Top healing and 2 medals.

BloodySunBoy

What is silly is that when I play DPS as SI I get 3 out of the 4 healing medals.

As healer I can't get 2.5k damage or 5k damage.

What's even sillier is that 5k healing can be gotten by everyone with biochem =/

The dps don't get bunches of medals for simply dpsing. They only get 2 more (10/25 kills), and they are SO easy for you to get, you just refuse to do it.

75k dps, 300k dps, 2.5k hit, 5k hit, 10 kills, 25 kills.

75k heals, 300k heals, 2.5k heal, 5k heal.

Yes, its easy for DPS to get our heal medals. But its just as easy to get some of theirs! stop being bad. Healing and doing nothing but healing is so easy, you only deserved 2 medals. You couldn't even get a 5k heal or do 300k healing. Why are you supposed to be rewarded again?

Did you honestly get a 5k healing medal on level 45 ? I have to pop everything I got and pray to the gods of random to get mine with 5 champion items to reach that, hell I even have to do the same to get the 2.5k damage one, can't even get near the 5k damage one.

I honestly have no issue with the medals in this game. If you and your team are doing your job you are fine. I read this post and decided to go play one, definitely not my best game but a good way to end the night: https://live.staticflickr.com/7166/6735223123_ce758b575b_b.jpg I could of done more damage if I was paying attention, but I mainly was face rolling the heals. The one medal I have never received though, is the 5k healing one, apparently I just don't have enough surge to pull that one off, but i do have a 20% alacrity.

I honestly have no issue with the medals in this game. If you and your team are doing your job you are fine. I read this post and decided to go play one, definitely not my best game but a good way to end the night: https://live.staticflickr.com/7166/6735223123_ce758b575b_b.jpg I could of done more damage if I was paying attention, but I mainly was face rolling the heals. The one medal I have never received though, is the 5k healing one, apparently I just don't have enough surge to pull that one off, but i do have a 20% alacrity.

The biggest issue with what you posted is that you're 50, possibly geared (I'm unfamiliar with gear, so correct me if I'm wrong), and still only net 7 medals. As a healer, that's very good. Compared to other roles, that's average, at least from what I've seen. Being 50 certainly helps in netting those damage medals, it still takes a while though.

The majority of people complaining about healing roles not being worthwhile are under 50, more than likely under 40. Some people might shrug it off that they're not 50 so it's irrelevant, but that's very ignorant to do. In fact, that point alone proves being a healer in pvp is generally not worthwhile.

I will give you I am 50 and have my 4/5 bonus. Now what I wont give you is I have been 50 since last Saturday. My points have only gone up slightly since then and every day that I get a new piece. When I was at 35+ If I went straight healing I would get 300-400k and if I hybrid I would normally go around 80k damage and 250kish healing, meaning I would lose out on one medal on average. So you are correct in saying the gear and level help, but honestly, there is a bit of skill required to get more medals and as some one else pointed out, there are only 2 more medal that a DPS can get. All you have to do as a healer is do a few auto/cast attacks and you will receive those as well, as you can see I did minimal damage but got very high amounts of kills.

Yay wall of text!

Also as my edit: Please notice every one elses medals, we all have 5-7 on the republic side. For a void star, that pretty much is as good as it gets (8-9 is REALLY pushing it), you will not be receiving any objective ones just because there isn't that many points for it.

Edited by HujoeBigs

The biggest issue with what you posted is that you're 50, possibly geared (I'm unfamiliar with gear, so correct me if I'm wrong), and still only net 7 medals. As a healer, that's very good. Compared to other roles, that's average, at least from what I've seen. Being 50 certainly helps in netting those damage medals, it still takes a while though.

The majority of people complaining about healing roles not being worthwhile are under 50, more than likely under 40. Some people might shrug it off that they're not 50 so it's irrelevant, but that's very ignorant to do. In fact, that point alone proves being a healer in pvp is generally not worthwhile.

Just a few points:

1) the worth of doing pvp is not medals. If it is for you, stop tunnel vision healing.

2) 7 medals is good. I get between 5-8 on my Ops; Rank 37/443 expertise

3) my Mercenary averaged 4-5 medals going from 16-21 in PvP. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/staysa01/Screenshot_2012-01-16_22_45_24_8312342222222222.jpg Kandyce, our healer, got 8. Other then Lina (who somehow got 13) nobody got more then our healer did.

4) L2P

The medal system should not exist in the first place as there is no way to balance it.

I feel for your plight but what else is there, you cant be given a ton of medals for sitting in the back lines and spamming heals for 15 minutes.

On the flip side my alt powertech isnt 50 yet but I can get 8+ medals almost every time, 5 from the damage medals and 3 defense medals from spamming my 2 instant, ranged, taunts every time they're off cooldown which costs me nothing. I dont even have to guard and lose myself hp unless its the ball carrier.

3 medals for casting 2 instants a few times.

Edited by Siraco

you where useless since you lost, typical l2p issue.

+1 for the L2P

Even if u heal a ton,getting the medal for Killing blow can be done with just 1 atk,and if u use an aoe or 2,or even just hit 10 ppl once they all die that's another easy heal.

On top of that u can get 2.5k heal,75k total easy,and 5k heal if ur heal spec.

Also the sorcs i play with/Vs which r 50 can put out 300k to 400k damage while still doing 100k to 200k healing. On Kas one of the best scors i've played with/vs does this all the time and gets 11 medals 4 out of 5 games.These numbers do of course come from full 15 min WZ

so i don't think healers need more medals,they just need to learn to multitask more

Bah healers.. you at least get the medals... =)

Try to score all hutball points or become a guard for the ball scorrer and you will be happy to get even 1 medal [im talking about the situation where you play as a tank and do a major support role, playing like that may result in winning the match in less than 3 minutes but you will get none or 1 max 2 medals since you dont kill anything you either knockback oponents and guard the ball handler or you score the points yourself, either way you end up with pathetic 30-40 commendations, same goes for other warzones when you play a major role as a guarder/stunner - you get nothing but without you your team would not win]

Just a few points:

1) the worth of doing pvp is not medals. If it is for you, stop tunnel vision healing.

2) 7 medals is good. I get between 5-8 on my Ops; Rank 37/443 expertise

3) my Mercenary averaged 4-5 medals going from 16-21 in PvP. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/staysa01/Screenshot_2012-01-16_22_45_24_8312342222222222.jpg Kandyce, our healer, got 8. Other then Lina (who somehow got 13) nobody got more then our healer did.

4) L2P

I average 5-6 medals in most WZ as a healer, I think 7 was my max. I'm only 35 on the healer. I'm not entirely sure if the "worth" of pvp that you're describing is for the fun of it or often the pitifully opposite "to win or ****". Because if it is, then there really shouldn't be pvp rewards period in your idea of pvp. I pvp for the fun of it, win or lose, it's a nice feeling being a significant reason why your team can kill off the opposition (because you healed them through it).

Realizing though that in fights where constant healing is necessary, you basically either let your teammates die so you can be sure you get some sort of damage on the other team or you just keep healing and lose out on kill credit. Choosing the first is opposite to your role... "so just let the guy die and get the hit in" right? Fine and dandy, except my taking rewards/medals as a priority places me in your 1st point apparently. :(

My own gripe about it is just the fact that its just so mind-numbingly simple to do well as dps and be rewarded fully. Then again, that's never any different in any game lol. What is different is that healing (and often only healing) is rewarded equally.

+1 for the L2P

Even if u heal a ton,getting the medal for Killing blow can be done with just 1 atk,and if u use an aoe or 2,or even just hit 10 ppl once they all die that's another easy heal.

On top of that u can get 2.5k heal,75k total easy,and 5k heal if ur heal spec.

Also the sorcs i play with/Vs which r 50 can put out 300k to 400k damage while still doing 100k to 200k healing. On Kas one of the best scors i've played with/vs does this all the time and gets 11 medals 4 out of 5 games.These numbers do of course come from full 15 min WZ

so i don't think healers need more medals,they just need to learn to multitask more

Comparing a consular (class OP is ) to Sorcerer is a bit meaningless since the Sorc has a pretty viable DPS healing build that can get those types of numbers you post with good PvP (+expertise) gear. That's just a general problem with the balance of the Sith Sorcerer class and I think Bioware probably will at some point nerf the dog and reduce the dmg burst a Sorc can put out with a hybrid build since it is above and beyond anything a Sage can pump out in terms of DPS.

The healing numbers for voidstar aren't that high as a consular in stalemate I can pump out about 400K plus no problems, but that only happens if the team has failed a bit and get stuck at a door.

I agree that the medals are BS at the moment, and as a healer if you want to go above a few you start looking for kills.

Edited by Ewgal

I will give you I am 50 and have my 4/5 bonus. Now what I wont give you is I have been 50 since last Saturday. My points have only gone up slightly since then and every day that I get a new piece. When I was at 35+ If I went straight healing I would get 300-400k and if I hybrid I would normally go around 80k damage and 250kish healing, meaning I would lose out on one medal on average. So you are correct in saying the gear and level help, but honestly, there is a bit of skill required to get more medals and as some one else pointed out, there are only 2 more medal that a DPS can get. All you have to do as a healer is do a few auto/cast attacks and you will receive those as well, as you can see I did minimal damage but got very high amounts of kills.

Yay wall of text!

Also as my edit: Please notice every one elses medals, we all have 5-7 on the republic side. For a void star, that pretty much is as good as it gets (8-9 is REALLY pushing it), you will not be receiving any objective ones just because there isn't that many points for it.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with what you're saying. It takes some skill to gain medals in warzones as a healer. You have to pay attention to far more things than any other role in pvp, not to mention time that kill steal. ;)

I suppose the thing to keep in mind about being a healer is this though, healing specs will (currently) practically never hit those double-digit medals that other roles sometimes can. Maybe it'll happen once in a long long while, never seen or heard of it though. If you want to make your time most beneficial, you're going to nearly always be better off being dps.

You can do more than purely healing.

On my Sith Sorcerer, I've had 9 medals and could have gotten more if I thought about it.

You can get the following relatively easy.

2.5k Heal

5k Heal

75k Healed

300k Healed

Killing Blow

75k DPS

5 Kills

10 Kills

1k Defender Points

3k Defender Points

All you need to do, is just pump out your instant abilities for the DPS.

The only thing I would like to see, is perhaps a tracker on your progression. How far you are on towards each medal.

Yes, there should be a lot more healing medals. In EVERY other MMO I have played in healing spec, but not in SWTOR because the medal system would punish me every single round for doing that. No thank you.

(Also actually defending a node or attacking/healing a ball carrier should give you medals. Just my 2 cents.)

You can do more than purely healing.

On my Sith Sorcerer, I've had 9 medals and could have gotten more if I thought about it.

You can get the following relatively easy.

2.5k Heal

5k Heal

75k Healed

300k Healed

Killing Blow

75k DPS

5 Kills

10 Kills

1k Defender Points

3k Defender Points

All you need to do, is just pump out your instant abilities for the DPS.

The only thing I would like to see, is perhaps a tracker on your progression. How far you are on towards each medal.

This is is though!

This isnt wow or any other mmo. Its SW:TOR. We are ALL hybrids here.

Use your abilities to not be useless. As a sage I have alot of damage abilities, and unlike other MMO's they are NOT completely useless because I specced a healer-role.

However, the ease of getting healer medals for others should probably get lowered so there is some balance.

If I get 500k heal, I usually get less medals then if I get 300k and focus on other things, both ways are "fine" really since its all about prioritizing, you never ever ever need to really top someone off here, just make sure they are out of critical hps and then help kill whatever kills them instead.

Its really a nice system once you realize you are not a pure healbot anymore.

I get 6+ medals consistently, up to 7-10 occasionally by actually doing other stuff while I am healing. If all a healer does is spam heals the entire match, he is kind of useless anyway. Healers could use maybe one more medal, but more than that is rewarding bad players too much. Edited by Kal-Ekh

I am a healer and I don't really think they should add more medal for it.

Why? Simply because they would have to add more dps medals for the same values and then your back to where you started.

If we look at the diffrence between a dps and a healer.

The healer got 2,5k, 5k, 75k and 300k healing medals.

The dps gets 2,5k, 5k, 75k, 300k, 10 kills, 25 kills, killing blow and solo kill.

A healer can usually get a killing blow without problems, (and 25 kills if you ain't stupid and want medals), but I would say that they should give kills to the healers assisting those who kill the other players.

Then the only diffrence would be killing blow and solo kill and in a typical wz the killing blow is easy tog et for most people while the solo kill can be a *****.