Let's punish the players for YOUR design flaws

infestedchris

This was posted on facebook.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

As many of you know, large groups of players began capturing the Ilum control points, then 'camping' at the enemy's base. This led to a very frustrating experience for a number of players who were unable to leave their base and fight back against their attackers. It was not a fair gameplay experience.

And you didn't know this? You think a group of people all on Vent are going to just stop after they take control points after they completely plowed the other team? You think they were just going to wait for the enemy? Just sit there and do nothing? I am sure they wanted to keep the fun going.

I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue.

Good idea. Punish the players for YOUR design flaws. It is not their fault. Does Bioware take any responsibility? The only analogy I can think of is... noticing a hole in the back yard under the fence. And then doing nothing about it, while your dog keeps digging and eventually gets out. Then the dog shreds that persons yard and chomps on a toddlers pet bunny rabbit. The owner of the dog goes free? I am pretty sure the dogs pay check will buy little Suzie a new bunny. Seriously where is the leash Bioware? Tame your dogs. Fix the fence.

We take any sort of situation where one group of players gains an unexpected or unintended advantage over other players very seriously and will act to ensure that all players can have a fair and fun game experience.

If your so serious about fairness and fun. Stop wasting man power punishing people. Use the man power to fix your game.

Discuss...

And you didn't know this? You think a group of people all on Vent are going to just stop after they take control points after they completely plowed the other team? You think they were just going to wait for the enemy? Just sit there and do nothing? I am sure they wanted to keep the fun going.

Good idea. Punish the players for YOUR design flaws. It is not their fault. Does Bioware take any responsibility? The only analogy I can think of is... noticing a hole in the back yard under the fence. And then doing nothing about it, while your dog keeps digging and eventually gets out. Then the dog shreds that persons yard and chomps on a toddlers pet bunny rabbit. The owner of the dog goes free? I am pretty sure the dogs pay check will buy little Suzie a new bunny. Seriously where is the leash Bioware? Tame your dogs. Fix the fence.

If your so serious about fairness and fun. Stop wasting man power punishing people. Use the man power to fix your game.

Discuss...

You whine about them needing to fix this while quoting them fixing it.

Edited by Ruser

You're comparing players to an animal incapable of rational thought and knowing the difference between right and wrong.

BioWare is accountable for bad game design, but what about ownership of the players?

Edited by jdnyc

"Punish the players for YOUR design flaws."

They're not punishing anyone if they roll back valor gains you were not meant to ever have obtained in the first place and that only occurred because of an exploitable patch mistake. Mistakes happen. It was a mistake for you to believe you'd be able to lord your 100 levels of cheeply earned valor over everyone else as though you actually earned it legitimately.

Edited by Blotter

Discuss...

They did fix the fence and now they are going to tame all the dogs that just could not stop digging the hole even though they knew they were being very bad dogs...

Edited by Slowne

I am able to walk next door every day and steal money from the 5 year old that lives there. Why should I be punished by the US Government for God's design flaw!?!?!?! If he didn't want me to beat up 5 year olds and steal their money they should have made the 5 year old capable of defending itself.

"Punish the players for YOUR design flaws."

They're not punishing anyone if they roll back valor gains you were not meant to ever have obtained in the first place and that only occurred because of an exploitable patch mistake. Mistakes happen. It was a mistake for you to believe you'd be able to lord your 100 levels of cheeply earned valor over everyone else as though you actually earned it legitimately.

^^This

I am able to walk next door every day and steal money from the 5 year old that lives there. Why should I be punished by the US Government for God's design flaw!?!?!?! If he didn't want me to beat up 5 year olds and steal their money they should have made the 5 year old capable of defending itself.

^ This

OP you're an idiot.

How does this 5 year old have so much money? Damn one percenter.

Edited by jdnyc

Discuss...

Abusing a bug is exploiting, exploiters get punished.

/thread

This, without a doubt, is the worst thread created on these forums. You're comparing yourself and others to dogs digging holes... did you think before you posted?

To be fair, that's the exact picture I get in my head when I see PvPers post on forums. Especially the second part about killing the rabbit. Hell there's probably 2 dozen assassins sitting by the entrance of the open pvp area in Tattooine waiting for some level 30 who's exploring to find it so they can pounce on him.

I was hoping BioWare wouldn't put PvP in this game but to late for that now.

You're comparing players to an animal incapable of rational thought and knowing the difference between right and wrong.

BioWare is accountable for bad game design, but what about ownership of the players?

Pay attention to how most people act and the comparison really isnt that far off.

Its Biowares fault for pushing changes they didnt test properly, and when they did test it they ignored the test results and pushed the content out anyway.

In this situation yes, Bioware is at fault.

Pay attention to how most people act and the comparison really isnt that far off.

Its Biowares fault for pushing changes they didnt test properly, and when they did test it they ignored the test results and pushed the content out anyway.

In this situation yes, Bioware is at fault.

BioWare is at fault, but so are the players whom abused a system. Accountability goes both ways, as does the solution to fixing the problem.