efforts in most war zones.

You want to complain? Talk about how your resolve bar never fills up before your health bar empties unless you have heals. Talk about how even with a full resolve bar, force choke and other stun effects still interrupt your abilities. Talk about how healers have reduced rewards when compared with damage dealers.

I get focused down a lot. Do I need a nerf? Possibly. Why?

Think Mage in plate with heal buttons and a tank's damage reduction cooldowns.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor, Shield and Absorb stats hold no appreciable value in PvP

I like how because of one well-written QQ post asking for ez mode, every pvp tank has a chip on their shoulder now and is whining about mitigation.

Meanwhile, spider healing hvy armor troopers and BH's hold down points against 3:1 odds (in 50's bracket) and juggs/guards require 3:1 focus fire while powerwalking the huttball for a score.

Your skills hold no appreciable value in pvp. Those stats work fine.

They designed it that way, lol, you're supposed to spam it, it gives a stacking debuff.

Touche! Glad somebody said it. I throw an unload in there. A rail shot after cooldown. A stun after cooldown. A fusion missile just to mix things up, and for the dot and a jet boost to get melee fighters off my case.

I get focused down a lot. Do I need a nerf? Possibly. Why?

Think Mage in plate with heal buttons and a tank's damage reduction cooldowns.

I would have loved to have been in the discussion room when the most experienced PvP team ever assembled decided to get together with no doubt one of the most experienced PvE teams ever assembled to discuss how the various classes were going to work. I would have had a bunch of good laughs, I'm sure.

Hey, Guild Wars 2 removed the holy trinity... SWTOR combined them all into one class. Good job, BioWare!

Man I clicked that video link in class and saw the guy with only Tracer Missile on his bar and literally laughed out loud... and my teacher was talking about the death of Jesus... so now I look like both an idiot and an *** hole. LOL. fantastic....

But seriously... proof that you literally can 1 button DPS your way to the top of the damage charts with that class. So lame.

Tracer missile needs to be a cooldown ability with a secondry effect like fusion missile, with the damage lost spread across other core abilities. You shouldnt be able to out DPS the other DPS spec using 1 ability and far less heat :/

I specced my merc out of it because you end up being a 1 button class in both pvp and pve, which is boring. This is the only poor class design I've come across in TOR so far :/

Edited by NasherUK

that is all.

i love how there are some many stupid people that think that this fail video proves anything other than tracer missle does not do that much damage and if you are any thing near a compitent play you can counter it. a geared 50 against under 50s doing 2-3k crits

champ gear and raid gear and a level 42 trooper gets him down to almost a quarter life, I hope all the whiners can understand thats how bad they are when they lose to a merc and whine on the forums

Man I clicked that video link in class and saw the guy with only Tracer Missile on his bar and literally laughed out loud... and my teacher was talking about the death of Jesus... so now I look like both an idiot and an *** hole. LOL. fantastic....

But seriously... proof that you literally can 1 button DPS your way to the top of the damage charts with that class. So lame.

so lame peolpe dont really see whats going on in the video more proof of how bad you are at pvp.

What any skillless BH does. After 3 Tracer missles with the right talents it becomes worthless compared to other skills. The only good thing about it is the 5% debuff per stack. After that everything hits harder. I only use 3 Tm's per player and then follow up with TSM , Rail shot, Rocket punch, unload, power shot, tracer missle to keep debuff up. Wash repeat. You clearly are not fighting true bounty hunters :p Edited by Kayse

champ gear and raid gear and a level 42 trooper gets him down to almost a quarter life, I hope all the whiners can understand thats how bad they are when they lose to a merc and whine on the forums

Level 42 trooper was spamming the mirror ability Grav Round.

Irony meter at 10 point oh.

The class needs depth, period.

Yes, I play it and yes it bores me.

play something else then the stories not so great and the armor is akward why do you stay?

stricktly speaking arsenal (because thats what this is really about)

it has plenty of depth for a ranged dps nuker class (which granted isnt as much as other classes and minus the interupts i really wish there was a more viable ranged interupt)

you have attacks and resource managment

pvp fighting is diffrent than pve boss fighting and is diffrent than how to take out adds and that is a liitle diffrent then how you take out trash mobs

there is also positional awareness and knowing your stregneths and weakness along with how to run and survive which is hard for this class in my opinion

sure you can just spam tracer if you want but you will die alot and not really be as effective in a group as you could be

Tracer missile needs to be a cooldown ability with a secondry effect like fusion missile, with the damage lost spread across other core abilities. You shouldnt be able to out DPS the other DPS spec using 1 ability and far less heat :/

I specced my merc out of it because you end up being a 1 button class in both pvp and pve, which is boring. This is the only poor class design I've come across in TOR so far :/

CD? Srsly? Then what about heat signatures and heatseeker? And if you use only 1 button, well it's your problem, not class problem. Actually i didn't mean something like "MERCS ARE NOT OP, NERF SOMEONE ELSE PLOX", just nerf tracer damage to make rotation smthng like 3x tracer - heatseeker - unload - dart (if there more then 2 ppl)

Edited by ImmDev

CD? Srsly? Then what about heat signatures and heatseeker? And if you use only 1 button, well it's your problem, not class problem. Actually i didn't mean something like "MERCS ARE NOT OP, NERF SOMEONE ELSE PLOX", just nerf tracer damage to make rotation smthng like 3x tracer - heatseeker - unload - dart (if there more then 2 ppl)

It's not that tracer is OP. It's that they have zero incentive to use any of their other abilities. Watch the video again of the guy with only 1 button on his bar (tracer missile.)

That shouldn't work.

It's not that tracer is OP. It's that they have zero incentive to use any of their other abilities. Watch the video again of the guy with only 1 button on his bar (tracer missile.)

That shouldn't work.

Yeah yeah gray level noobs, gear without exper or whatever. 5 stack of hs with heatseeker > tracer, Unload with Riddle, Barrage, Pinning Fire perks > tracer, Dart (if >2ppl exist) > tracer. Still feel no sense?

The class needs depth, period.

Yes, I play it and yes it bores me.

I don't know about you, but it's pretty fun to me. I kinda like owning though, maybe you don't.

Oh, I also use, you know, all of those other abilities we get to facilitate said ownage.

That was probably your problem right there.

Seriously, the only ability I have that I don't use regularly in PvP is power shot.

Not to be overly cliche, but most classes are fun when you learn to play (and even master) them.

I don't know about you, but it's pretty fun to me. I kinda like owning though, maybe you don't.

Oh, I also use, you know, all of those other abilities we get to facilitate said ownage.

That was probably your problem right there.

Seriously, the only ability I have that I don't use regularly in PvP is power shot.

Not to be overly cliche, but most classes are fun when you learn to play (and even master) them.