Is has potential, but too many features are missing

Dreossk

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivial for you but the reason to stay for many others. Not everyone wants to just raid or do warzones. Having a good gameplay is indeed the base of the game but if they leave too many things out and delay their implementation, people won't stay around waiting for long.

If sitting in a chair is THE reason you are playing a game...well you have much, much bigger issues than not being able to virtually sit.

If sitting in a chair is THE reason you are playing a game...well you have much, much bigger issues than not being able to virtually sit.

If you want to play this game only for raids and PvP...you can delete all the mmorpg games now.

This post was a little long for me and I admit I just skimmed most of it - but I agree with what seemed the overall-point.

This game has a rather dull world. At first - it looks really good and the landscapes are the best I've seen. But they are rather "dead" just as the OP says.

The reasons for this is the worlds are very static. There is the intitial impression - then the world basically becomes nothing but a graphic with daily quests in them.

There is no transition. The environment never changes. There is no day and night, no changes in the weather - the NPCs do not evolve - even the music rarely plays and fails to add any personality to most areas.

Also there just isn't anything very productive or for that matter entertaining about revisiting old worlds. This hurts the life of the game, and makes it feel a lot less like a true MMORPG and more like a level-based single player action/adventure game.

It's going to hurt the game's longevity. I give this game 6 months tops unless some major changes are added.

OP, these are all great additions to the game to be added eventually. However I do think you're asking too much from a game that has only been out for a month. Some of these will be added eventually. Can't you be happy that they are rolling out content patches so fast? In WoW it's like once per 8 months.

I apologize but I have to disagree. I bought a complete finished product.

And I pay a monthly fee to play. It takes a few weeks to get to level 50. But after what you do? You lose time waiting for a patch that might come after months or a year? Now the players arrived at 50, everyone is happy to do raids but once a month will get tired. and then wait for the next patch the patch yet? What is missing here is a basic factor in any mmorpg. There musn't be only the leveling and gear.

The player must enter and live in the game world. Here there is no life.

OP, these are all great additions to the game to be added eventually. However I do think you're asking too much from a game that has only been out for a month. Some of these will be added eventually. Can't you be happy that they are rolling out content patches so fast? In WoW it's like once per 8 months.

In my opinion, these things should have been in the game in release. The reason why I unsubbed (I didn't start day 1, hasn't expired yet) was because I was not only coming to this game as a veteran of other MMOs like WoW and Rift, but also as a huge Star Wars fan, and to me the game failed to deliver in not only the MMO gameplay, but the immersion into the Star Wars universe.

Even if the faction imbalance, ability delay, and all the other gameplay-related problems get fixed soon, I won't be coming back, probably because I set my expectations too high. But what am I to expect, I ask you, when a Star Wars MMO is being made by a company like BioWare?

A better game than this, that's what.

Please BIOWARE read this thread and change the game.

You said that you would have heard all the requests of the player and tried to meet them.

Please consider them as a top priority. The first month will be all play, but I do not want this project falls.

They'll probably add all that eventually. I have to admit, planets do feel totally dead. That does need to be fixed at some point. I like to think EA made them release the game about 6 months early and that in 5 months time the game will be as intended for release. I may or may not be wrong.

Who among us will remain 6 years to wait for a complete and decisive mmorpg?

It's been a month and already I'm bored.

All the ideas in this post are what I would expect from this game from the beginning.

We hope that BioWare will read...and changes.

Who among us will remain 6 years to wait for a complete and decisive mmorpg?

It's been a month and already I'm bored.

All the ideas in this post are what I would expect from this game from the beginning.

We hope that BioWare will read...and changes.

So you're telling me a day/night cycle and being able to sit on chairs would change that?

I am writing on the forum while I'm waiting in the cantina. I have nothing to do until the evening raid. This isn't normal.

it's exactly what the 90% majority wants. the MMORPG players like to have to earn everything, which takes a LOT of time, the farmville folks who are the core of the MMO market nowadays don't want to do that.

Day Night cycle will be pretty hard for each planet. Each plannet has different cycles.

and pointless. people always complain about dark. they don't dark. true night can't be achieved because they want convenience and daytime visibility

it's why night in other games means an offwhite sky with white stars. it doesn't look/feel like night

people don't want night, weather stresses their rig so that means you have fewer people paying, etc

games are meant to appeal to the people who don't want a good game, they want a social lobby with a game going on around them.

it's exactly what the 90% majority wants. the MMORPG players like to have to earn everything, which takes a LOT of time, the farmville folks who are the core of the MMO market nowadays don't want to do that.

I guess I must be one of the 10% who doesn't need you talking for me.

If you want to play this game only for raids and PvP...you can delete all the mmorpg games now.

I want to play the game as intended. Yes I want to raid, yes I want to pvp, and yes I want to hang out with friends. I'm sorry, but it looks like you wanted a different game. RP to your crazy heads fall off, but almost none of the "features" on that list are anywhere approaching "needed".

You talk about peoples's opinion. But this is yours comment.

This is mine.

I want to see the city at night. I want to see the sunset and I want to see the sunrise.

I want to see the rain, sun, sand storms and snow.

I want to see it while I'm sitting on a mission to lose time from the other.

I want to see it surrounded by a square full of people moving and living a life.

I want to see people that give me a multitude of missions.

I want to do that mission and love to discover a world of immersive games.

I want to live in a digital livin world.

but...SWTOR...This is not.

this is the best post I have seen!

If the devs read this, whilst most of them focus on new content a few can spend the time making the worlds bigger, more populated and the game engine much more functionable. With enough modifications to the game they could really make something.

I think for NPC animations you should look a little at Lord of the Rings online.

THey have really good animations on the NPC's and have made a real population effort.

I still enjoy the game! its very fun :D

OH and For goodness sake can someone add a hairdresser + cosmetisist into each capital city. I wanna change my hair style and add a scar to my face, is that too much to ask?

x

The main cities like Coruscant, Kaas City, Nar Shaddaa, Corellia, etc. need more life. Hundreds of NPC must be added and they have to walk around, have animations and do things like using a computer, moving to talk to other NPC, going to cantina, etc. Dozens of NPC vehicles must also fly by and fill up the sky. Zones like in the movies must be added, social zones with no enemies, like the bar district or the dinner in ep2, or the building in the books, apartments, shops, attractions, social places, etc. Stop putting everything and every important NPC in the same place, we are not in that much of a hurry. The fleet is currently the only important place to be at level 50, add reasons to go back to the planets.

Hell NO!! sorry but that "feature" is not supported by Hero Engine, NPCs have to be standing and in small numbers in order to keep game performance.