what's the point of bounty hunters having jetpacks if they barely use them?

RainbowDaaash

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, free flight wouldn't be completely OP...

why not a leap ability? it gives a targeting circle, you click where you want to fly to and the jetpack takes you up there, 30 sec cooldown? 15ft distance?

I don't even play imperial and I think this would be cool for bounty hunters

Edited by SunwindIon

why not a leap ability? it gives a targeting circle, you click where you want to fly to and the jetpack takes you up there, 30 sec cooldown? 15ft distance?

That would be awesome! Perhaps with a longish cooldown, if it seems unbalanced. Hand over the same to the Trooper or whatnot too, who cares really, but it would be a big thing for the "feel" och playing a BH.

Why does my character have feet if I can't make him wriggle his toes? *** BIOWARE?

Stupid remark.

But still, Bioware will never fix these kinds of issues.

Polishment and a somewhat believable world lacks everywhere in this game.

There is no love for the details; RPG world, UI, combat, ...

Why does my character have feet if I can't make him wriggle his toes? *** BIOWARE?

Ok, that is a stupid comparison.

The jetpack is a BH staple. The fact that it serves no real function in the game is irritating as hell. They should have let that be our first mount.

Yes plz allow us to fly around with our jetpacks.

Oh and when you're at it, can u remove the cooldown from DFA too plz k thx.

Seriously, read before you start shouting stuff...

We have leaps, and can take off with our jetpacks. Lots of cool abilities.

No need for more coolness or opness here.

Edited by lowizi

I thought Jetpacs were only used for short bursts (like death from above), Boba Fett used his for about 3 seconds to bridge a gap.

But if BioWare give bounty hunters the ability to fly about with their jetpacs I want a DeathStar to fly about in for my Sith Warrior with the ability to destroy planets. With no global cooldown.

I have said this in another thread and I will echo it here.

Force users = Force jump usable out of combat

BH/Mando = Jump Packs/boots out of combat

Agent/Smug = Grappling hook (as seen in Episode 1-2)

Decent distance (at least one level of a building) reasonable cool down/overheat/exhaustion timer/bar.

Would make getting to some datacrons and other areas of the maps interesting. Give reason to extremely high ceilings in many interiors.

Some cases faster then running up ramps/steps/elevators.

These all see feasible/logical to me.

1.) These are not the flying jetpacks from 1950's news clips. Many people seem to equate the notion of a jetpack with the ability to fly around, an idea several excitable newscasters claimed might be possible some day in various black and white news clips from the 1950's and 60's. Add to that the comic book adventures of The Rocketman and you might gain a completely unrealistic expectation of what a working jetpack can do. A jetpack, at best, can lift it's load for a limited distance. Star Wars adheres to this principle, where we see jetpack users such as Boba & Jango Fett, or ARC Troopers only making relatively short leaps.

2. The Bounty Hunter class already has a jetpack based jump ability. It's the "Jet Charge" talent for Powertech tanks, under the Shield Tech tree. Want to jump at a target, roll a Powertech.

3. I enjoy size 3 fonts and orange text formatting.Isn't it obvious? Looks very nice against the blue background of the forums. Good stuff.

4. Death From Above kicks *****. Oh yeah it does, great ranged AOE damage. This single ability is so cool it alone is reason enough to roll a Bounty Hunter.

Its for short leaps, and its already in the game.

You have the "jump to target" some of you are requesting in the powertech tree.

The jetpack is used in the rocketpunch and death from above as well, how many other uses do you really want?

do you want to constantly hover around or something?

thats just silly, both boba fett and jango fett used their jetpacks for short bursts (like DFA) and thats it. They were not meant for sustained flight.

PS. I play a bountyhunter.

youd think you'd be able to use it to fly around and gain an aerial advantage but instead it just sits there is used in a few animations and like one move. seriously bioware!?

lol Really OP?!

And my BH wears a red trench coat. He lost his jet pack.

Edited by Saurakk

Yeah, free flight wouldn't be completely OP...

/thread

Do people even think when they make threads like this? Don't want to fight through trash mobs to get a chest or whatever? NP, just fly over the mobs and get it. Might as well just give BHs all the datacrons at character creation while they're at it, since you could just fly to them. Might as well give Bhs IWIN buttons against melee classes/mobs, too.

2. The Bounty Hunter class already has a jetpack based jump ability. It's the "Jet Charge" talent for Powertech tanks, under the Shield Tech tree. Want to jump at a target, roll a Powertech.

That is one spec, out of six. That & DFA is not justification enough for the remaining five specs to have to lug that clunky thing on their back around all the time.

I do not understand why anyone would fight against having more cool-looking animations.

"NO! WE LIKE OUR PEDESTRIAN FIGHTING STYLE!"

To use your own logic, if you wanted to run around on the ground all of the time, you should have rolled a Marauder. Bounty Hunters have jet packs; they should have more animations involving them. To not do so is wasted opportunity and potential.

I already see how this is going to play out:

PvE'er: Let's give bounty hunters jetpack abilities! It would be cool if it has a short range flight w/ a 30s cooldown!

PvP'er: It would be cool, but you would have to do something to compensate the republic for this. It'll be overpowered in PvP.

PvE'er: Stupid elitist pvp jerk! Ruining pve fun!

PvP'er: How is that stupid? L2P!

And it spirals out of control from here.

I'm open for this suggestion as long as it stays balanced for both sides.

I don't even play imperial and I think this would be cool for bounty hunters

That would be nice but it would probably never happen for two reasons...

1. It wouldn't be fair to the players who don't have jetpacks unless they could find a way to give them a similar ability.

2. It would allow players to get to spots on the map that aren't supposed to be accessible, or at least not so easily.

Anyway we get more than just one move that utilizes our jetpack. Death from Above, Jet Charge, and Rocket Punch all use it. Even if it was just DFA, that's enough use for me :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.