Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

Ashnazg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda want to take Cybertech as Sith Jugg. Armoring and mods should be great as a tank, plus all the other neat bonuses. I really don't see why non-force-users would gain more from it.

Non-force users wouldn't. It is equally good for Force-users as it is for Non-force users.

cybertech will make a FEW things that every class can use but is much more useful to non force users.

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? From what I've read, Cybertechs make armoring/mods/earpieces that every single class in the game can use. What are the things that are much more useful to non-force users?

I'm not trying to be rude here, I honestly want to know.

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? From what I've read, Cybertechs make armoring/mods/earpieces that every single class in the game can use. What are the things that are much more useful to non-force users?

I'm not trying to be rude here, I honestly want to know.

The mods Cybertechs create usually have stats that benefit non-force users. Mods with stats that benefit force users are created through Artifice.

Artificers don't create armoring though. They create enhancements that can be used in that slot of moddable armor, but that's the only slot they can fill. You need cybertech to fill the armoring and mod slots. Edited by HappyNinja

The mods Cybertechs create usually have stats that benefit non-force users. Mods with stats that benefit force users are created through Artifice.

Untrue. Artifice and cybertech create mods for different slots, and for all purposes.

Never tinkered with biochem in either beta invite- what sort of reusable consumables we talking about?

The top reusable medkit heals for 5500 health plus an additional 1500 over a dozen or so seconds; I forget the exact stats. 90s cooldown

The adrenal for crit gives +570 crit for 15s once every 3 minutes

The stim gives 136pts to a stat of your choice for an hour; however these are easy enough to make that you can probably buy them easily.

Edited by Darinford

For fast "cash cow" crafting, armortech would be a massive money maker. Putting entire matching green sets on the galactic bazaar for levels 10-35 would sell fast. Plus it would help people , like operatives, who rely completely on companions for dps and tanking. Most people if they can just go to the bazaar and buy an entire set of green possibly blue gear for themselves and their companions would make crazy money.

I have a feeling that with the reusable stims and adrenals, Biochem is really overpowered at the moment. While a part of me wants to take Biochem precisely to take advantage of that fact for raiding purposes, I'm sort of wondering if BW is going to nerf it at some point if it comes really obvious that everyone is choosing to take it over any of the other options.

On the other hand, I'm not particularly interested in Biochem; aside from the fact that it gives reusable consumables, it doesn't excite me. If all else were equal, I'd choose Artifice. So I'm torn.

Actually, it is true. Artifice, for example, does not create ay mods with +Aim. It can create +Str/+End and +Will/+End mods.

http://www.torhead.com/schematics/catg/3/page/1

Please, find me ONE enhancement with +will or +str.

Or to save you the trouble: there are none. You get endurance on all, and stats like crit and def and accuracy. If what you were saying was true, then you could not make enhancements for non-force users at ALL.

e: and below poster reminded me of crystals as well, and the same holds true for those.

Edited by Boissi

Actually, it is true. Artifice, for example, does not create ay mods with +Aim. It can create +Str/+End and +Will/+End mods.

This is no longer true.

Artifice creates Power Crystals and Enhancements, which all classes use. Cybertech creates Armoring and Mods, which all classes uses.

This was changed last build.

I just looked at the Cybertech schematic list on Torhead and saw every single one of those stats (plus others) on various mods/armoring. I still don't see how that means Cybertech "only has a few things useful to all classes."

You specifically didn't mention this, just replying you to because you replied to me.

This is no longer true.

Artifice creates Power Crystals and Enhancements, which all classes use. Cybertech creates Armoring and Mods, which all classes uses.

This was changed last build.

Thanks for this! It seems the original person that said this was referencing an old build.

Edited by Othersider

I'm planning to roll a healing spec and was wondering how useful Biochem will be to me. I realize a big part of the craft is the stat buff, but also the reusable healing kits. Those kits will be of less use to me since I'll be geared and specced to heal myself and my companion. Any thoughts on the usefuless of Biochem for a healer?

I've also heard rumor that a lot of Biochem (all?) items will require a player to have the Biochem crew skill to use the item, making selling Biochem items prohibitive. Anyone know if this is the case?

I'm planning to roll a healing spec and was wondering how useful Biochem will be to me. I realize a big part of the craft is the stat buff, but also the reusable healing kits. Those kits will be of less use to me since I'll be geared and specced to heal myself and my companion. Any thoughts on the usefuless of Biochem for a healer?

I've also heard rumor that a lot of Biochem (all?) items will require a player to have the Biochem crew skill to use the item, making selling Biochem items prohibitive. Anyone know if this is the case?

the epic medkits/stims that dont get consumed (re-usable) are BoP, and you need to have biochem skill to use them. ie cant max biochem, make epics that BoP to you, and swith to another crafting profession and continue using those BoP re-useables.

The consumables can all(? most if not all) be sold. Some of the medkits heal your whole party, which could be useful to a healer thats OOM.

Edited by DeeDawg

It's useful for healers too, no doubt. Medpacs can be useful for even a healer, especially if they're free to use, as they will be for you. The stims and adrenals are just as useful to you as to anyone else.

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that only the reusable items are restricted to you, the crafter. Everything else can be sold off.

Those healing kits are awesome for you as the healer. They saved my bacon twice in Hammer station. I used a +900 health medkit twice one time during the final boss as a BH Bodyguard. If the tank is going down and there's adds running around you don't want to have to choose between yourself and the tank. The medkits allows you to stream your heals on the tank with fewer interruptions due to the damage you've taken from AOE's or ADDs.

The only biochem items that require the skill are the reusable versions.

Edited by Darinford

Is it possible to twink items between your toons, like sending items through mail system or similar between characters?

Also, shouldn't player economy self-nerf biochem? I mean, if /everyone/ does it, then noone will be interested in buying them, which means market prices will be lower than production costs, which means people will stop making them and go another craft instead, balancing it out over time.