Is has potential, but too many features are missing

Dreossk

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now almost one year passed since the op made this thread and what did change? He made a really good post, no ranting everything nicely thought through with examples and everything and nothing changed.

And i really dont think we will see any of those mentioned things in this game. Not with the current game engine. After a while of playing, one really gets the feeling this game was actually meant to be Kotor 3. But somebody came up with the idea to turn it into an MMO, by that time the game was far too progressed to change it.

Some others posted that you cant compare a new released MMO with older ones that already exsist since a couple of years, cuz they had time to evolve. Well here is the thing, if you put a product on the market and you want it to be successful, then you make sure that it has atleast the same function as the older products so it can compete.

As example mobile phones, we have iphone 5, to compete with that you wont put a device with a B&W screen on the market, with a low res cam and no internet function. But thats pretty much what BW/EA did with SWTOR.

That is actually really disappointing and makes me bit angry too, everybody had such high hopes for SWTOR, specially the old SWG players. We or atleast me, didnt expect it to be SWG 2 but atleast have basic MMO functions.

Reading all the bad news after release i didnt even bought the game back then. I was like "meh lets give it 6 months, so devs can fix it up" Then around May or June i bought the game, got my sentinel to lvl 50 in the free 30 days, cancelled my subscription and never looked back.

Now the game turned F2P, i subbed again and have pretty much the same feeling like 6 months ago. This game just really wont evolve in the right way. I think the biggest issue on hand is, that BW has no experience with making MMOs.

Edited by papragu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
100% agree I already maxed out with my characters and its just so boring now, I'm back to playing Lotro for now, there is just more to do and explore vs here. The space combat was a huge disappointment for me especially since I'm a former SWG player.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Everything you said in this post would be great. As much as I enjoy this game, it can get very old, very fast. I think features like these would certainly be a great way to not only bring in new players, but help keep old players as well. Another thing they could do is make the combat a little more flashy. It would likely be too hard to change the overall play style, so they could compensate with flashy moves. I understand aesthetics isn't everything, but it makes a HUGE difference. And like you said, other games already have most of these, adding them would simply be a good business tactic in the long run. It would make it easier for this game to compete with others. The fact that it's Star Wars themed can only carry it so far.