Why this game sucks...

-Fenix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is yet another in a long line of boring and lifeless themepark MMOs.

Sandbox MMOs are so much more alive. Player economies make the world feel real, and there is so much more random interaction between people. Gear/reward based progression, carrot on a stick, is just so flawed and pointless. So many things I could list that are better in sandbox MMOs, but my point is made.

Themepark MMOs suck. Bring on the next generation of sandbox MMOs!

Why are you here?

Let me guess, through your trash talking you want to help this game get better?

What's the name of the Sandbox game you designed? Or is it a Themepark game? Did you design a game at all? Oh, this is an uneducated OPINION. Maybe a personally experienced opinion, but an uneducated one.

Games don't drag games down , people drag games down. The reason why this game sucks is the vocal minority killing it.

First of all if you knew ANYTHING about how MMO's progress you should know that in the first few months bugs are a common sight, end game isn't really there, and new content doesn't come for a while (except in this case a month after launch which is damn good)

But what I find most hilarious is how you completely missed the point I made. IT'S NOT A SANDBOX.

This game isn't for you and never will be.

That argument is rather invalid, first he just stated he had given the game a month. He never said he was an expert to the MMO genre. You shouldn't wonder if a person quits a game, when he sees that most of the content is rather buggy (Specially someone who isn't familiar with MMO launches)

In addition, new content is actually needed because there are people out there who experienced the complete PVE endgame content within the first 30 days. If they wouldn't launch anything, they would have shot themselves in their face instead of knee.

Nope, but people expected this game to be equal to or superior to SWG, an MMO launched in 2003. It isn't. After your storyline is done and you're 50, the game dies unless you REALLY like rolling alts.

This is a Star Wars MMO, and it should have been a successor to the former Star Wars MMO.

I think it's one of the best games I've played.

Because I knew what I was getting into. I researched and waited a week after release before buying it. I KNEW it wasn't going to be a sandbox. I KNEW that it was going to be linear. I KNEW it was going to be more focused on the story. I KNOW I made an excellent purchase, and I would make it again.

From now on, wait a week. Or research. It was NEVER marketed as anything related to SWG besides Star Wars. It was NEVER marketed as a sandbox game. The only one at fault is you, because of your preferences. Nobody is blaming you because of your preferences, but you can't blame the game, when it was obvious and easy to know what it was before getting into it.

People have different preferences for games. TOR does something NO OTHER MMO I've seen has done: Made a compelling story, and allow you to become deeply attached to your character because of what THEY do, not what you do.

Others may enjoy sandboxes, myself among them. You may not like TOR, but it's MUCH more innovative than many games that have released recently, and can't be called a WoW-clone, because of the innovation.

If you don't enjoy it, that's your business. But your opinions and preferences do not define whether a game sucks or not, or if it's just a stale, lifeless themepark. It's all a matter of perspective.

Hello everyone,

While we do welcome all feedback, we ask that whether it is positive or negative feedback, that it is constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please do see this post by Allison Berryman. We are closing this thread, but do strongly encourage anyone who wishes to submit feedback to please do so. We only ask that when anyone posts new feedback, it is done in a constructive manner.

Thank you!