Monthly Fee.

HandomeDan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me why we in Switzerland pay by far the highest monthly fee?

US: $14.99USD

Euro: €12.99 = $16.80USD

CHF (Swiss Franc): 20.00CHF = $21.40USD

This is outrageous.

Please justify this.

Swiss Taxes, Value Added Tax, bank fees for currency conversion, import export duties and fees, any of a number of other things unique to Switzerland?

It costs more to pump all the 1 and 0s up and down all those mountains? :D:rolleyes:

Swiss Taxes, Value Added Tax, bank fees for currency conversion, import export duties and fees, any of a number of other things unique to Switzerland?

It costs more to pump all the 1 and 0s up and down all those mountains? :D:rolleyes:

Haha, yeah maybe. But it still doesn't explain why we've never had to pay more for a services than the rest of Europe before SWTOR.

Wait people in Switzerland are allowed to play SWTOR?

This is outrageous! Ima gonna rage now. I want someone from Bioware to answer me right now! Why let the Swiss play?

Honestly did you really think you were going to get someone running right down here to answer you?

Edited by AkulaX

actually Switzerland has weird tax/currency law mostly cuz they base quite huge part of their national profit on banking :) i guess this is why u pay so much cuz ur law is forcing BW to add extra costs in to you sub... deal with it i guess or register account in bank abroad and pay like everyone else.

Prices vary widely due to taxes that in some countries must be included in advertisements or cost quotes. In Europe, for instance, the VAT (value added tax) consumption tax must be included in the advertised price.

My guess is because we're talking about Switzerland the VAT is not included and you pay the tax above the EU price.

Wait people in Switzerland are allowed to play SWTOR?

This is outrageous! Ima gonna rage now. I want someone from Bioware to answer me right now! Why let the Swiss play?

Honestly did you really think you were going to get someone running right down here to answer you?

What in the world is wrong with you? Talk about a kneejerk reaction, I don't see him raging, nor do I see him flipping out and demanding that bioware respond to him immediately or he's going to call the united nations, cry, and sue everyone who ever existed. Calm the hell down.

Really? Because only SWTOR is charging us such a large monthly fee. What you are saying might make sense if it were being applied across the board, but it's not.

Unless you're a BW employee, you don't really know why. You're guessing. I would like someone from the company to explain to me why we're paying roughly 1/3 more for the same service.

He's not guessing. You should search Visa or MasterCard's sites. They'll explain interchange rates better than Bioware can.

I really don't think that taxes and conversion rates amount to that much. Besides, using a credit card moves the conversion fee to the consumer. It's you who pays it to the CC company. It usually is the local distributor (think of a Swiss GameStop or Virgin) who adds some extra. And in general, overseas rates are that high because they can get away with it.

Remember it's not costs we are being charged, but the price reflects how much we are willing to pay. And the willingness to pay more is higher than in Germany, UK or the US.

actually Switzerland has weird tax/currency law mostly cuz they base quite huge part of their national profit on banking :) i guess this is why u pay so much cuz ur law is forcing BW to add extra costs in to you sub... deal with it i guess or register account in bank abroad and pay like everyone else.

It's true we usually pay more. But this seems entirely disproportionate. Like I state before, we're paying $21.40 vs. the US paying only $14.99 for the same thing!

I'll pay it if they can give me an honest reason for it.

Edited by HandomeDan

Prices vary widely due to taxes that in some countries must be included in advertisements or cost quotes. In Europe, for instance, the VAT (value added tax) consumption tax must be included in the advertised price.

My guess is because we're talking about Switzerland the VAT is not included and you pay the tax above the EU price.

Taxes in Germany are much higher than in Switzerland.

Taxes in Germany are much higher than in Switzerland.

Like I said, most likely in the subsciption table from BW the VAT is not included for Switzerland and you pay that extra since the prices are in euro.

Switzerland is not in the euro, chances are extreme likely they charge you extra because of it due to conversion and VAT rate. English players sometimes also have this due to the pound.

Or they pulled a ncsoftie. (yes ncsoft once made the mistake to make a wrong conversion and rerolled sub fees)

Bioware employees most likely wont be able to tell you first hand whats what because with the current state of customer services you might get an answer as early as next month and thats being hopeful.

Edited by Kirameki

In argentina we pay 68 USD..

and you complain...

Damn, that's crazy!

I'm not happy about it, no. I just want an explanation!

Wait, we're talking about the monthly fee, not the cost of the game!

Edited by HandomeDan