The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rift? EvE? anything but WoW?

Toffle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Global Agenda is a free game with some great PvP, but there's a community of elitists that comprise about 1% of the population who are PvP gods and will murder your face relentlessly if you are unlucky enough to run across them in a PvP match.

It's a third-person RPG shooter MMO though; as in requires much more skill to play than any MMORPG.

Edited by Mhak

I love EvE but the bottom line with that game is if you didnt play from start or you dont have millions of training points your screwed lol.

Me and a few friends tried to play EvE a couple years back. Put a few hard training months into the game and farmed like made till we were at a few million training points. Jumped in some battleships we had (after researching different builds for our ships first and getting them decked out with top notch devices) went out to nullsec to pick a fight. Found a single battlecruiser (it was a tier 1 and battlecruiser are LESSER then battleships) and he just destroyed ALL of us with little to no effort.

ALL because he had WAY more time put into the game then we did. Thats when we all quit lol.

I know EvE players would ***** an moan but IMO EvE would get a LOT more subs if they just started a new fresh server.

PVP? The last time PVP in an MMO impressed me was when DAOC was out.

let's not forget shadowbane. it was the only true open pvp game i know of except for eve.

modern game companies, to include BW, either underestimate the demand for real pvp, or simply don't have the balls to allow it.

Global Agenda is a free game with some great PvP, but there's a community of elitists that comprise about 1% of the population who are PvP gods and will murder your face relentlessly if you are unlucky enough to run across them in a PvP match.

It's a third-person RPG shooter MMO though; as in requires much more skill to play than any MMORPG.

Played at launch....Had about 2 50s. The game was stale if you played it anything more than casually.

went back to kill time before swtor and they had added a whole lot of nothing in that time. Swtor pvp is fine for me. Warhammer and Daoc did it right.

let's not forget shadowbane. it was the only true open pvp game i know of except for eve.

modern game companies, to include BW, either underestimate the demand for real pvp, or simply don't have the balls to allow it.

Ok, if you are using Shadowlame as your prime example of good PvP, then your idea of good PvP is pretty much in the sewers.

EVE...really?

Set orbit range....start weapons firing.....turn on shield boosters and eccm,ecm and then go make a sammich and watch the news or sumthin..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

unless of course you run into someone that has tens of millions of skill point accumulated in which case you just blow up and get podded...what fun...

Edited by Angorak

It's because every PvP-centric MMO of the past 5 years has done fairly poor commercially.

Warhammer was a huge monetary investment that lost money for EA. That was the last foray into a pvp mmo for a large company. I personally loved Warhammer and wanted to see it become more than a game in maintenance mode.

I love EvE but the bottom line with that game is if you didnt play from start or you dont have millions of training points your screwed lol.

Me and a few friends tried to play EvE a couple years back. Put a few hard training months into the game and farmed like made till we were at a few million training points. Jumped in some battleships we had (after researching different builds for our ships first and getting them decked out with top notch devices) went out to nullsec to pick a fight. Found a single battlecruiser (it was a tier 1 and battlecruiser are LESSER then battleships) and he just destroyed ALL of us with little to no effort.

You do realize "a few million" doesn't cut it for battleships?

You just made typical noob mistakes everyone and his mother warns you about.

EVE...really?

Set orbit range....start weapons firing.....turn on shield boosters and eccm,ecm and then go make a sammich and watch the news or sumthin..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

EvE was pretty boring for my taste. It's more of a space sim than an mmo

ALL because he had WAY more time put into the game then we did. Thats when we all quit lol.

my Cyclone is fueled by your rage... jk

That said, I've seen 200k sp noobs take 60m sp bitter vets. The trick is how you specialize. If you look at the history of the goonfleet and TEST, they all started out as noobs in rifters and were never taken seriously until their rifters blotted out the suns in bob space.

In eve you get all flavors of pvp, ranging from piracy in tech 1 frigs, small gang HAC and BC roams, to capital ship and support ship sov campaigns that last weeks with up to 1100 combatants in a system. (node crashing ftl),

As much as i love eve, I got tried of sitting on a titan in a alpha maelstrom in a 600 person support fleet for hours listening to dbrb's dog barking "orders" on mumble while looking at the **** links posted in local char on the ingame browser... only find out there's no cyno and we have to go home...

I am definitely going to get GW2, but its not an MMO its a CORPG (co-op rpg).

You are incorrect, its a pure MMO, this is a fact.They ditched the GW1 system this is an open persistent world not like tors where everything is instanced.

EVE's pvp is what you make it, I was running scout last night for 2 frieghters an 35 support ships through Stain,me and another 2 scouts were the only thing between getting hot dropped an finding a clear path home.It has a full player economy, everytihng is made by the players.

Politics out the warzoo... an very quick instant an messy death if you mess up.

EVE is about you playing for yourself,you cant be griefed there is no such thing as calling a GM cos freddy killed me while I was fighting an NPC it isnt fair!!... GM will just say "pvp happened"

Edited by BegaTasty