The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add a transmog feature

Audigy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add a feature that allows you to use the appearance of any piece of gear, but still retain the stats of the top end gear you have acquired.

This feature is in use in many MMOs and the players all greatly enjoy it.

Many? I would like to know which ones. I only know of WoW off the top of my head.

Add a feature that allows you to use the appearance of any piece of gear, but still retain the stats of the top end gear you have acquired.

This feature is in use in ONE game.

Mod System > transmog.

period.

Many? I would like to know which ones. I only know of WoW off the top of my head.

WoW was pretty much forced to do it after there were at least 30 threads (I **** you not), 29 being max page number, and the one that was out before there was a page limit was around 600 pages. Blizzard remained entirely silent and never said anything until they worked their way into a hole by saying they'd answer questions that received enough votes, and 'Do you intend to implement a 'wardrobe' system?' was one of them.

Several games did it before him, Rift coming to mind off the top of my head. WoW had to do it because people were ticked off at the newer armor designs.

That said, I think the orange gear is a good start, but it would be neat to have a wardrobe tab.

Edit: Hell, my cousin (he's a little kid) was talking about how Wizard 101 had a 'transmog' system months before WoW did. Maybe even a year.

Edited by Explosive_Lasers

Too much still to add/fix before considering this.

But on the topic, no. Custom orange gear w/mods is the "transmogrification" method in this game. Find an orange robe you like, keep it and upgrade the mods. No need for the WoW clone.

No, the existing system needs to be the singular source for gear appearance changes. Adding tabs and other BS would only serve to complicate a non-gameplay based system.

Edited by aznthecapn

They doubled the price of the only orange sets you can get. They want you to look like trash.

I don't have a orange 'set', but I do have a full set of orange gear. I think it looks really good on me!

Looking for a good looking orange vibrosword though. So many lightsabers out there!

They doubled the price of the only orange sets you can get. They want you to look like trash.

Only orange sets?

There are crafted orange sets, dropped orange sets, quested orange sets, lvl 40 pvp orange sets, flashpoint orange sets, social orange sets for light wearers only atm, but they said they plan to remedy that, and they plan to make end game gear FULLY moddable, so its as good as orange if you like your Operation looks, add to that you can mix and match yo find a look you want; only orange sets my foot.

We do not need transmog, we do not need an a-tab. We have orange gear. Its this game's answer to that question. And I love it.

Alexis

*smiles*

Edited by Caille

Warhammer had it before WoW, DC Universe had it before WoW, pretty sure Rift had it before WoW as well.

I'm sorry, but your precious WoW cannot be first with everything.

Orange gear is there for your needs.

We already have enough of wow trash here.

Yeah I remember when it was called appearance tab in oh every other MMO, but wow has to be hip and cool and say "noes our is different and unique".

Warhammer had it before WoW, DC Universe had it before WoW, pretty sure Rift had it before WoW as well.

WoW just implemented it without a tab, and the system is more complicated and not as fun, in my opinion.

It's the bastard child of appearance customization.

Come on, OP. Let's not panic. We want to look great, yes, but let's not abandon the mod system, which is original and compelling (especially if crafting can be better integrated into the system). We should simply want refinement of the current system--and I believe the devs are working on that.

Previous to September of 2011, all gear had mods in it. Crafted, dropped, end game gear, PvP gear, PvE gear, all of it.

That was the system they should have stuck with.

See BioWare? Your choice to cower behind static stat gear has new players so confused they don't realize mod gear is a viable option....

Oh wait...its not cause end game gear is unmodifiable, so you can't actually take a simple Leia's Slave Girl costume and be at the end game raid in it, like Daniel tried to spin things after you all decided to gut the mod system and hand us this WoW trash gear system.

Edited by Ashes_Arizona

EQ2 to had it before wow, SWG had it before wow, Lotro had it before wow...

Edited by Keihryon

Vanguard had it also. Not sure how these other games implemented the feature by Vanguard made it really simple.

Your character sheet has a tab called appearance which has slots for each visible armor piece. Just drop the vanity gear in and it overrides the graphic of what your are actually wearing.

WoW only allows you to alter the graphic for a given item, not the armor slot.

with Vanguard's method you can carry multiple wardrobes if you like, and switch at will.

Previous to September of 2011, all gear had mods in it. Crafted, dropped, end game gear, PvP gear, PvE gear, all of it.

That was the system they should have stuck with.

See BioWare? Your choice to cower behind static stat gear has new players so confused they don't realize mod gear is a viable option....

Oh wait...its not cause end game gear is unmodifiable, so you can't actually take a simple Leia's Slave Girl costume and be at the end game raid in it, like Daniel tried to spin things after you all decided to gut the mod system and hand us this WoW trash gear system.

You don't read the dev tracker do you?

You will be able to remove the mods in end-game gear and the stats and set bonus will transfer.

This will be implemented soon.

THe orange gear is here to stay, but I too am dissatisfied with how limited it is regarding options available.

I think all gear in game should be reverse engineerable (by it's respective crafting profession), and any time you RE anything one you get a chance to learn the recipe for it's orange version. The limited, random patterns given by some of the mission tradeskills as it now stands feels very insufficient.