Why this game sucks...

-Fenix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize everyone looks at it all the wrong way. Everyone complains that this is a "WoW clone" or another "Stale MMO". But this is not just another game that was created for gamers to play. This is a Game that was specified for both gamers and Star Wars fans, to get the best of both worlds. Many people who hate this game, tend to be the gamers. But I did not find this game searching randomly for a game to play, rather because I love Star Wars. So please, if you come here because you looked for another game to play, and realized you did not find it entertaining, Please, do not spoil anyone else's experience with this game. Especially all the hardcore Star wars Fans such as myself. Thank you for your time,

-Kantorr

And there it is - THIS IS NOT SWG2. I was never stated to be. Just because you failed to read and understand what the game would be does not make it a failed game. I played SWG since launch - it is what it was and now it's gone. Deal with it.

Blah, blah. I heard that way back before we even knew what the game was going to be like. It's a copout. You can't sit there and tell me this game is better than SWG, even with all of its flaws.

Edited by -Fenix

Funny how people keep mentioning EVE as the sole example of a sandbox. I said bring on the next generation, as in I welcome improvements to the already superior style.

If another game that tickles your fancy comes along, great. However, to say a game "sucks" because you are unable to discern some fairly basic information about it and/or thought that it would magically change to suit you is idiotic.

Blah, blah. I heard that way back before we even knew what the game was going to be like. It's a copout. You can't sit there and tell me this game is better than SWG, even with all of its flaws.

Actually I can. Because it's completely subjective to whomever is making the statement. I really like SWG, but I like SWTOR more. /shrug

V

Nobody at any point advertised this game as 'sandbox'.

Nope, but people expected this game to be equal to or superior to SWG, an MMO launched in 2003. It isn't. After your storyline is done and you're 50, the game dies unless you REALLY like rolling alts.

This is a Star Wars MMO, and it should have been a successor to the former Star Wars MMO.

Edited by -Fenix

It is true, they just set an arbitrary limit. We wont ban you the first time, but if you keep going there we will ban you. Thats pretty *********** far from sandbox.

I dunno where you're getting that information.. but Stephen Reid clearly said "players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them"

I gave the game a month. Now I am complaining. I can, thank you.

So you went into this game knowing what it was and expected them to change it into a completely different format in a month? You know, I could use several words to describe you right now, but almost all of them would result in an infraction.

Nope, but people expected this game to be equal to or superior to SWG, an MMO launched in 2003. It isn't. After your storyline is done and you're 50, the game dies unless you REALLY like rolling alts.

And yet your entire beef is the fact that its not sandbox. That would make this 100% a YOU problem. Dur...

It is yet another in a long line of boring and lifeless themepark MMOs.

Sandbox MMOs are so much more alive. Player economies make the world feel real, and there is so much more random interaction between people. Gear/reward based progression, carrot on a stick, is just so flawed and pointless. So many things I could list that are better in sandbox MMOs, but my point is made.

Themepark MMOs suck. Bring on the next generation of sandbox MMOs!

What's the name of the Sandbox game you designed? Or is it a Themepark game? Did you design a game at all? Oh, this is an uneducated OPINION. Maybe a personally experienced opinion, but an uneducated one.

I gave the game a month. Now I am complaining. I can, thank you.

First of all if you knew ANYTHING about how MMO's progress you should know that in the first few months bugs are a common sight, end game isn't really there, and new content doesn't come for a while (except in this case a month after launch which is damn good)

But what I find most hilarious is how you completely missed the point I made. IT'S NOT A SANDBOX.

This game isn't for you and never will be.

Edited by Jaick

Nope, but people expected this game to be equal to or superior to SWG, an MMO launched in 2003. It isn't.

Nobody but you, apparently, expected this game to be comparable in any way to SWG, except for the setting.

My personal opinion? SWG was, for the most part, a steaming pile, and I'm glad this game is not, and was never intended to be, anything like it.

Different strokes and all that.

Edited by Pink_Saber

I dunno where you're getting that information.. but Stephen Reid clearly said "players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them"

So then people werent being banned for traveling to illum early and opening lockboxs?

Ah, Sandbox MMO's.

The most fun games to read about, and usually the most boring to play.

Although, ArchAge is supposedly looking ok at this point, so that may float your boat, but Sandbox games are few and far between for a reason. The almighty dollar.

I had high hopes that they (Bioware) would fill the void of Star Wars Galaxies. SWG was flawed in many ways, but it had a lot of positives, even after two complete redos of the entire game's combat system.

I at least expected them to try and merge the two types of MMO's. But all we got was another WOW clone with a storyline and Mass Effect dialogue system. Bleh. PVP is a joke, and I don't think I need to elaborate.

How could you expect that? BioWare never hid the ball on what they were doing, and it certainly was not going to be a sandbox like SWG.

First of all if you knew ANYTHING about how MMO's progress you should know that in the first few months bugs are a common sight, end game isn't really there, and new content doesn't come for a while (except in this case a month after launch which is damn good)

But what I find most hilarious is how you completely missed the point I made. ITS NOT A SANDBOX.

This game isn't for you and never will be.

Never said anything about bugs. As for the content progression over time, see that's where sandboxes are superior. Players don't have to rely on devs to GIVE them content, the players make the content themselves, and it is usually much more enjoyable.

This is a Star Wars MMO, and it should have been a successor to the former Star Wars MMO.

No it shouldn't have.. I played SWG for a long time my self, and it wasn't as great as many SWG vets seem to think it was. There is WAY too many rose colored glasses being handed around among them.

This game was never going to be SWG2, They never said it was going to be anything like SWG. Themepark MMOs are in my opinion by far superior to sandbox MMOs simply because you people don't entertain me what-so-ever. :p

I've been at 50 for awhile, and I still play my Juggernaut more than my alts. PvP, Dailies, Hardmodes and Operations all keep me busy. They will also be adding more story chapters at some point so the story isn't done.

Seriously if you thought this was gonna be anything like SWG you only have your self to blame.

And the graphics are AMAZING.

I installed nudemode. Activating it requires a bit of fidling though.... Amazing...

On a more serious note. I'm still waiting for a sandbox MMO that is able to tell me a conveying story.... Whatever the spelling on that conveying word is...

Edited by Foho