Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working as intended.

and that BH aint even in full pvp gear either from the looks of it. once he is they will be 4k's and 6k's

grav round hits in 1 go or a damage on hit then more when it explodes i forgot.

but ive been hit by grav round for around 13k is the hardest and then on average 4k to 11k

so giving this ability a 30 second cooldown so its not spammable would be perfect

perhaps a 30 second cooldown ?

Nope, still ruins that whole tree. Lets put it this way, that tree is MADE for grav round spam. The problem is grav round itself has high damage output that really doesn't care if you're a squishie or a tank. Now if you actually NEEDED those abilities that it buffed... also no way is it hitting as hard as you claim. Its likely actually the 31 point talent that's an instant cast.

Edited by Kuari

How is it not??? You do realize 50's have their own bracket now don't you? You think that's a lot of damage against other 50s in pvp gear, not counting shields and bubbles that a lot of them have?

Get a clue before you open your mouth next time.

Umm, yeah, 1700 damage, 10% of a player's health, on a Non-crit 1.5 second cast with no cool-down is a lot of damage.

Just as a point of reference, a lightning sorcerer's lightning strike, an ability with a 1.5 second cast time and no cooldown, does about half that on a non crit.

anyone who says that they need to put tracer missle on a 30 second / minute cooldown cant even talk in this discussion, cause you obviously have no clue what an arsenal BH is about. Learn about the class before yelling nerf. we HAVE to spam tracer missle 3 times to get our heat sigs up to use heatseaking missle. also HAVE to spam it 2 more times to get our rail shot to hit maximum damage, not to mention spamming it gives the chance to refresh our unload AND give it 25% damage increase. All the people who get on the forum and complain about the spam dont get any respect from me, dont come on here scream for nerf without doing your research, cause you just look silly.

I'm going to assume you're melee and I'm also going to assume that you just started pvping. You know that wonderful little ability known as an "interrupt?" Guess what, it's not just for healers or pve, it even has a range that's a hell of a lot further than your melee range. Learn to use it.

Which would be great if the BH/SW interrupt had a larger range than melee. And Trooper/Merc didn't have both a stun and a combined knock-back+slow. And Tracer/Grav didn't have fairly long range.

Knockbacks are not interrupts, and they don't work if your attacker has resolve.

Knockbacks also do not prevent the user from using said ability for several seconds.

Knockbacks can rupt if your paying attention to the resolve.

Immediately moving to target after knockback when you they are going to spam the same skill with your actual interrupt is not a bad tactic; especially if your getting them to burn heat in the process then its good over all. The more time and energy you get someone to waste is the less dps / resources successfully pumped.

In short:

L2P

sorry for being right in wanting your stupidly OP ability nerfed that you spam constantly GAWD

not my fault your terible and thats the only button you know how to push

OK, seriously, enough of that. Yes, it needs to be nerfed, but you're asking an entire talent tree to be slammed into the ground. There's a big difference there.

and that BH aint even in full pvp gear either from the looks of it. once he is they will be 4k's and 6k's

grav round hits in 1 go or a damage on hit then more when it explodes i forgot.

but ive been hit by grav round for around 13k is the hardest and then on average 4k to 11k

so giving this ability a 30 second cooldown so its not spammable would be perfect

You are clearly new and don't know what you are talking about. If, big IF, you get a grav+stickie+demo (and crits), then and only then would you be near numbers you are spouting off.

Grav rounds don't that hard, even fully geared with consumables.

Nope, still ruins that whole tree. Lets put it this way, that tree is MADE for grav round spam. The problem is grav round itself has high damage output that really doesn't care if you're a squishie or a tank. Now if you actually NEEDED those abilities that it buffed... also no way is it hitting as hard as you claim. Its likely actually the 31 point talent that's an instant cast.

Well, full pve geared bhs in my guild do 3k tracer missile hits on raid bosses with a crit chance of 60%. Heartseeker hits up to 10k.

Scaling issue much?

Easiest damage rotation in the game, should not do this kind of DPS.

Easy fix would prolly be to reduce the damage on tracer and buff the charged shot damage, since it is weapon damage and therefore gets a better damage mitigation. This forces the BH who wants to min/max to add in charged shots and keep tracer to refresh the heartseeker buff.

Somone who only spams tracer would deal less damage then.

any good BH or Trooper does not simply spam the skill.

it is used in conjunction with different skills to decrease your armor to make them hit harder etc.

instead of running and crying about something that isnt broken demanding it be fixed, learn to stop them in their tracks.

if you interrupt the skill, most people have no idea what to do, the good players save their knockbacks for such a cituation giving them space to get it back up.

use CC to stop them from using it.

BREAK THEIR LoS. fighting in the open against many classes not just those 2 is asking for a death. fight in places that give you an advantage and dont chase them to a place where they have the advantage.

essentially it is really easy to handle and playing against them more and more causes them to not seem so bad especially when you really learn how to counter and play against them.

if there is anything that is worthy of being complained about BH/TR its when they are healer specced. Healers wearing heavy armor is simply rediculous.

You do know that everyone knows you are lying out of you ***** right?

Difference between lying and misunderstanding. Lack of a combat log leads to a lot of this. Try not to instigate it further..

Well, full pve geared bhs in my guild do 3k tracer missile hits on raid bosses with a crit chance of 60%. Heartseeker hits up to 10k.

Scaling issue much?

Easiest damage rotation in the game, should not do this kind of DPS.

Easy fix would prolly be to reduce the damage on tracer and buff the charged shot damage, since it is weapon damage and therefore gets a better damage mitigation. This forces the BH who wants to min/max to add in charged shots and keep tracer to refresh the heartseeker buff.

Somone who only spams tracer would deal less damage then.

This almost exactly. Heatseeker is one scary attack with 5 stacks...

Edited by Kuari

yes it is hitting that hard but those are full pvp geared troopers

Have you.. considered interrupting the 1.5s cast time on Grav Round? Silencing it, perhaps? LoS kiting someone who needs a full GCD to do any damage to you?

Always do on my Scoundrel and Guardian.

Does not alter the fact that its too cost effective for the damage it does.

Id gladly see them buff other areas on the merc and commando tree in trade at least now that stim stacking is gone there is no way to defend the stupid output of this one button spam that even my dog could play effectively.

Needs a nerf plain and simple.

I honestly don't believe they need a nerf, I believe interrupt needs to play a wider role in preventing use of tracer missile/grav round.

It's pretty fool proof; Fire grav round, get interrupted, wait 4 seconds, press grav round again.

For the amount of damage it does, the cast time and the lack of a real cool down, tracer/grav have become the fools way to win PVP. It's made me an honest believer that Commando and Mercenary are just boring as **** to play.

assasins are bad lol im skilled with the assasin class and even i struggle with it we are to dam squishy.

Really? It's seemed to me that Assassins are the flavor of the month... There were at least 3 of them in each warzone I played yesterday.

Edited by Ukita

I honestly don't believe they need a nerf, I believe interrupt needs to play a wider role in preventing use of tracer missile/grav round.

It's pretty fool proof; Fire grav round, get interrupted, wait 4 seconds, press grav round again.

For the amount of damage it does, the cast time and the lack of a real cool down, tracer/grav have become the fools way to win PVP. It's made me an honest believer that Commando and Mercenary are just boring as **** to play.

Really? It's seemed to me that Assassins are the flavor of the month... There were at least 3 of them in each warzone I played yesterday.

they need a nerf period di you actualy watch that vid of that undergeared BH spamming missiles. and then look at his heat bar. even with him spamming it his heat didnt budge. and the ability is spamable and it does stupidly high damage lol

and you say i have noe clue gues again

Nobody plays lightning spec so I couldn't find a pvp video proving it, but if you make a lvl 1 on the maw I'll show you in korriban right now.

1700 damage non crit is stupidly high damage for a spammable 1.5 second cast.

I take it you arent level 50 yet.