Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

I can't think of a melee skill that crits for 4.5k aside from hidden strike, let alone one that has no cooldown.

Focus spec'd Guardians can Force Sweep for multiple crits over 4-5k. I have seen this, thats not just 1 taregt at a time. I dont want them nerfed by any means since im leveling one but just throwing that bone out there.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. How does that make it a non-issue, most 50s only have around 15k health, even if it is a crit you shouldn't be 5-shotting people with 1.5 second cast filler moves.

B. You realize other classes don't crit all the time either, right? and they still don't hit that hard with filler moves.

Hell, sorcerers don't hit that hard with... ANY moves.

I've been critted by sorcs for 4800 before, so ya they do. And unless you are ignored you don't live long enough as commando to five-shot anyone, and unless they are fresh 50 you won't five-shot them anyway.

Again, get a clue please.

It really dont matter that it dont have a cd do it? If it did then we would just get another skill as well. Also, the gunnery three would have to be completly rebuilt and it is no way to know what things would look like after that.

Most likely we would end up doing the same overall dmg, in the same time, to the same effect. Beacuse, that is what the class is designed to do?

The moment you start harrasing a gunnery commando he is ****ed, unless he severly outgear or outplay you. This goes for just about every class, some are easier kills and some almost guarantee to kill you.

But if you leave the Commando alone he can do a lot of dmg. This is the same for every ranged class.

Focus spec'd Guardians can Force Sweep for multiple crits over 4-5k. I have seen this, thats not just 1 taregt at a time. I dont want them nerfed by any means since im leveling one but just throwing that bone out there.

Force sweep also takes 25% of their focus, has a 15 second cool-down, a 5 meter range, and only hits that hard with buffs.

Force sweep also takes 25% of their focus, has a 15 second cool-down, a 5 meter range, and only hits that hard with buffs.

And is pretty much the only skill in that entire spec that does damage. Free aoe crit every 15 seconds and then poor damage the other 13.5 seconds.

I've been critted by sorcs for 4800 before, so ya they do. And unless you are ignored you don't live long enough as commando to five-shot anyone, and unless they are fresh 50 you won't five-shot them anyway.

Again, get a clue please.

for 4800 with what? The highest i've ever seen a sorc crit is~just under 5000 on a lowbie with biochem stacking buffs and mostly bm gear, and that ability has a 15 second cooldown.

And are you seriously telling me that you can't live for 7.5 seconds? What class aside from maybe a buffed out operative can take down a merc in heavy armor within 8 seconds.

Edited by Aidank

How is critting 4-5k okay on a 1.5 second cast with no cooldown?

Hell, how is critting 3k okay on a 1.5 second cast with no cooldown?

And on what bg am I able to get into cover within 1.5 seconds reliably?

Void star.

First doors, two pillars on each door you can hump.

Bridge- pillar by each control, giant platform in the middle.

2nd doors there is cubbies on each side you can duck behind and pillars

lazer walls- stacks of ammo, boxes, lazer walls.

3rd doors- Stairs and boxes all over the place.

Civil war

East and west have platforms you can duck behind. They also have the sides of the pillars you can duck behind and you can LOS using the point itself.

Middle has two levels, pillars and bypass underneath.

The field: *** are you doing in the field to start with? .... Oh and there is random crap out there to use too.

Huttball..... If you cannot find something to break LOS here you need to get your eyes checked.

Oh by the way, most classes can hit around the 4-5k range.... and some *gasp* do it without the chance of being interupted and don't give up mobility to do it.

Zher, yes there is LOS on maps... none of what you mentioned is practical to reach within 1.5 seconds unless you spend all of voidstar pillar humping and staying away from the doors.

And no, there isn't any other class that I know of besides maybe snipers that have an ability that hits that hard with no cooldown, at range, and such a low cast time.

Edited by Aidank

I cannot wait for this ability to be nerfed. As a relatively low-cost filler ability that's the main thing you're doing in your rotation when not using other abilities... it FAR outdamages equivalent abilities, stacks armor penetration, and stacks a buff for other abilities.

Compared to Lightning Strike (Sorc), Sniper (Sniper), and their Republic equivalent abilities, there's really no contest. This does way more damage and is more spammable than either. 1v1ing this class is basically impossible.

Always hear the defenders say "o u suck, u kan hied and LOS dem", but the problem is the solution to fighting a class shouldn't be "hide from it and run away", it should be balanced such that either side (given similar gear and skill) has a pretty even chance of winning. You shouldn't NEED to count on terrain which might not exist and run around hiding a lot... options which won't be available often, or aren't even options for several classes.

Stuff

Yeah, camp a pillar the entire game incase that one Merc looks at you funny and you need to hide to not get destroyed. Also good luck LoSing a 1.5sec cast with a melee class with the awesome PvP lag.

No melee class can spam 4.5k damage skills. Feel free to try and create a list. The majority of melee skills also are kinetic damage and have no armor penetration.

Edited by savionen

Theres ALOT of skills that hits for more then Gravity/Tracer

If you meet a 50 that actually have some Champion PvP gear and not green crap, you wont hit for more then 2000

Your probably seeing a grav-demo-impact combo, something that cant be used all the time

ive been hit by sorcs for over 4k, marauders for over 4k, juggernauts for over 4k, snipers for over 4k and def operatives for over 4k in continus hits. And most can do it on the run! Troopers/BH have over 1,5 sec cast time on all their skills and have to stand still to use them like damn turrets

Tracer/Grav users definatly doesnt have any hits that goes over 8k, and not 10k AoE like some classes, even with trinkets

If anything, Gunnery/Arsenal specced Troopers/BH need a overall buff in dps

Edited by SeloDaoC

Bioware focused our damage around one ability, Gravity Round / Tracer Missile. These attacks, when statcked to 5, (spec makes each shot = 2 stacks), increase our abilities damage by 25%. High Impact Bolt / Demolition Round.

If any one of the troopers/bounty hunters are using that ability only, they're doing it wrong, and are being killed, with ease.

You'll notice our weakness is, that we have to stand still to cast them. Either run behind something, interrupt us, or have all of your melee jump on us, and we'll die.

We're really easy to counter, the people complaining are the bads!

Hello, 50 Gunnery Commando here.

I currently have 1450 Aim, 290 Power, 250 Critical and 100 Surge. My Grav Round deals 1520-1570 damage on the first hit, and about 1710-1760 on the third with maximum Vortex stacks. On a crit, which happens 30% of the time, I deal an extra 65% damage, which results in 2450 to 2750 damage. If I were to maximally optimize this (by grabbing all Aim, Crit and Surge gear of maximum quality), I'd expect to see ~1850 damage on a normal hit, and something like 3200 on a crit.

I simply can not see how a Grav Round can approach 4k damage, let alone 8k.

What I can see happening is Sticky>Grav>Demolition Round, where all abilities hit at the same time on a target with maximum vortex stacks. If all three of these crit, the damage is something like 2k+2.5k+3.3k in an instant. However, this attack chain requires preparation by casting three consecutive Grav Rounds without being interrupted, LoSed, stunned, killed or disengaged, and requires great luck, since all three skills need to crit for such a brutal impact. With 35% crit, the chance is below 5%.

In short, the OP is full of ****, has no idea how Gunnery/Arsenal works, and is trolling you all. The ********** he managed to gather here is panic-inducing as well.

See this post for information.

Bioware focused our damage around one ability, Gravity Round / Tracer Missile. These attacks, when statcked to 5, (spec makes each shot = 2 stacks), increase our abilities damage by 25%. High Impact Bolt / Demolition Round.

If any one of the troopers/bounty hunters are using that ability only, they're doing it wrong, and are being killed, with ease.

You'll notice our weakness is, that we have to stand still to cast them. Either run behind something, interrupt us, or have all of your melee jump on us, and we'll die.

Nope,

, top kills, top dmg, top medals.

1 ability.

Most decent mercs play pyro anyways.

Nope,

1 ability.

Yes, a fully pvp geared player beating up lower level players with no expertise and claiming to be good.

Nobody interrupted him.

Nobody Line of Sighted him.

Nobody CCed Him.

He deserves the medals for fighting such *******.

Edited by Daecollo

Nope,

1 ability.

While that is possible, I can guarantee you, an instant 4k and 5k crit instant cast would've upped his damage, significantly.

He was just making a point.

While that is possible, I can guarantee you, an instant 4k and 5k crit instant cast would've upped his damage, significantly.

He was just making a point.

And I think he made it pretty clear, tracer missile does a stupid amount of damage for what it is.

Easy to counter in a 1 v 1 as certain classes? yes

Easy to counter in 8 v 8 where you can hide behind teammates and spam to your hearts content? no

This was never about 1 v 1 but team v team tracer/ grav are both far too effective in those situations and youll easily kill at least 2 other players before focus is switched to you since you are considered a non squishy target.

remember this is a team game and you guys are the litteral Rambo class somethings gotta give!

Also, no way to check if his premade was feeding him kills via CC chaining, healing, shielding etc. And it DOES seem like they were at several parts of the video. It's hard not to notice a lone trooper surrounded by Imps not take damage except when tracer'd.