The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why the republic got the shaft....

smithwicks

The other classes not only look cooler and more bad ***, their animations are a lot more bad ***. For Example: I play a trooper, to do a AE stun i push a button on my arm. The Bounty Hunter Jumps in the air on his jet pack spins in a circle while shooting carbonite **** that freezes everyone. We have another AE where we just hit a button and some little explosion comes out, the bounty hunter does the spin in mid air and spinning shooting flame out of their arm. They also get rockets that shoot out of their jet pack and when they do it they bend over and it looks like their stunned for a second. (Which makes you think they are no threat.) These are just things i notice of my own class i don't know any others. Another one they get to do is fly up in the air and shoot the most powerful move that's takes like 5 Seconds. (They are in mid *********** air kinda hard to see them.) When the trooper does it this move everyone and their uncle sees it coming and 9 times out of 10 we get interrupted. It's like, who would you rather be Mark Hamel or Obi-wan Kenobi?

I am not the type of guy who posts or *****es on forums. But it needed to be done. Any other classes get screwed ?

Also, anyone else notice their music droids are not playing music anymore? That pisses me off. The guy just follows me around.

Edited by smithwicks

I generally agree except for Operative vs Scoundrel.

Scoundrel has the coolest looking animations in the game. Pistol Whip, Dirty Kick, Back Blast and Shoot First are all pure win.

I have serious complaints about the game but not with Scoundrel animations. That's one thing they got right in a big way.

thats not my point though, they get the same **** but only looks 10x cooler.

I disagree, not to mention this game isn't about looking cool it's about playing the character's storyline, sadly most people don't understand that.

Who looks cooler Boba Fett or a storm trooper?

The Clone troopers... And tor troopers too. Have you seem Clone Wars or even attack and revenge? I thought the Clone Troopers design was the best armor in Star wars, not as exclusive as Jango Fett's but who cares?

I like how my Jedi Guardian looks(champion's not the best though), I like how Sages look as well. The Reps represent light-side aligned people from Star Wars as far as looks go very well imo. The work was amazing on both sides. The Empire is very well made as well with style references to many Sith lords and characters, the Reps are minority because of an old stupid evil wannabe trend. This started with the Horde somewhere during the Blood Elf release if I'm not mistaken, and before that the stupid trend was to be Alliance so it's never been balanced sadly.

What's funny is that before the evil guyze being majority, evil side players said they were elite because of being underdogs in numbers, now they're majority everywhere and still claim this kind of a stuff just because they're evil.

Edited by Lightmaguz

Commander Cody, definitely.

Boba Fett has all that junk in his way. Can't choose a weapon to save his own life, and dresses in wookie scalps (tacky, tacky, tacky).

Ha! This guy knows his ****! Not to diss old Fett, Clone troopers are win... And the same guy too.

I always thought the fact Jedi Consular throwing sand in my face was hilarious, compared to the lightning bolts I use to taze their whole bodies with.

It's the little things that amuse me most.

Edited by Vidsw

Contextually speaking, all the trooper animations feel right. They're soldiers, well trained killing machines there to do a job as efficiently as possible. Pushing a button on their top-of-the-line, high-tech armor to do abilities makes sense.

The combat animations are still very well designed, and look great. The point is that Troopers were never going to be as flashy as Bounty Hunters. It wouldn't make sense, Bounty Hunters are very individual, resourceful and inventive. They have to rely on their wits and the ensemble of equipment they can get. Troopers don't need that, they have the entire power of the Republic R&D department behind them. They have the best equipment in the galaxy. If you really want to compare the Trooper's animations to anyone, compare them to the Agent. They're both Military classes, more professional than the other classes in the game and less showy.

On the other hand, compare the bounty hunter to the smuggler, as they're both independent agents, who use any means possible to win a fight (sucker punch anyone?).

Yeah I noticed that a lot of the visual cues for the Bounty Hunter were more apparent than the Trooper, an example would be Death from Above and Mortar Fire. As soon as you activate Death from Above you know something is happening but sometimes with Mortar Fire I have to double take to make sure it's actually started.

I do prefer the Trooper armours though, and their weapon choices. An Assault Rifle or a ruddy great big Auto-cannon.

no one has addressed the fact that their animations are so cool.

No, see, the point is that the Trooper and Agent aren't supposed to be cool.

Or, more accurately, they're supposed to be "cool" as in calm, composed, and in control. If you want to be flashy and extreme super special awesome 2 the maxx, there are classes for that: the bounty hunter and the smuggler. If you want to be a calm subtle professional who just gets things done, that's what the Trooper and Agent are for. If this bothers you, then you may have just discovered that the Trooper class is not for you.

Seriously. Roll a smuggler. You get awesome animations, you get laid on like every planet, and your dialog is consistently funnier than the trooper.

Edited by omechron

No, see, the point is that the Trooper and Agent aren't supposed to be cool.

Or, more accurately, they're supposed to be "cool" as in calm, composed, and in control. If you want to be flashy and extreme super special awesome 2 the maxx, there are classes for that: the bounty hunter and the smuggler. If you want to be a calm subtle professional who just gets things done, that's what the Trooper and Agent are for. If this bothers you, then you may have just discovered that the Trooper class is not for you.

Seriously. Roll a smuggler. You get awesome animations, you get laid on like every planet, and your dialog is consistently funnier than the trooper.

The female trooper is voiced by Jennifer "Commander Shepard" Hale. This goes beyond mere coolness and into super-coolness.