Cross-server Flashpoint finder -- Still very badly needed

AeonWeapon

I'm getting tired of trying to find teams for flashpoints and having to spend a half hour or more in general chat repeating LFG LFG LFG LFG every 5 minutes before finding a group. So many times lately I'm finding I just don't want to waste time doing it so I log out and do something else with my time. I have limited time to play, about 1-2 hours at the most in a weekday, and I don't want to waste that time. I want to just get in and be playing the mission I want to play within 5-10 minutes.

Additionally, this is more a problem lately, because server population is light since the first month ended. I knew this would happen. Too many servers were made because everyone was crying for early access and then queues, but then so many players didn't play beyond the first month that came with the game. Now we're left with the player base scattered far across so many servers. Also, after the initial new game excitement wears off and people get it out of their system a bit and settle in, even subscribers generally play less each day.

We badly need a LFG tool to quickly get teams together for group content.

And now people are going to say a bunch of nonsense crap about how this would kill community, but there's little community anyway. So many people are antisocial and don't want to team up with anyone for any missions but flashpoints. So many don't bother with heroics, people only team if they have the same mission because there's no incentives, the level 50 flashpoints aren't even bothered with because people don't care about the stories and just want to leap into hard mode at 50 for gear gear gear gear. Everyone jsut wants gogogogogogogo for more gear, more creds, more xp, spacebar through everything, stop chatting, let's gogogo. Most people don't bother even turning in missions together and sharing dialogue for social points when they do team with you, they just go "k thx bye" *left team*. There's little community, and what little community there is would be helped by a LFG tool, not harmed.

TL;DR = There's less players now, we're all spread out on alot of light population servers, takes too long to find a team, ruins fun, we badly need a fast cross-server tool to find groups for flashpoints.

Edited by AeonWeapon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now people are going to say a bunch of nonsense crap about how this would kill community, but there's little community anyway. So many people are antisocial and don't want to team up with anyone for any missions but flashpoints. So many don't bother with heroics, people only team if they have the same mission because there's no incentives, the level 50 flashpoints aren't even bothered with because people don't care about the stories and just want to leap into hard mode at 50 for gear gear gear gear. Everyone jsut wants gogogogogogogo for more gear, more creds, more xp, spacebar through everything, stop chatting, let's gogogo. Most people don't bother even turning in missions together and sharing dialogue for social points when they do team with you, they just go "k thx bye" *left team*. There's little community, and what little community there is would be helped by a LFG tool, not harmed.

BW have already said some kind of dungeon finder will be put in, but not cross server.

cross server gives ppl a licence to act like a jerk, you don't need to worry about how you act you don't need to worry about getting a bad reputation coz you will never see these ppl again, Blizzard found this out and BW are learning from Blizzards mistakes

Edited by grandmthethird

Cross-server LFG is a bad thing.

Yes, you get groups faster, but you end up stuck with the worst players.

Even if that was true... which I never felt was true... I would rather get a team fast, I have better things to do than spend a half hour trying to find people who happen to be doing the same flashpoint. Even in guild it's hard to find people who are looking to do the same one and haven't done it yet today.

Just cut all the BS and make it easy.

Server yes, Cross server no

Also where is this all great community everyone claims it would kill? Oh thats right, they are queue for PvP WZ or planetside questing solo.

Yes what you say in the second sentence is very true..... so why would you be against cross server teaming so we can just easily find the mission we want and get one with it?

I'll getting tired of trying to find teams for flashpoints and having to spend a half hour or more in general chat repeating LFG LFG LFG LFG every 5 minutes before finding a group. So many times lately I'm finding I just don't want to waste time doing it so I log out and do something else with my time. I have limited time to play, about 2 hours at the most in a day, and I don't want to waste that time. I want to just get in and be playing the mission I want to play within 5-10 minutes.

Additionally, this is more a problem lately, because server population is light since the first month ended. I knew this would happen. Too many servers were made because everyone was crying for early access and then queues, but then so many players didn't play beyond the first month that came with the game. Now we're left with the player base scattered far across so many servers. Also, after the initial new game excitement wears off and people get it out of their system a bit and settle in, even subscribers generally play less each day.

TL;DR = There's less players now, we're all spread out on alot of light population servers, takes too long to find a team, ruins fun, we badly need a fast cross-server tool to find groups for flashpoints.

no no. a thousand times no.

I agree a same server system would be helpful. but not cross server

btw - you and anyone else that uses the general chat to look for a group. we see your LFG messages. there's no need to spam it every 30 seconds in order to keep it 'visible' in the general chat. that will actually stop me from wanting to join your group

Even if that was true... which I never felt was true... I would rather get a team fast, I have better things to do than spend a half hour trying to find people who happen to be doing the same flashpoint. Even in guild it's hard to find people who are looking to do the same one and haven't done it yet today.

maybe you would. but we(aka the majority) do not want to waste our time grouping with greedy looters, afkers, and other incompetent players that dont care how they act cause they're not on your server.

Edited by FourTwent

Same thing, then everyone would end up on a few busy servers and alot of servers would die. Seen it happen in other games.

The point is to merge dead servers with other ones instead of just leaving them dead.

Even before free play expired, there were servers that were starved for people. If you ask me, even servers that are listed as standard aren't populated enough, particularly if you are playing on republic side.

I jumped around a bit to a few servers and did a Who in various areas. 30 people in fleet during primetime is disheartening. Those servers won't ever thrive if they ignore the problem.

Bunch of nonsense crap about how this would kill "community", but there's little community anyway. So many people are antisocial and don't want to team up with anyone for any missions but flashpoints.

So many don't bother with heroics, people only team if they have the same mission because there's no incentives, the level 50 flashpoints aren't even bothered with because people don't care about the stories and just want to leap into hard mode at 50 for gear gear gear gear.

Everyone just wants gogogogogogogo anyway, for more gear, more creds, more xp, spacebar through everything, stop chatting, let's gogogo.

Most people don't bother even turning in missions together and sharing dialogue for social points when they do team with you, they just go "k thx bye" *left team*. There's little community, and what little community there is would be helped by a LFG tool, not harmed.

Maybe you feel that way, most people dont and luckily Bioware is among those people. Go join a guild and make friends, an MMO is a social game. WoW has managed to kill most of the social aspect and now people think thats what an MMO is suppose to be like. Its not.

Its about joining guilds, making friends and a name for yourself. And you will have no problem running anything. Im in an active and friendly guild, i come online and there is no shortage of people who want to do flashpoints. Get a group together of just guildies, on TS, in less then 5min. And im a pure dps! So its not like i got the role thats most in demand.

but with cross server LFD you get a team quick, enter dungeon/flashpoint. run down the corridor meet a bunch of mobs some1 dies, every1 leaves group. you go back to LFD find a new group do the exact same thing, half an hour later you turn it off. coz a group never lasts more than 5 mins

The point is to merge dead servers with other ones instead of just leaving them dead.

Even before free play expired, there were servers that were starved for people. If you ask me, even servers that are listed as standard aren't populated enough, particularly if you are playing on republic side.

I jumped around a bit to a few servers and did a Who in various areas. 30 people in fleet during primetime is disheartening. Those servers won't ever thrive if they ignore the problem.

Yeah I agree, mergers would be good for pvp and stuff, and transfers IF they're free (some games charge you for them... and I bet EA would)

But for PvE flashpoints, there would be huge benefit in fun vs. wasted downtime by finding teams fast.

I'll getting tired of trying to find teams for flashpoints and having to spend a half hour or more in general chat repeating LFG LFG LFG LFG every 5 minutes before finding a group. So many times lately I'm finding I just don't want to waste time doing it so I log out and do something else with my time. I have limited time to play, about 2 hours at the most in a day, and I don't want to waste that time. I want to just get in and be playing the mission I want to play within 5-10 minutes.

The only nonsense here, skip, is your argument. Been tried in wow. Player base hated it. Wow is dying because of this and other decisions brought on by posters like yourself.

Let me make this clear as I can. Not going to happen. Not ever.

This is not a shooter and its not going to end up being one.

Join a guild. Stop being a negative player (as you are demonstrating here), take your ADHD go back to wow. Number of options there for ya. ;p

Yanno, we tend to see the word as we are....do the math.... ;p

NO NO NO and if you missed it NO.

If anything I would easily support a same server tool that works like the lfg tool in wow.

However having a cross server was the stupidest thing wow did. Cross server allows others to act like idiots as their actions will not have much of any repercussions due to the fact that running into someone again would be slim. So they will just do stupid things just to get a laugh.

Attack boss before anyone else is ready, decide to aggro a different set of mobs while you are not finished with the set you are fighting, being lazy with their dps/heals/tanking and getting the group defeated.

At least if the person is on your server they cannot hide and will get a rep, no group will want them, no guild will risk a negative mark to their rep.

Edited by Fizbanic

WoW is a nonsense game anyway. City of Heroes had a global name used across all servers and you could see friends on other servers, a global friend list, and it benefitted from it. In a game populated by real gamers, these things work. In a game full of pokemon playing kids and immature casual gamers like WoW, maybe it would be harmful.

Quality of life in an MMO is always improved by limiting downtime and allowing you to get more into the fun time easier.