Top healing and 2 medals.

BloodySunBoy

Not that I don't think healers deserve more medals mind you, but this is about the worst example screenshot you could provide.

Your team got absolutely rolled. Most imperial players on the winning side from this probably only got 3-4 medals because they rolled so hard.

Edited by AtmaTheWanderer

Yea, I've noticed that as well, I did 362k Healing only 10k damage, and had 3 medals total, the 75k healing, the 2.5k heal, and the 5k heal; it's making me want to go damage just so I can get more commendations and get more gear.

Healing should get way more medals, like 75k healing, 150k healing, 300k healing, 5 2.5k heals, 5 5k heals, and maybe heal the same person for 75k healing.

This in turn would allow us to keep up to the damage medals, my brother on his Warrior can get 8-12 medals easily, whereas I only can get a maximum of 5 or 6 if I get the Defender medals.

Your stats mean literally nothing if you lose, especially 6-0.

Yea they do.

If you would look closely that she only got two medals for her healing. But the person on her team that did 157k damage got 5 medals, he/she got 150 more valor, and 15 more commendations for doing that much damage, whereas she did 215k healing.

Stats do mean something even if you lose, it shouldn't matter if you win or lose, stats are stats.

I'm still in the 40 pvp with lvl 47-ish mods and can almost top the healing charts, or be a close second while still getting at least 4 medals.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/1game.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/2bestgame.png/

I think once I get better gear I'll be able to dip into the 50k damage talent and hopefully the 5k heal talent as well. These are in PUGs, too; you pretty much have to be retroactive and help burst when needed, etc.

PS: sorry for terrible quality of photos and such =/

Edited by metalheadwizard

Honestly, if you're going at healing 100% of the time, and you're only getting 210k healing done, one of 2 scenarios is occuring:

1)You're team didn't take much damage, in which case there is no reason you can't do some killing in between heals, or

2)You're doing it wrong.

Throw an AoE. Auto attack a target going down. Get in on kills and you'll get 2 more medals at 10 and 25. You can probably get a killing blow just by getting lucky, thats another 1. 75k dmg done is pretty fast and easy to get as well. Add the two you already got for heals, and you're up to a respectable 6 already, and didn't really do anything hard.

If you are good, and want to stand out, use your CDs and get a 2.5k dmg hit on somebody. Solo kill is situational, but as a healer we actually do pretty well as we can outlast a lot of players 1v1. That's 7 and 8 now. I see you also didn't get a 5k heal medal, that often requires getting out of combat and losing the 30% debuff and critting. You're up to 9. Some WZs allow for defense points, aldaraan for example the 1k defender pts medal is a practicle freebie.

Bottom line is, healers are quite capable. Look up what medals are possible and what it takes to earn them. Once you have that, you'll find its actually quite easy to start getting them as a healer. Here's a screenshot of a WZ where I did about the same amount of healing, actually died once more than you did, and got 9 medals. Not my record most I ever got was 11 or 12 i think with defense medals, but I usually net 7-9, and end of fight stats look like this on average.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/sonan303/Screenshot_2012-01-13_13_23_44_766815.jpg

you where useless since you lost, typical l2p issue.

This seems to be a typical response from most people. They completely avoid the issue presented, and instead choose to comment on an irrelevant topic of their choosing.

Question: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Answer: "I like green apples!"

Does anyone else see this sort of thing happen all the time - or is it just me?

This seems to be a typical response from most people. They completely avoid the issue presented, and instead choose to comment on an irrelevant topic of their choosing.

Question: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Answer: "I like green apples!"

Does anyone else see this sort of thing happen all the time - or is it just me?

It's not an irrelevant topic. It's poorly phrased.

Here, I will elaborate for you.

The Imps do not have an insane kill tally. This means that what was happening was more of a factor that the republic players were doing poorly as a whole, not guarding points, not tagging bombers. They also have 3 healers. This is too much healing, if you have this much, you need to start actually DPSing a bit.

The end result is that the poster, and everyone in this battleground on the republic side, needs to learn to play. The battleground simply did not last long enough for ANYONE, losers OR winners, to accumulate any significant numbers of medals.

Here's the TL;DR version: You don't deserve more medals because you spent the match alternating clicking between two buttons and maybe using your autoattack to stop one or two caps. Learn when to heal and when to DPS.

Edited by AtmaTheWanderer

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/screenshot2012012109015.jpg/

Is there any kind of patch on its way that makes healing less pointless medal wise?, if you bunker down and spend the whole time powerhealing big fights, keeping everyone alive and subsequently do little to no damage you get almost nothing for it : /

You know, a healer doesnt just need to heal, do more damage and get more kills... Dont blame the system, I usually get 6-7 medals now as a healer.

I don't know if its a good idea to add more healing medals. I've been playing healing merc for last 3-4 weeks my average medal income would be 9. Usually end up at 11 thought.

Normal stats for a single game usually are around 350-500k healing 60-180k dmg 3000ish objective points.

Following medals are super easy to get, 6 of em i usually get first few minutes.

Heal

2500 heal

5000 heal

75k healing

300k healing

Dmg

2500 dmg

75k dmg

Kills

Killing blow

10 kills

25 kills

Objective points

I would say that a good healer do dmg when healing is not needed, a good healer should know when to heal and when to do dmg. The turning point of a fight can be when the healer chooses to do dmg instead of healing.

Why should we support mindless zombie-bot type of healing? Why should it be awarded? Learn to multitask!

My win ratio is 9/10 games.

This wasn't about winning, losing or how to get the most medals. Sure i could have got more if i killed some or threw some dps around but the fact remains, the act of healing rewards you with so few when compared to dps'ing.

The dps don't get bunches of medals for simply dpsing. They only get 2 more (10/25 kills), and they are SO easy for you to get, you just refuse to do it.

75k dps, 300k dps, 2.5k hit, 5k hit, 10 kills, 25 kills.

75k heals, 300k heals, 2.5k heal, 5k heal.

Yes, its easy for DPS to get our heal medals. But its just as easy to get some of theirs! stop being bad. Healing and doing nothing but healing is so easy, you only deserved 2 medals. You couldn't even get a 5k heal or do 300k healing. Why are you supposed to be rewarded again?

If you need medals maybe you should stop tunnel vision healing and get some? The healers I queue with get 5-8 medals depending on how bossaru they are feeling.

2.5k heal

5k heal (i think?)

75k healing

killing blow

solo kill (can be tough)

2.5k hit (anyone can do this one)

5k hit (expertise buff + crit/surge trinket go!)

75k damage

The Imps do not have an insane kill tally. This means that what was happening was more of a factor that the republic players were doing poorly as a whole, not guarding points, not tagging bombers. They also have 3 healers. This is too much healing, if you have this much, you need to start actually DPSing a bit.

The end result is that the poster, and everyone in this battleground on the republic side, needs to learn to play. The battleground simply did not last long enough for ANYONE, losers OR winners, to accumulate any significant numbers of medals.

Here's the TL;DR version: You don't deserve more medals because you spent the match alternating clicking between two buttons and maybe using your autoattack to stop one or two caps. Learn when to heal and when to DPS.

Nah... I don't buy it. I DPS and do nothing but heal myself, which is minimum healing. I get x6-7 Medals all the time.

I don't think what the person before you, or what you just said has anything to do with addressing what the OP questioned. I think it's just you wanted to preach some Dogma, while enlightening (and I happen to agree with you)... it's more or less irrelevant.

Agree to an extent. My healer MUST switch between dpsing and healing in order to make warzones worthwhile. Picking up the healing spec shouldn't make you into a martyr of sorts in order to benefit equally (though at best, 3-5 medals lower than a decent DPS/tank). When there's heavy fire going on for your team, you either waste time in possibly having your teammates die while you go and AoE/attack the opposing team so that you get credit, or you sacrifice your own rewards so that you can keep others alive.

I can't count how often I lose out on kill credit because I decided to heal someone that was near death instead of attacking their target. I highly encourage people to just go full offense, it'll be far more worth your time. Helping your team win (and often being a HUGE reason why you won) can be gratifying and earn you some recognition from others on the server, but the resulting 2-4 medals is pretty depressing. Especially when seeing everyone else with 9+ medals, even on the losing side. Winning and losing make little difference beyond daily quest credit, and if they changed it so losing nets you less rewards, healers will gain even less (aka next to nothing) for taking that role.

As I was saying, healers currently can net moderate rewards if you perfect the timing of heals and dps, but there's no reason why it should be like that and still be rewarded with 4+ medals LESS than the average facerolling dps/tank. You know, the roles that don't need to try in order to get a majority of the medals by the end of the match.

Edited by Notsensible