Is anyone else tired of Bioware pissing on Sentinels?

Araxus

did anyone notice that strike deals nearly as much dmg as slash? i think there is something wrong with this.

our 30% enhanced crit with blade rush is as high as a noncrit of a grav round which has 1,5s cast time and 30m range.

atleast the animation issues have been annouced being in work.

Edited by der_mawel

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen as there are, what appears to be, a large number of Sentinel players who are struggling; in particular those with the Combat tree, may I be so bold as to create a forum thread offering a guide to aid these players as opposed to being rather unhelpful by just stating "you're doing it wrong".

I don't play a Sentinel, but several guild members do. I've noticed that the Watchman tree seems to perform reasonably well where as the Combat tree tends to fair far less favourably. My knowledge of the Sentinel is lacking, however, I'd love to be able to point my members in the direction of this forum for help.

I view all the class forums just from the stand point of reinforcing my knowledge and I've noticed that other class forums seem alot quicker to rally round and assist new players.

I realise I won't win any contests for this post but I'd recommend members of this forum sit back and take a breath. MMO's are meant to be largely about community and it does no damage to offer to lend some insight and wisdom as opposed to making an unhelpful and unwelcoming response along the line of "learn to play" or other similar comments.

Another thing to bear in mind is that there are new people entering the MMO genre all the time as well as PC Gaming. When a big power house of a franchise comes along like Star Wars it will draw in alot of new people who are picking up an MMO or even a PC Game for the first time.

My 2 pence.

Regards,

Kelinor

Yes naturally if this thread was about asking for tips to improve the way they play the Sentinel. Its not however, its another thread where people complain about Sentinels being underpowered, useless, crappy and in need of buffing. Tired of it.

Yes naturally if this thread was about asking for tips to improve the way they play the Sentinel. Its not however, its another thread where people complain about Sentinels being underpowered, useless, crappy and in need of buffing. Tired of it.

Good post! The Sent forum is becoming redundant with the QQers. Instead of complaining they need to read other posts for help or tips. These posts are trash and taking up space for what could be valuable and insightful posts.

1. Mara/Sents are melee DPS. Get over it.

2. When the pvp community in this game matures, then people will stop dying often at "base camp" events. When that happens, it will be very very quiet until the campers leave and then engage somewhere else. When that engagement happens, melee DPS will happen.

Sentinels / Marauders are fine but they aren't for everyone. They take practice and aren't like some classes where you can faceroll with one ability. Read up on the class and try getting better instead of whining.

Rankith's guide is stickied, I would suggest starting there.

Did you read and not comprehend that those are Jedi Sentinel skills at the top, and Jedi Knight skills at the bottom?

You have several gap closers, slows, stuns, and damage mitigation. I don't see what the problem is really.

I mean not that i disagree with you, but do you even play a sent? I only ask because obviously hes talking about pvp and you listed opportune strike as one of our "perks" and said zealous leap is a gap closer....

I mean not that i disagree with you, but do you even play a sent? I only ask because obviously hes talking about pvp and you listed opportune strike as one of our "perks" and said zealous leap is a gap closer....

Killer, you will find many of the people trying to say that the Sentinel is a matter of skill don't actually play a Sentinel. Most of them play Guardians or Sorcerers as a main.

Killer, you will find many of the people trying to say that the Sentinel is a matter of skill don't actually play a Sentinel. Most of them play Guardians or Sorcerers as a main.

This^

Seriously, sentinels' quality of life varies drastically with spec, application, and subjective player ability. I do nto agree that all peeps voicing dissatisfaction are "QQers" or that they are bad players. And so what if they are? The sentinel is one of the classes most folks want to play. It should not require the best player skill to be successful.

I have found many ways to make my combat sentinel work for me. Of course, that I have had to find and adopt "work-arounds" (e.g., excessive gearing) is only evidence that there are issues. All classes should be balanced such that they get the equal reward for equal investment of time, energy, and credits. That is "balance." That I cna work hard and successfully overcome hurdles is a testament to my ability, NOT evidence of class balance. Some of us who post in theses forums that our sentinels perform beautifully, if at the helm of any other class, would be truly pwning. If you can master the sentinel and pwn, then you are going to find you pwn all as a BH (for example).

For the records, I don't think the class is irrevocably or even excessivley broken at all, but there are bugs that need to be addresses (which Georg Zoeller has very kindly informed us are being worked on as we "speak"). When the bugs don't cripple me, I tend to do just fine, though even when all things work properly, I am working harder for the same results other classes get with less effort/investment.

Hello i am a Marauder lv 50 . Let me start by congratulating you on playing on 1 of the hardest pvp class to play correctly . Given that we have no knockback n pull or w/e .. if you use ur cd correctly and you vanish type ability whevever you can its realy easy to dominate whit a marauder/sentinel . Keep in mind we are not suposed to go in head down into the frey whitout watching what is going on. Play it sneaky play it carefuly. Edited by VoodooDrae

What DO you have?

Instead of focusing on the DON'T, focus on the DO.

Force Exhaustion - slow with a DOT and an explode at the end of it.

Precision Slash - 100% armor penetration for 6 seconds.

Zealous Leap - gap closer.

Rebuke - damage mitigation.

Leg Slash - a second slow.

Crippling Throw - mortal strike (-20% healing for 15 seconds).

Transcendence - 10 second party +50% move speed (a second gap closer).

Pacify - -90% accuracy for 6 seconds to target.

Force Camoflauge - +30% movement speed for 4 seconds.

Guarded by the Force - -50% hp for 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

Awe - 6 second disorient.

Dispatch - a nice damage execute.

Force Kick - interrupt on a short CD.

Force Leap - short CD leap that also stuns and interrupts.

Force Stasis - channeled stun that does nice damage.

Force Sweep - we've all seen the video of this skill in action .......

Opportune Strike - does great damage to Slowed/Immobilized targets.

Saber Ward - 12 second damage mitigation.

Shii-Cho Form - +3% damage given -3% damage taken.

Now, you don't look so bad off. As a Gunslinger, I'm locked down due to Cover. Instead of crying about what I DON'T have, I instead learn what I DO have and how best to enter/exit Cover.

I hope you realize that most of these abilities are from all the different specs. Please get out of our forum.

Illum is broken for all republic but way more for most melee.

My server has a ongoing siege outside the rep base (Helms Deep ftw) of 70-100imps vs 10-20 reps.

At least troopers, GS, & Sages can spam skills from inside the fortress and get some kills.....hell even Guardians can toss a saber throw here and there and get the hit to make the kill count for the daily.

Scoudrel, and dps shadows can do almost nothing....and Sent watch the action or can only leap an ocassional pull but must stealth back inside the fort or get destroyed

I agree sentinels need some tweaking, but really the title of this thread is unnecessary. Georg has said they are looking into several issues plaguing sentinels and that a result will be delivered soon. I think we should certainly bring issues to BW's attention, but I hardly think these issues are them "pissing" on us.

Well I am a Jedi Sentinel and have almost all those abilities so he isn't far off :p

I'm a Combat Sentinel and yes I have many of those abilities... But there are a couple he is lying about.

This is not a second gap closer. It requires 30 stacks of centering. And while I sometimes can get that in PVP to close gaps it is hardly reliable. My "insta centering" ability has a 3 minute cool down, a "once every 3 minutes" gap closer is no gap closer at all.

This is one of the slowest movement powers in the game.

This doesn't stun. Also it has a long minimum range.

This doesn't do "nice damage" and it stuns us.

Only if one is Focus Spec.

I'm DPS, damage mitigation isn't a real issue.

Focus spec only.

I'm a Combat Sentinel and yes I have many of those abilities... But there are a couple he is lying about.

This is not a second gap closer. It requires 30 stacks of centering. And while I sometimes can get that in PVP to close gaps it is hardly reliable. My "insta centering" ability has a 3 minute cool down, a "once every 3 minutes" gap closer is no gap closer at all.

This is one of the slowest movement powers in the game.

This doesn't stun. Also it has a long minimum range.

This doesn't do "nice damage" and it stuns us.

Only if one is Focus Spec.

I'm DPS, damage mitigation isn't a real issue.

Focus spec only.

Try Watchman Walsh. At first I wanted to be a combat sentinel too. But man....watchman is.... I don't have words. Trascendence almost a constant buff. Ppl who push you die without you on melee range....close quarters at pve...omg.... juyo...omg

Either way, it would be nice to combat be buffed.

Try Watchman Walsh. At first I wanted to be a combat sentinel too. But man....watchman is.... I don't have words. Trascendence almost a constant buff. Ppl who push you die without you on melee range....close quarters at pve...omg.... juyo...omg

Either way, it would be nice to combat be buffed.

Yeah, Combat might need a slight damage buff (but I doubt it since the top Sentinel on my server is Combat and averages like 500k damage per WZ). Sentinel is a l2p class. If you want something faceroll, play pretty much anything else. And @OP Sentinels make amazign ball carriers in Huttball, whether you have heals or not.

Edited by nschlan

What DO you have?

Instead of focusing on the DON'T, focus on the DO.

Force Exhaustion - requires focus spec

Precision Slash - requires combat spec

Zealous Leap - focus spec again

Rebuke - damage mitigation.

Leg Slash - only slow.

Crippling Throw - mortal strike (-20% healing for 15 seconds).

Transcendence - 10 second party +50% move speed (10% chance to work)

Pacify - -90% accuracy for 6 seconds to target.

Guarded by the Force - -50% hp for 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds(another 10% chance to work

Awe - 6 second disorient 6 sec animation

Dispatch - *hit with wet noodle*

Force Kick - interrupt on a short CD.

Force Leap - short CD leap that also stuns and interrupts(10% chance to land in range of the enemy with 75% chance to get knocked back or stunned when you jump on someone

Force Stasis - channeled stun that does no damage.

Force Sweep - we've all seen the video of this skill in action(focus spec or worthless)

Opportune Strike - does great damage to Slowed/Immobilized targets.(not useable in pvp)

Saber Ward - 12 second damage mitigation.(3 min cd)

Shii-Cho Form - +3% damage given -3% damage taken.(yet again focus spec)

Now, you don't look so bad off. As a Gunslinger, I'm locked down due to Cover. Instead of crying about what I DON'T have, I instead learn what I DO have is a knockback into a flashbang while i run away

fixed