Same S##@ different game.(same company though)

Enkenon

perfect BW Biodrone. You should sign up for a CS job here sir.

Lmfao I don't 100% agree with the OP but I still understand what he's saying and I respect his opinions, good or bad, the guy your quoting is... well look at history and see the people who don't like other people expressing their opinions... Not good

So...you spent 200.000.000 million on

voice over and story telling.

Now spend another 100.000.000 to fix the bugs

that are destroying the game.

And please.

Try to make patches in a way that they don't add more bugs

to the already bug infested beta stage game you released.

EA will never learn

WAR was not a lesson learned.

And releasing a game on Christmas is still more

important than releasing a game without bugs.

So now run run run.

And do the work..the real work on the game (not the marketing

b@!#@!) you should have done from the start.

And maybe you'll save the day.

Hello, under-educated fellow. I'd like to inform you that although EA is the common denominator between Warhammer Online and SW:TOR, they are only a publisher and have no hand in the creation (i.e. coding) of the game. That is done by the development team, which is of Bioware's employees. They are mostly separate from the team that did Warhammer Online, unless some of the WAR team was rehired onto the SW:TOR team after a shrinkage of the WAR team.

P.S. Welcome to the wonderful world of an MMO and it's launch. Do note that every MMO that has ever existed has had bugs at it's launch time frame. And even more so, most content patches and such will introduce changes that may conflict with code already existing which will cause additional bugs. But they do get it fixed eventually. After all, this game has been out for a total of 1 month exactly today.

Hello, under-educated fellow. I'd like to inform you that although EA is the common denominator between Warhammer Online and SW:TOR, they are only a publisher and have no hand in the creation (i.e. coding) of the game. That is done by the development team, which is of Bioware's employees. They are mostly separate from the team that did Warhammer Online, unless some of the WAR team was rehired onto the SW:TOR team after a shrinkage of the WAR team.

P.S. Welcome to the wonderful world of an MMO and it's launch. Do note that every MMO that has ever existed has had bugs at it's launch time frame. And even more so, most content patches and such will introduce changes that may conflict with code already existing which will cause additional bugs. But they do get it fixed eventually. After all, this game has been out for a total of 1 month exactly today.

Did I mention Mythic?

You implied that.

I mentioned EA.

Being informed is important:

Much of the SWTOR team IS Mythic. Lot of the Mythic team were transfered to Bioware before they (EA) merged Mythic and Bioware into Bioware-Mythic (which existed for a year or so), then they just got rid of the "Mythic" bit of the title and went back to Bioware EA.

So yes many of the people that worked on WAR also worked on SWTOR, Bioware EA has had complete control of Warhammer Online for 1.5 years now.

And please.

EA will never learn

So now run run run.

The POTUS likes to make up numbers too.

100% hate or 100% fanboi posts are useless.

At last someone with real intelligence i totally agree with you. Issues need addressing there are faults in game but tis a great game. Unless we tell bioware about them then nothing will get done.

Bioware is now Bioware Mythic iirc... EA merged them. So technically, Mythic and EA are both involved in this as they were with WAR.

I know 2 people have answered the same, but I will quote you for now :)

There was an article regarding the WAR team that was almost entirely laid off a few months later WAR release, so if there are devs from Mythic we are talking of a handful (like 10-15), which is like what, 2% of the whole SWTOR team?.

I presume you've never worked in the software industry.

I was once quoted a figure that said that 1 in 6 attempts to remove a software defect actually adds one of its own.

And also, testing is actually a very inefficient and not extremely effective method of finding defects.

This is not limited to games--it's true of every piece of software. That's why "patching" is kept to a minimum, as the amount of work you do to try to reduce these numbers is very time consuming (i.e., expensive).

Add to that the fact that an MMO is every bit as complex as an operating system and maybe more so, as it is distribued across a network, and you have the perfect storm of conditions that lead to bugs and regressions that happen in patches.

You come to learn in MMOs that for every "patch day", there is often a "patch day + 1".

Yes and my car that is 1 month old actually came with doors and the engine didn't fall out. The 1 month argument is a cop out. They had plenty of shoulders to stand on and plenty of history to learn from. They didn't.

And please.

EA will never learn

So now run run run.

Smooth launch, Rookie post launch planning. a real rockie future for TOR i suspect. Seriously the game does play like a mid beta game .and the engine performs like alpha.Very very sad looks like im gonna see alot of panda commercials this year on spike .

That was exactly the case my friend. all the people with talent from Mythic abondon ship well before launch and went to work for Trion. the left overs got fired and rehired to complete TOR.

And please.

EA will never learn

So now run run run.

Go cry somewhere else dude. Write them a letter or something, but no one wants to read your tears.