The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add a transmog feature

Audigy

You don't read the dev tracker do you?

You will be able to remove the mods in end-game gear and the stats and set bonus will transfer.

This will be implemented soon.

This was implemented previously.

They're simply undoing their mistake in a step by step process that they wouldn't be having to invest time in at all had they not suddenly had a paroxysm of anxiety about their gearing system being too "confusing" to the mainstream audience.

Literally the beta build that came out in September of 2011 went from everything having mods in it, and thats how everything that had stats had stats at all, to no gear at all having mod slots but social gear and commendation weapons.

Everything else was static stat and unmodifiable. And we fought them openly even on the general discussion forum about it, and they caved in and met us halfway with what we have now. Which is a very crappy compromise which has still taken the cowards route of sticking to the tried and true "visual progression" of "armor sets" by literally in the same beta build that they stripped out all mod gear, stripping out the Unify Color to Chest social option as well.

And all this damage done is now going to be slowly "implemented" as if it wasn't already implemented before and working just fine. And they'll act like they actually gave us something we wanted when all they're doing is giving back pieces of what we liked.

Oh and lets not forget their PR spin on why all armor looks like it was textured in MSPaint unless you're in a cutscene. Didn't have that problem til the final beta phases either.

And they'll give us an "increase in visual fidelity" soon as well, thats "being implemented"...funny how they're having to implement things they already had working prior to the last beta phases and live release.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add a feature that allows you to use the appearance of any piece of gear, but still retain the stats of the top end gear you have acquired.

This feature is in use in many MMOs and the players all greatly enjoy it.

This is the first time I've heard of this feature, since I haven't played wow since before the first expansion. But isn't this basically what orange items are?

This is the first time I've heard of this feature, since I haven't played wow since before the first expansion. But isn't this basically what orange items are?

Not really. The choices for modable gear is on the slim side.

I thought it would be about the same but i have been trying to use the social slave girl outfit on my smuggler and the higher i get the more i notice the lack of armor.

This really only applies to social gear but it is all light and the armor just scales worse and worse the higher she gets

I still prefer a nice simple appearance slot tab!

Not really. The choices for modable gear is on the slim side.

I thought it would be about the same but i have been trying to use the social slave girl outfit on my smuggler and the higher i get the more i notice the lack of armor.

This really only applies to social gear but it is all light and the armor just scales worse and worse the higher she gets

I still prefer a nice simple appearance slot tab!

Don't use light armor on mekdium armor user? Maybe that was your issue? (sorry, I don't remember what kind of armor smugghy uses)

I used one part of orange gear since lvl 20 to 48 (that was before they patched it to make lvl 50 orages usable) and never, ever got any issues with lack of stats lack armor factor. You must have been doing something wrong.

• 9 months later...
OK OK i understand that orange armor is the easy way around this but at the same time it isn't what people want say there is armor you like on another class you cant orange gear that and also if a armor such as my environmental bastion armor that really doesn't have many look a like's cant be used in higher level pvp or pve that is what people really want transmog for i mean the color change and is nice when you have different pieces but it isn't the same when you want keep a old armor look and still have it be effective in combat i understand also that orange is also very effective but it still isn't the same as end game no mater how you cut it because of its default armor rating/stats i hope they come out with it in 1.6 if you agree please reply maybe if we get enuf reply's maybe a bio-ware will answer the our plead

OK OK i understand that orange armor is the easy way around this but at the same time it isn't what people want say there is armor you like on another class you cant orange gear that and also if a armor such as my environmental bastion armor that really doesn't have many look a like's cant be used in higher level pvp or pve that is what people really want transmog for i mean the color change and is nice when you have different pieces but it isn't the same when you want keep a old armor look and still have it be effective in combat i understand also that orange is also very effective but it still isn't the same as end game no mater how you cut it because of its default armor rating/stats i hope they come out with it in 1.6 if you agree please reply maybe if we get enuf reply's maybe a bio-ware will answer the our plead

If the armor is for a specific class and if a transmog system were implemented...you still wouldn't be able to look like that because you can't 'mog armor you can't normally use in ANY current system.

And I thought you could remove the armor pieces from endgame gear and place it on Custom armor to transfer the mods?

Ultimately, custom armor is the tranmog of this game. Instead of adding in a new system all that needs be done is to have more Custom styles of gear to enable players to create their own look.

Add a feature that allows you to use the appearance of any piece of gear, but still retain the stats of the top end gear you have acquired.

This feature is in use in many MMOs and the players all greatly enjoy it.

i posted this to the SUGGESTION forum months ago. if they dont read it there, they're not gonna read it here :rolleyes:

i for one would love to have kept the apearance of some of my companons. Especially Lord scourge.

Also while an apearance tab will take a toll on the heavy credit sink that is mod-removal i like it better. I hate to find a great looking blue or green armor that i cant keep. And when i find out there´s no modifiable version of it anywhere ingame it´s just that much worse.

I have suggested the following...

Allow a single color change to chest piece, limited by current textures available.

Allow any piece of armor to be converted to a piece of empty Orange gear.

This would provide a way in which players could truly customize their appearance.

I have suggested the following...

Allow a single color change to chest piece, limited by current textures available.

Allow any piece of armor to be converted to a piece of empty Orange gear.

This would provide a way in which players could truly customize their appearance.

Would still not help with the senseless class/faction-restrictions on some gear.

Would still not help with the senseless class/faction-restrictions on some gear.

I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that if you convert to Orange gear it would remove class restrictions since the armor is empty.

I might be wrong in that though, if that is the case than I would suggest allowing it to be converted to adaptive as well.

I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that if you convert to Orange gear it would remove class restrictions since the armor is empty.

I might be wrong in that though, if that is the case than I would suggest allowing it to be converted to adaptive as well.

Plenty of orange gear got class restrictions, not to mention some gear models are faction-specific (models changing between them). Example:

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/04/21/polyplast-ultramesh/

It is annoying (to say the least) as an imperial agent to not be able to make an actual disguise, in fact you are forced to look like some ninja at all times.

Edited by Sotof

• 2 weeks later...
they dont need this with orange gear.

They need a dye system.

yeah you can move mods around but there are the still the default stats you cant control so that effects the overall an extra five point in endurance is life or death and maybe they should make a cross class mogs for clans who follow a star wars fiction based armor like mandalorian armor or a clan that likes a unified armor and me as a powertech hate my armor and would rather have mercenary great stats other than crappy stats of the mercenary verity